AMD Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Windows® 10 Fall Creators Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Oct 17, 2017.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    The best I could find was remembering the annoucement back with Vega Radeon Pro a few months ago. Here is the link https://pro.radeon.com/en/product/radeon-vega-frontier-edition/ Scroll down the Software and Performance. Anyhow if this is what is really it and it does look like then it is just a dummy option in the Relive control panel as setting it compute should shut off the chill options and wattman which it does not. Thinking it is just a mistake in this beta showing the option.

2. PetBB

PetBB Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII, R9 Fury
    This WDDM 2.3 driver is amazing. For the first time I can play Deus Ex Mankind Divided in Crossfire! Stuttering and freezing are gone and it's very smooth now.

OnnA likes this.
  3. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I install these last night, got to play Middle Earth: Shadow of War & got BSOD. the fix was that HBCC was enable by it self when you install the driver & I had to disable HBCC then reboot the PC, that fix the problem.

4. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Is this driver similar to the 17.7 that you can get with WU? Or it's some newer build?

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    If you had my kind of problems (as in bugs) you would be upset.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The package from WU is a driver only package, at least the one I linked up. This would be a full package, and probably worthwhile for me to update to, and let my system update to the 23.20.780.3.

EDIT: Had to update to latest driver manually, tho it did autodetect.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  7. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I install the Windows Update driver today, it show 17.7 when AMD web site show BETA. i don't know if it's a RX Vega bug but Mantle say Not Available in both WDDM 2.3 drivers 10/11/17 & AMD driver 10/10/17, i use DDU in safe mode.

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    There seems to be a bug when programs display overclocked vram settings here on RX480. After applying a new setting with either MSI AB or Wattman, the vram slider will return to the default speed, GPU-Z will also show default speed for the current memory clock on the Graphics Card tab. But while under load, the previously applied vram clock will show in realtime on the Sensor tab or under MSI AB readings. Reseting clocks won't work for vram, it'll stay on the previously applied setting both on Wattman and MSI AB. IIRC I remember something similar when Crimson came out. The same happens with 23.20.780.3.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  9. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Giving me BSOD on my APU while i'm gaming.

BSOD name "Thread Stuck In Device Driver"

10. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Hmm that is strange, I play SoW with HBCC on and it runs fine. Seems I need it on to play 1440p Ultra as my vRam usages hovers around 10GB with it on.

11. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    I had 17.10.1 installed, and WU installed 17.7 over them. Not it's mixed 17.10.1 and 17.7 from WU. I have WDDM 2.3. It's also 23.20.780.3 for me. They seem to be working just fine here.

12. Marios145

Marios145 Active Member

Remember when people avoided updates and service packs and preferred to wait until everything was stable?
    Pepperidge farm remembers...
    Some people should just buy a console.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Savage. :D

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I will wait until it be in Windows Update ;)
    Now i have System Updated, no new Updates :D
    TBF im looking forward into new CU.

15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can't use the AMD hardware encoder in OBS with this driver on Windows 10 (1709-16299.19).

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What card? It's working fine here on Win 10 Fall CU and R9 290 with this driver.

17. StuST220

StuST220 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming
    I'm having an issue with this driver release, I've updated Windows to Fall Creators today, I've since downloaded and done a clean install on this driver package all but the Bethesda software and I keep getting the below error message no matter what I do.

[​IMG]

I'm running an R9 290..no issues on any drivers until now, I've disabled my anti-virus software and I just can't seem to get it to install fully. Display driver and the HDMI audio driver all seem ok it's just the Radeon Software and Re-Live that I can't get to play nicely, any ideas anyone?

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just to note, Mantle working here on 390. (Dragon Age: Inquisition) on FCU Beta package + 23.20.780.3

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Since this is a fresh install, please make sure the first thing you install are your current chipset drivers. Then go ahead and install your SATA and GPU drivers. Also make sure you disable Defender, as sometimes it will coexist along with whatever Antivirus you use.

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It went from bad to worse. BSOD as soon as I double tap the alt-tab buttons.