Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Oct 23, 2017.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  2. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Same problem

3. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    The control panel crashes when I try expanding it out, this did not happen with the 10.1 drivers. Any suggestions?

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    No issues here, reinstall the driver.

5. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Re-read a Release Notes

6. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    kHi, im new with Vega 64 (before im user of 290x). I have problems with Freesync and this drivers, freesync cant enabled, "Not supported monitor" says. My monitor is MSI OPTIX G27C2, this monitor have freesync, and freesync current perfectly in my another 290x one. Freesync is enable is the monitor menu, monitor connected with displayport cable to graphic card, displayport cable 1.4.

I got enabled quickly, but disabled again and i dont touch nothing :(. Hope understand me, im use google translator.

P.D - Im use DDU and etc...

7. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Thanks, I missed that. (I just knew as soon as I posted this that someone was going to point that out. :D )

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Be sure the screen refresh rate is setted to a proper value. (On Windows 10: Settings > System > Screen, the link at bottom of the window...)

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    • Did you make any previous registry tweaks to your win10 build and then updated to Falls Creator Update 1709?
    • Did you use a app like SpyBot Anti Beacon (which hasn't been updated in a year now)?
    • When you remove previous AMD Drivers and reboot what does Device Manager's Display Adapters show?
    • When you remove previous AMD Drivers and reboot does your Monitor Screen Flicker or black sitting after being at desktop for about 2 minutes?
    • After uninstalling your previous AMD Drivers and rebooting does right clicking on desktop still show AMD Radeon Settings?
    • Does your monitor Flicker more then twice during a driver install?
    I ask those questions because using apps that edit the registry (regardless if you knew it or not) can really mess up your build if you update to FCU 1709.
    Also, for whatever reason, Windows 10 uses a brute force method for amd driver install after you uninstall your AMD drivers. For example:
    If your Display Adapter reads "Microsoft Basic Adapter" your OS will auto download an older version of AMD driver regardless if you want it or not. Regardless if you are in the process of updating AMD driver or not. Withing a minute or so depending on connection speed, etc it will FORCE AN INSTALL of AMD DRIVER TO YOUR OS. Just to get rid of the "Microsoft Basic Adapter" found under Display Adapter for Device Manager. Which is obnoxious and down right frustrating if you want to install drivers clean. If after an uninstall and the Display Adapter reads AMD Radeon XXX. It's a bit more relaxed and normally does not force anything.

You said you used DDU but was it in safe mode? Even if you have set "Device Installation Settings" to "No (your device might not work as expected" MS ignores it and still brute force installs it's AMD driver even when you are in the process installing the new drivers. MS Brute Force Approach will overwrite your own install while you are installing the drivers which will corrupting the registry to such a mangled state that neither restore point, Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) nor SFC will fix. And depending on how bad the Brute Forced happened you either get minor hiccups like you mentioned or get the dreaded ERROR 1603 Which is the WORST CASE SCENARIO because the only fix is a complete hard drive wipe and OS re-install.

Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/KB1603.aspx

Here is were you can get the latest win10 update

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I suggest everyone to buy a 8gig usb and download that as some sort of backup system.

How do I know this? Because it happened to me. The one thing that tipped me off to what was going on is that my monitor did multiple flicker while I was installing current drivers I intended to install. Then I released that MS installed drivers overtop what I was trying to install.
    Even though I disabled that "feature". After uninstall MS's driver (as that was the only thing shown in uninstall...I never did find the driver I installed). I had problems that could only be fixed with a complete driver wipe and OS re-install.

So, to answer your question.
    • Use DDU in safe mode
    • Uninstall drivers while unplugged or disconnected from the internet. Doesn't work any more
    • Reinstall this driver while you are unplugged or disconnected from the internet. Doesn't work any more
    • Just let MS install the old driver. Uninstall that driver through Win10. Reboot. Then install 17.10.2 and reboot again. Let 17.10.2 install process remove the old AMD Radeon device from device manager.

Until this obnoxious forced driver install is removed from Win10. That should fix whatever problems you are having.

Edit:

I do not understand why MS does not Simply Ask You.
    Hey User, it looks like you don't have AMD drivers installed. I have version ABC,XWY. Do you want me to install them for you? Hit Y for yes and N for no.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Octopuss and Jackalito like this.
  10. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    UVD BUG?

11. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Does this driver support Shader Model 6.0 yet?

12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yes, SM 6.0 is supported since 17.3.1. (17.3.2 passed all SM6.0 execution tests)

13. mehtaman

mehtaman Guest

GPU:
    RX480 8GB
    Is Crossfire still an issue on the Fall Creators update?

Since updating Windows I only see one of my RX480s

I have used AMD's uninstall tool as well as DDU to wipe my PC a couple of times before installing this latest driver.
    Device Manager still only shows one GPU :-(

14. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    tested here fh3 , and take a lot of time to load the game .

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont think thats a driver problem?

16. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
  17. arakkam

arakkam Guest

GPU:
    HD 7850 2GB
    CAUTION this driver dropped about 20-30 FPS in game called "Crossout" for me when i upgraded from 17.9.x with HD 7850 card.

Other problems that happened too:
    flash video playback in fullscreen was all black (with 17.9.3 driver fullscreen works)
    Windows got stuck loading (white circling balls, black screen) once when rebooting right after 17.10.2 update.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    clean install or upgrade?

19. arakkam

arakkam Guest

GPU:
    HD 7850 2GB
    Just upgraded with radeon settings software, no clean install. Installing 17.9.3 driver from guru 3D fixed the problems i had with 17.10.2.

20. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Same here, same card, same install method. Release notes state otherwise :(