Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Destiny 2 is literally 95% PVE

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    But everything I see on yt is TDM matches. And nobody even responded when I asked about the PVE content :p What is it?

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    The Campaign, Strikes, Raids and general exploration are all PVE, the only PVP is in the Crucible which you can 100% ignore if you want too. :)

AsiJu and lucidus like this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    While I do feel there has to be competition. STEAM can't and should not have a monopoly on digital game distribution for PC. I do agree that not ever single publisher needs their own service.
    I prefer STEAM, mostly because it's been around the longest, and the community stuff is nice.

But, if I'm being flat out honest, I have no issues with Origin or UPlay. Both give great download speeds, and Origin's customer service and refund policy are far better then STEAM's.
    But... that doesn't mean I also want to use Rockstar Social Club, battle.net, Bethesda's launcher... the Win10 Store... and on and on. A few are fine, great even. But, when every publisher tries to shove one out just because... it just becomes cluttered.

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Got my key from CDKeys, ordered it back in June for £32, happy with that. Looking forward to playing tomorrow at a normal time! (5pm GMT).

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    This is on Battle.net exclusively yes?

Darn if so, another client needed. Though I have Origin and UPlay uninstalled atm as I don't play any of the games they contain atm.

Well, Max Payne 3 is on Rockstar Social Club so there's that as well... remember when games didn't need any platforms/clients to run? That was nice!

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yep, afaik it's B.net exclusive so you'd better download that client :) Just keep it off Autostart and it won't bother you that much.

AsiJu likes this.
  8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Here's an idea I'm too dumb and lazy to make. Someone make a program that puts all the clients inside one client - a steam of clients. One to rule them all. Charge $2 bucks for it, get rich, make my life easier. Win.win.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this game runs quite smooth on a gtx 960 1080p high settings

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Game seems ok. First game I find film grain/ChromeAb look better on. Kind of generic game play, seems a lot of single player time. Mind you I never played the first one so this is all new to me. I wanted something to replace the Division. This is no Division. But it's only been an hour.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Battle.net has been around for much much longer than Steam.

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    is Overwatch on Steam ?

because i see someone in my friends list playing it on Steam , or at least added it to steam somehow

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    for people with mid-range setups

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The game is optimised to perfection.

Buy it for that alone and support good PC ports, we need more of those tbh.

As for the game, its VERY VERY generic. If you have played Halo, then you have played this game. Its basically a more open world Halo game with 2015 graphics in 2017.

A GTX750Ti can achieve console level graphics at 1080p locked 30fps. A 3+ year old GPU can get you the same experience as consoles.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    True, but... believe it or not, there are some people who have never once used it.
    I do not own a single Blizzard game.

And, I would love to try Destiny 2, and I'm sure I will down the road when I decide to buy it. But, I'm not thrilled about yet another game launcher.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I have everything maxed, with 2560x1080, resolution scaled to 133% and I seem to sit at 45fps all the time. Is this normal? I have a 1070 gtx/6700k/32gb - I don't think I've seen it hit anything in the 30's with the in-game fps monitor, but I'm reading about this supposed crazy performance. Mind you, if I go back to 1080, yeah...I'm 80fps ..is resolution scaling that demanding?

17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Here's a short video explaining the basics for you guys:

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I think you might be expecting a bit too much of the GTX 1070 to be honest, 2560x1080 and 133% resolution scaling is pushing things a bit.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    sorry this is not 1440p, 2560*1440 is 1440p, his is even less, and that is jarring actually to have this kind of performance with that card... something is wrong with the optimization of the game..

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    2560x1080 probably isn’t the problem it’s the 133% resolution scale that’s killing performance, there’s more to render at Ultra wide resolutions don’t forget.

Once you enter the European Dead Zone things get quite demanding, people are having to drop down the DOF setting @4K on 1080Ti’s to maintain 60fps.

Serotonin likes this.