R7 360 Crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by aprince, Oct 13, 2017.

1. aprince

aprince Guest

GPU:
    R7 360
    Anyone crossfire this card?

Ive been looking for full benchmarks with fps, power draws, heat etc but i cant find what im looking for.

I have one and im looking at possibly adding another used one for about 50-70 bucks AUD.

im just looking for a little boost without breaking the bank.

i play 1080p and i don't have any future goals of achieving higher res

If i sold mine and kept the money to buy another card in australia, id still be short of a 2gb rx 560. The 4 GB versions start around 175 aud. Going by the synthetics, that rx 560 is only a 28% jump in performance over the r7 360.

At $175 id rather go over to the other guys with a 4gb 1050 ti (59% jump) at 200 ish AUD or even just go 270-80ish AUD for a 3GB 1060. But i really dont want to spend that much. The rx 570 jumps to 325-350+ in Aus. There really isn't anything AMD in that 200 AUD range that'll compete with the 1050 ti.

Cheers

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Don't bother crossfiring it.

Save your money until you can buy something better.

Crossfire is a hit or a miss in most new games plus the one's that do work can have lots of bugs.

Buy a used card if you have to.

3. aprince

aprince Guest

GPU:
    R7 360
    Thanks, but ive seen that one and it wasnt the info i was looking for. I actually had to settle for 260x data since the cards are similar.

There's only a couple of games on the list below that i play that i would have issues with. However, i could still play them with a single card.

http://amdcrossfire.wikia.com/wiki/Crossfire_Game_Compatibility_List

If i can find a used r7 360 in that 50-60 AUD range. i may give it a shot. Worst case, i sell both together as a crossfire set up for some else interested in finding out first hand.

in retrospect i wish i would have bought a rx 460, because i would definitely buy a used one and CF that. However, im not going to buy two.

too bad the rx 550 isnt xfire supported or i would give that a try since they are pretty cheap.

thanks for the input guys.

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Aren't there any used 79x0/280 or R9 285/380 cards you could go for? Over here can find either of those for between £65~£100

They are still very capable cards at 1080p

I agree with Agent though, don't bother with crossfire, it's more trouble than it's worth, I'd only say it's worth it if you're given another 260/360 for free.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017

5. aprince

aprince Guest

GPU:
    R7 360
    When it comes to used tech in aus, its slim pickings for the most part, especially if you live in more rural areas. So using ebay as my main source is pretty much it. A used 285/380 on average still go for around 200+ AUD on ebay still. People here want cheap, but generally dont want to sell cheap.

If i start spending 150+ plus on a used card, id rather put that cash towards a new card and get some sort of warranty with it. well, unless i personally i know the seller. No one i knows has anything decent avaliable.

The only fair deals usually around or under 100 in aus/ebay are for the r9 270x and 660 tis.

However, by the time you include the sale of mine with the average purchase price of a used one i'm nearing 1050 ti territory again.

So Id rather just add one cheaper 360 if i can find one and run with that set up for a 14-18 months (resell prices in aus will still be in my favor). OR ill just end up buying a new 4GB 1050 ti or 1060 3gb.

In 14-18 months the plan is to upgrade my system completely (most likely a 6 core amd 1600), no salvaged parts unless its the 1050/1060. At the same time id rather sale this system with the gpu/s, because its a xeon w3690 ( no integrated graphics) . So instead of sticking an old quadro or a lesser hd i have in it, id rather have at least the r7 in it to make it an easier sell.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Athlonite likes this.
  6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Fair enough I'd say save your money then, it really isn't worth the hassle.

Athlonite likes this.
  7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    @aprince I know how you feel neighbor it's the same sort of thing here in NZ people wanting max money for their second hand GPU's just because they think they're worth it when in actual fact most are only worth half what they paid or less I mean who in their right mind is going to pay $300 for a used Asus Strix gtx970 3.5GB good ram .5GB crap ram

8. aprince

aprince Guest

GPU:
    R7 360
    Yeah prices are outrageous over on this side of the world. Im an american transplant and even after 7-8 years i cannot get use to sticker shock.

i made a best offer for a r7 360 for 60 bucks. If they accept it great, ill be a guinea pig. If not, ill just start saving for a 1060 i think. If it doesnt work out well, i sell the pair for some other sucker to crossfire for 160. considering they are 115-135+ aud new, i may get a few bites