Preview: The new MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 12, 2017.

1. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    Gosh, this is ugly. Why not go the full path and put 3 fans on both sides ? That would a MSI sexto...

Air cooling seems primitive nowadays, I personally would like to see more ready to use water cooled graphics cards on the market.

2. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    Never liked MSI design, be it cases, cards or even software (e.g. Afterburner). All butt ugly cluttered crap... And this card is no exception. Probably the worst looking company out there. Quality is good tho!

3. reb0rn

reb0rn Member

GPU:
    2x MSI gaming x 1070
    MSI does not cool VRM as it should!
    I had few 1070 Gaming X all are dead from mining, due VRM overheat, also their internal sensor is not calibrated and show less on most MSI cards! that is the fact which is hard to prove
    Most miners with MSI need to keep cooler fan to 90-100% in cold room so VRM would not blow of!
    They just don`t connect vrm heatsink to main cooler and even if GPU is under 70C, VRM is over 100C, same can be sad for memory on some cards as MSI 470/480 etc, they don`t have any coolers on them!

With this card, we gona see in full review have they used main cooler body to properly cool down whole VRM!

4. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Nice looking and sure it's quality. However, I'm a little surprised only 100mhz over FE.

5. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @FM57
    as long as the cpu is properly cooled with water, case temps gonna be low enough for any card to not throttle (cause of temps).
    and the few ppl that have the cash for a ti in sli, can shell out some money for an EK block..

@reb0rn
    mining isnt covered unless the cards were sold as such, so not msi's problem.
    msi quote: Any breakdown or damage caused by non-compliance stated on the user manual, .. and use.
    pny: THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY WHERE PRODUCT(S) ARE USED TO ANY DEGREE, OUTSIDE OF NORMAL INTENDED USE, WHICH SHALL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO “MINING” (e.g., Cryptocurrency, Data Mining, Mining Farms)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  6. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Still, it shows a weakness in the cards regardless.

7. jazh23

jazh23 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 660 ti 2GB
    I would like to see this Cooler on a GTX 1060/1070 since I can not afford a 1080 ti, instead of the awful black-red combination...

8. komis

komis Guest

GPU:
    gtx 670
    so how many power phases does this card have ,,,i can see 8 VRM