Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.0.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. WebwalkerCZ

WebwalkerCZ Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX 480 O4G Gam
    Sorry, this is a bug of the Radeon Crimson 17.6.X drivers

2. bdsm

bdsm Guest

GPU:
    FullHD 6mb hard cache
    Hi, cannot install RTSS, no matter what version it is.

Error message:
    RivaTuner Statistics Server is currently active, install process will be aborted!

No RTSS has been installed before, so I think there could be some dependencies. Maybe some service or something. Any ideas?

3. anonymouspro

anonymouspro Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTC 1080
    Great things for us.

Awesome

4. nbtc971

nbtc971 New Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX-GTX970 4gb
    7.0.0 not working with The Witcher 3

Once I updated to the beta from 6.6 The Witcher 3 was no longer being captured as being started (goverlay). I've tried messing around with it but I wasn't able to get it to work again until I went back to 6.6. Just thought I'd pass that on.

I'm on Windows 10 Creator Edition

UPDATE
    Apparently it has problems with other games too, at least on my system. I did a clean install and it has problems detecting a 3D app has started and when it does seem to detect it, when I shut the game down Goverlay stays in gaming mode. I again switched back to 6.6 and it works perfectly. I'm guessing I just need to wait for the final version.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017

5. HoT

HoT Guest

GPU:
    1070 G1
    rivatuner RTSS is no longer working after the last windows 10 update

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    What version did you have installed?

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    i am running the latest version of windows 10 1703 (build 15063.540)

using latest 385.12 driver and using lastest msi ab and rtss.

the osd does not work, gpu usage reads 1% no matter what and other osd options dont read the correct data when playing games.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There are newer beta builds in the Afterburner topic and the discussion for 6.7.0 (Which then became 7.0.0 with Afterburner 4.4.0) which you could try, think the latest is Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 16 which includes Rivatuner 7.0.0 beta 27 though the latter is also available stand-alone if you only want to update the RTSS component.

I mostly update just to have the newer versions though AMD had a bit of fun with 17.7.2 which requires a newer Afterburner version to work around some changes they did in that driver.
    (Well, required, it's fixed as of I think two betas back for Afterburner by now.)

As for the OS update I'm not sure, changelog doesn't really say much https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4018124 but they do change a number of things in mostly every monthly cumulative update and a full Redstone 3 build update should also be released not too far from now if it's still scheduled for early Autumn.

EDIT: If it's a problem with a earlier beta of Rivatuner or Afterburner I guess if there's a newer build considered stable enough it could be promoted to a public front-page release too if it can be confirmed that there are issues with the current CU of Win10 though it's split up a bit further due to the various versions of Win10 that are still actively supported ranging from I think it's Anniversary, RS1 and RS2 currently.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290x Gaming 4G
    Going to update afterburner to the most recent build then. I noticed that RTSS 7.0.0 beta 19 seriously hinders FPS when the overlay is enabled in OpenGL games such as Wolfenstein The New Order and The Old Blood.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Latest beta RTSS is 27

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And now it's 28 since that just came out a short while ago ha ha, specifically mentions fixing a issue with OpenGL and the overlay so perhaps Wolfenstein New Order or it's stand-alone expansion Wolfenstein Old Blood could benefit from this update. :)

Though it was more about how the overlay might not show up at all unless you used Raster 2D I think it was, I use a AMD GPU though so performance due to these using OpenGL 3.x and AMD being a bit so-so with OGL in general well the games had their quirks due to that to put it mildly.

(As for RTSS It still worked with the game as I remember but the OSD didn't show up at all unless you changed the mode from Raster or Vector 3D to 2D.)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  12. RenanRischiotto

RenanRischiotto Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 4GB
    Wow, thanks dude, I didn't knew that!!! :cry::cry::cry:

They are working on this? To reduce the input lag that it causes?

13. abs_urd

abs_urd Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD5670 2GB DDR3
    RTSS 7.0.0.0 Beta, make all of our Windows 10 apps crash on Windows 10 1703. Please resolve it, really annoying when I'm not know it before.

14. 021 jcu 570

021 jcu 570 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire tri-x 390X
    This message is a bug report on RivaTuner 7 beta 19.

I play Second Life and on the Alchemy Viewer I use I notice flickering on the information
    display .. if someone should test it and doesn't see the problem occur, try altering the
    information display size on Riva settings and going back to the viewer to evaluate on any
    possible behavior change.

15. mdrejhon

mdrejhon Member Guru

GPU:
    4 Flux Capacitors in SLI
    Blur Busters here -- we used RTSS for benchmarking 240 Hz G-SYNC and we recommend RTSS for the Low-Lag VSYNC ON technique.

I also have two major suggestions for the authors of RivaTuner/RTSS to have two additional (separate) adaptive frame rate capping modes, see this post here.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

16. kayawish24

kayawish24 Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800 gtx
    [​IMG] just upgraded to creator update and then clean installed Nvidia new drivers and now RTSS 7.0.0 Beta is giving runtime error on startup.I ran sfc scannow command in CMD and it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.i wssted about 4 hours only to fix RTSS on creator update.My runtimes are also updated.please help me.eventviewer showing this...

Faulting application name: RTSS.exe, version: 7.0.0.13333, time stamp: 0x58e8f525
    Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.9279, time stamp: 0x57fb316a
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x0005beae
    Faulting process id: 0x1274
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3403baa3c1af6
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSS.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9279_none_50939ec6bcb7c97c\MSVCR90.dll
    Report Id: 3205a340-e326-4c33-83cd-4d8298e18dfa
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  17. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    all uplay games i cant make rtss to get working i have wd2 and wildlands and thedivision all three OSD not working
    any fix im after clean windows install

18. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Search can give you the answer as usual.

19. SubSonix

SubSonix New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but is there a up to date change log somewhere? Thanks :)

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The PDF document included with Afterburner and Rivatuner should contain a list of changes for version 4.4.0 (Afterburner) and 7.0.0 (Rivatuner) so you don't have to go through every post in the beta topic looking through the notes for every separate build released. :)