GeForce Hot Fix Driver R387.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Oct 12, 2017.

1. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    This is about the driver 387 / hot fix, in that respect it seems to break a lot of SLI configurations and has issues with Fast synch in SLI as well as an 8 bit vs 10bit implimentation. In regards to wether or not you don't like SLI **that is your opinion and I respect that, but for those of us that use it successfully for what we like, thats our choice** well that's not what this thread is about.

so in this driver:
    Fast Synch in SLI is inconsistent and iffy or at best half baked
    Install issues in card detection
    Several SLI profiles have been changed to "1 GPU" and the compatibility bits changed as well, so that if you use nvcpl to change it it will show enabled - but its really not - using inspector this is easily fixed.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I returned to official 387.92, looked stabler in the games I play. These had a hard lock in RE6 benchmark when I alt+tab'd from windowed to full screen.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, this alone should be enough for you to understand the future of SLI in general. It's pretty pointless to tie this to any driver because this is a general direction of mGPU evolution. You either get used to it or you continue with your pointless complaining on forums and elsewhere. It won't change.

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I agree that SLI isn't what it used to be and this was the main reason for me not having SLI this time when i upgraded as the 1080ti is just ok for me @ 1440p but if you're running higher resolutions and refresh rates than SLI is probably the way to go , even if you have to put up with poor support in certain circumstances and bad value for your hard earned money .

5. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I'm not having any SLI issues with this driver, it works fine for me. I've played TW: Warhammer II, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Overwatch and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, all working fine with SLI at 3840x2160.

I've tried FastSync with OW and it seemed fine too, as in I didn't notice any judder or input lag and there was no tearing.

@venturi, You can't really be surprised about issues, Pascal SLI only goes up to 2 cards, you've got 4. That's actually an unsupported configuration, even though it might work in certain cases, NVIDIA does not guarantee it.

6. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

true, but then again, I feel like trying ;)

in addition, it usually gets figured out, I was able to resolve some of the issues on this driver, so I'll see if there are other updates in the next few weeks
    I found how to fix the fast synch issue on this driver, and I was able to resolve the 8bit vs 10bit issue.

so ...work in progress

7. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    Wow..driver that idles at 139mhz at 1440p 144hz and 1200p 60hz nais..!

8. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    tried to install these drivers. my temps in idle are 15° more and i tried playing, core clock stuck in 3d mode....uninstalled immediately

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Are you reading the temperatures with HWMonitor?

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    MSI AFTERBURNER+RTSS.
    I installed 387.92 and temps went back to what they were

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    The MSI: AB & other applications show the correct reading for 387.92 & 387.98, but except HWMonitor.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Can totally relate. No SLI issues what so ever. Been having nothing but good times with SLI since the GTX 700 series.

13. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    yeah no issues with sli either, and that's not saying got any better over the years it's just saying is performing as expected at least at 21:9 3840x1600 @75hz

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Did anyone upgrade to windows 10 Fall Creators ? does Windows Store open correctly for you ? Home/Apps does not open correctly , only Games. if I create a new user all works, Home/Apps . it show as grey icons.
    I happens both my Desktop and Laptop, DISM didn't show error, SFC /Scannow no errors .. What could this be ? Nvidia Drivers ?

[​IMG]

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Or ancient aliens? Store works without issues here on 387.98.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    This is the first driver I have kept or even tried to install in a long time because of the hdr issue which hasn't worked in all drivers since MEA, but I haven't been keeping up to date.

I installed this and it allowed me to select 4k 60hz 8bit rgb with full range, which I believe was the problem before, it woulf only let you choose limited range rgb or make you choose ycbr 4:2:0 which looked terrible on the desktop.

So obviously I have what I want on the desktop, full range rgb again with this driver. Is there any incompatibility with hdr working with that setting. Or have they just split the issue, so you can have proper desktop colours and black depth, or you can have hdr compatibility?

Has anyone tested MEA or resident evil?

17. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    Go to the Start Screen type "wsreset" command

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's not nvidia. I had this same problem and I had to change my region to USA in settings. I otherwise set it to UAE.

19. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    UWP is still very buggy. This happens time to time. Also RTSS can cause UWP blackout.