Middle-earth: Shadow Of War PC DRM Was Cracked Within 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That screenshot is yours? You should add a bit of your experience to the article too.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Hmm, what I experienced DRM wise (that is Denuvo btw) really isn't relevant for you guys. I means that was after the 4th install on a PC and afters witching like graphics 20 cards. So the way it is implemented seems fair.

4. Atombender

Atombender Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 6800 XT
    But still, If you illegally downloaded the game you could have done as much testing as you would like. But now you legally bought it you get these kind of messages. So you're being punished for buying the game, although I understand that it's not relevant for a regalar gamer.
    I'm still surprised the companies who make video games don't have some sort of version in which you switch as much hardware as you like.
    I mean there are a lot of websites who make these kind of comparisons like you do, who will also have the same problems.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I hear you, but I use legal games solely. And that does come with these protections. It's a vicious circle, I know.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah but what did locking you out for so long accomplish in the end? Steam CEG takes care of casual copying as it is and family share has its own risks and limitations. I also don't like how denuvo needs to relicense itself after a number of days determined by the publisher, which breaks offline mode. Anyway, it's ok, denuvo's invulnerability power up has expired so it will take care of itself :p And you're not wrong either, 20 different graphics cards in a day ... none of us are going to do that.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    In that case that will be like binned GPUs sent by well know brands to review sites: Denuvo-free version will surely performs better than legally borked version. :D

RzrTrek and MaCk0y like this.
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I dislike Denuvo (drm) as much as I do pirates (thieves), but I've got to admit, this story was funny and I can only hope companies will rethink their backward strategies and stop using it altogether.

9. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Everyone grab my hand, close your eyes and imagine a world with no drm, no dlc, no mandatory online for sp games and proper single player campaign length, as well as offline mp and bot matches as well as LAN....and no microtransactions and loot boxes.

"Imagine all the people...leaving life in peace, yoohoo..."

Keitosha, TheDeeGee, KissSh0t and 4 others like this.
  10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Those where the days, I feel old now...

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    That's all I wanted from UT4...after reading it would be online free to play only....I aged 30 years inside and cried into a cold can of no brand tomato soup, then ate it.

Silva likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    DRM are more of nusese to people that PAY for the games then the people that dont cause they are just cracked and there for it dont effect them.

CDproject fiqure this out and stop with why cant others? oh wait they actual think there DRM are ACTUAL working to stop privacy. over years i read so many articles and horror stories of DRM messing with people pc's up to install limitations too them being detrimental to game performances. and as of late how many times has there been article of said "game" uses Denuvo or for later for there to be article of it been cracked and the dev's remove Denuvo from the game. for that matter how many times has a said DRM been remove from games for same reason

who where remembers starforce or securom loved the fact that my habit of uninstall game and reinstalling them cause me to to be able reinstall said game at some point and revoking the install wasnt something people really knew about

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  13. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Honestly I wouldn´t touch it even for free, these devs need to compress their damn things, data and videos, h265 and freearc wont give you diseases.

Ps.- What?.... wtf?, $1300 pesos (72usd) bare bones edition for a sub-sub developed Country. HAHAHAHAHAHA. fkn warner brothers are out of their mind.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  14. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I once bought a collectors edition of Sacred 2 for $129, but because of securom, and how I would do fresh installs of windows without deactivating each and every friggin game manually, I used up my 3 slots, poof, couldn't install anymore.

Performance in mass effect 3 was much improved in the denuvo removal patch as well, like drastically better performance, with none of the crushing frame drops of before and the patch has literally no performance increase notes.

I know appologists like to blame the users...but the same hardware, same drivers....same windows version, no updates and then drm is removed and performance goes up...not a coincidence.

15. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 White
    DRM/Copy protection etc are all useless IMHO.

People who buy games will always buy them wether there is a protection or not (and they don't care about copying/redistributing anyway).
    The group that pirates games/software will do so anyway wether there is protection or not..

Point is, I bet companies are paying more for protecting their stuff then it makes them money from the 1 day of "protection"..

Without silly anti-piracy measures everyone would be better of, they even get free advertisement by the people who download stuff (for "free") and maybe share with their friends - who might end up buying the game afterwards (I used to do this in the olden days, used to download stuff more as a demo before buying, true story)

These days I just get everything legit, but often after a couple months a game has come out, or depending if I REALLY want a game I am a sucker and even pre-order (yes I know its bad :D) - then just be a man if the game is crap and accept you bought a shitty game, these things happen :p

Anyway, no anti-piracy = Happy reviewers, happy legit buyers, happy freeloaders, AND no moaning people on the helpdesk and or support forums.

What more do you want?

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    WB is definitively not lucky with this game.

This "poor" publisher is loosing money because evil ppl are using an exploit to get (FREE!!!!) loot boxes in this Single Player AND already paid game:

http://www.pcgamer.com/shadow-of-war-loot-box-cheat/

We should make a collect to help poor WB...

LOL

lucidus likes this.
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^^ lol ... the more I read this kind of crap, the less interested I become in playing the game. What have they done...

"Is it theft, or is it up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A?"

I can't care less about their abuse aka monetization of what used to be cheat codes. Let them cry about theft and piracy, I'm all for this bs being btfo.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Angry Joe exposed the point plain and simple:

Shadow Of War HAS Microtransactions!? Angry Rant!

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well on a positive i can only thank these company's who release £50 single player games with season pass, dlc, micro trans, mini DLC and now loot boxes, they basically make the decision for me NOT to touch their games....so i and my wallet thank them for that. lol

20. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    Good. Anti-consumer DRM has no place in our world.

https://whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

The lack of anti-consumer protection or it being vulnerable to cracking keeps publishers infinite greed in check and pushes them to actually spend money on a proper content like CD Projekt has been doing all these years.