16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M

user1 try this

download 15.7.1 win 10 64 and in the inf rename your driver to one driver with gcn like 7670M to 8670M and install using disable signature
    download 17.8.2 win 10 64 and with your last driver you gonna use your CIMManifest and replace in 17.8.2 and in the in of 17.8.2 modded with your graphic moddel like you know just that and install

whats gonna happen you gonna have the driver 15.200 from the 15.7.1 but with the settings from the 17.8.2 ,

profiles updated
    shadow cache enable

2. Rakshith

Rakshith Guest

GPU:
    hd3000
    Hey user1 and experts, I'm new here and I just wanted a lttle help understanding which is the best driver for my laptop of which the specs are i5 HD3000 and AMD HD 6470M, its a switchable rig. Now the laptop is just lying in the corner and am planning to use it so my questions are
    1. Is the recommended pack better than update 5? I want the driver to have the most bleeding edge drivers and vulkan support as well.
    2. Does update 5 have all the features of recommended pack or better? I understand update 5 prolly have bugs more than recommended but I wish to have bleeding edge tech.
    3. Bloat is a concern so shouldnt update 5 with newer software packages of v17 be faster and more lightweight over anything else?
    so bottomline is more updated/beta releases of opengl/cl/vulkan libs and dx support so windows 10 runs faster and I can enable good madvr performance in mpc hc ,games not a concern really. If possible and overall most updated dll's and new features over compatible so which one? thanks for taking the time to answer i've spent hours to get here so hope it would be a smooth process getting the right answers. cheers!

Edit1; does the drivers have h.265 native support? ported from future drivers. So movies and tv can play hevc natively instead of me relying on mpc hc and madvr without media foundation enabled.

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    These driver packs do not add functionality, They are merely newer driver versions that are available on windows update, repacked for use on non-gcn desktop cards, differences between these and the stock driver are largely minimal, they differ mostly in performance on windows 10 in cpu bound situations, even so we are talking <5% difference in the majority of cases, use of the packs is also associated with bugs that are not present on the stock Win10 driver,

The recommended pack is the most functional(opencl supported) and makes use of catalyst software.
    the Other packs were experiments for using newer Crimson software/gameprofiles with the 16.101 branch drivers with functionality similar to the 16.2.1 crimson Beta for non-gcn cards(lacks opencl support).

I don't recommend using these packs on laptops , largely untested , and likely to have more bugs in general.

Overall i can't really recommend these anymore to most people, Only really worth using if you have a weak cpu on windows 10 (core 2 duo range) and don't play frostbite engine games, running crossfire, or for benching non-gcn cards.

4. Rakshith

Rakshith Guest

GPU:
    hd3000
    I'll use the official beta driver for non gcn from amd and measure the perf difference b/w it and the recommended pack then. I just wanted to know which driver for my card will be the fastest and have the most up to date components including vulkan & opencl support but I guess as you said it doesn't add functionality so I'm guessing there is no way to enable vulkan on this hardware.

Thanks for answering user1!

5. sagael

sagael Active Member

GPU:
    7670m
    which controllers would be the best for my 7670m of 1gb along with the 8650g

PD:UPDATE 5 WORKING IN WIN 7 ?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  6. darkdex52

darkdex52 Guest

GPU:
    8750M
    I just installed the Fall Creators Update for Windows 10 and now it won't let me install the Feb9 Crimson RePack or any other repack anymore. I have disabled driver signature enforcement (and no Secure Boot) from Advanced Restart, everything installs except the actual Device Driver.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    May be the end of the line, on older versions of windows 10 we were lucky that you could force the install and then it would allow booting in normal mode if the actual files were signed (which they are), Microsoft appears to be upping the security measures considerably with this update. You may want to try manually installing the inf via device manager and see what kind of error it gives (with signature enforcement disabled).

Until i can check whats going on, assume that its being blocked on purpose. use an unmodified stock driver in the meantime

8. sagael

sagael Active Member

GPU:
    7670m
    these drivers work on win 7?

9. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    Yes they do here.
    For any question about hybrid graphics laptops, please ask over at leshcatlabs

10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Ive tested 1709, so long as the drivers from windows update are blocked, had no extra problems. any problem installing on 1709 is probably a configuration issue, not the drivers.

also tested the 15.201.2401.1010 firepro drivers , work ok, main thing is that they are fully signed, which means you can use inf edits even on newer versions of windows, unlike the catalyst 15.11.1 beta

there was an interesting discovery aswell, moving from a core 2 quad to an ivy i5 resulted in a signifigant increase in drawcall performance when using the 15.301/16.101 branch(win10), going from 566k on a 15.201 branch driver to 843k on 16.101 a nearly 50% increase!. my guess as to why is that the i5 has signifigantly more memory bandwidth which seems to have a much bigger impact on performance than raw single thread perf (I observed this on the core 2 quad aswell but to a lesser degree, ie pumping up the fsb had a greater effect than high core frequency)

kinda curious what a kaby lake with high speed ddr4 would manage, the hd 6870 doesn't seem to be hitting any hw limit when it comes to draw calls, i wonder if it would scale past a million draw calls with enough corespeed/memory bandwidth. definitely good to know if you want to break some old oc records.

mirh likes this.

11. ExDeF

ExDeF Member

GPU:
    Radeon 6770M
    user1
    Where to download firepro 15.201.2401.1010?

12. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    just look up the drivers on amd's website for a card like the firepro v7900 (cayman) , they released a minor driver update for legacy firepros back in febuary.

xlollomanx likes this.
  13. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I think I'll try this drivers on my old laptop with 7670M by editing the inf files when i have time.

14. sagael

sagael Active Member

GPU:
    7670m
    I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  15. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    I see HD8650G in .INF, but i can't install this re-pack driver on my APU 5750M.
    I could be fault of the dGPU HD 7970M? Installer can't detect iGPU.
    I tried install by Device Manage but it said "Windows detect best driver for this device, so fcuk u boi"

16. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    The FirePro drivers are better than the legacy o beta drivers in the latest windows 10 build? xD

17. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    @user1 I'm not been able to install this firepro drivers on my laptop with A10-5750M and HD7670M. Maybe the program I used did not edited the inf correctly or maybe this drivers not works properly with that card....Can you make a small guide to manually edit the inf file? Thanks!

18. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    If you're using that old flem utility, it wont work properly, that thing hasn't worked properly for a while now(with newer drivers)

not one for making guides, but ill update this post when I get a chance to go over it

yeah probably the 7970M, you will need to add it to the inf if its not already there,

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    xlollomanx likes this.
  19. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    ok, thank you. I'll wait patiently then :)

20. sagael

sagael Active Member

GPU:
    7670m
    could you achieve any result?