GeForce 387.92 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 9, 2017.

1. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Driver is working good under gaming, work and surfing. No installation and game breaking issues. Using Windows 10 x64 ver.15063.674

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This alone doesn't mean that the number of draw calls is also increased. Performance can be lower for a multitude of reasons.

Hitman 2016 somewhat does but only in 1080p on anything higher than 1080. The rest of them - not really.

3. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    ^Exactly
    It's been rumored that AC: Unity, at times well exceeds that 10K DC "limit" and even rises as high as 50K. Rumored. It's also been said many times that the game has been optimized like crap but no, Unity is actually highly optimized. Just by using 3Dmigoto to hide shaders you'll see Ubi stuffed a lot of things together to save passes, a badly optimized engine won't do that. Don't be so quick to blame bad performance on DCs or optimization.

4. Hi guys! One my friend is having trouble playing Hearthstone with this release of driver....
    The game stutter in every situation
    With the previous driver release all works fine.
    Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

5. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Roll back to previous driver ;)

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ACU draw calls number actually went down from AC4 AFAIK.

Hitman is a bit peculiar as well, considering that it's a multiplatform release, one of the first DX12 games and was sponsored by AMD to boot. I have a feeling that its DX11 renderer could've done a better job with draw calls but the dev team decided to sunk it specifically to showcase DX12. I mean, there's not really any noticeable jump in world complexity in Hitman compared to any other DX11 game of its time. The Division has a much more complex world sim than Hitman and it's up till this day runs in DX12 not much faster than in DX11 even on a Titan Xp.

GroinShooter likes this.
  7. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Well.. with my previous nvidia drivers experience.. I had problem when I try to set at "use default color settings". My display had washed out colors. Its happen not once in past.
    With these nvidia relase, it look like problem gone. But I not trust it. So I set my Panasonic TV at Full RGB permanently, aswell as in the TV settings.
    Full RGB may not work for colorist, aftist, profesional, who need very specific standard/profile.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah, overall score can be higher but the real info is by dracalls per frame. It didnt change since r360 or r370 or so..

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/aot/225191/aot/233512/aot/212685/aot/143816

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Laptop W10 64bit Pro, i7 3920xm, GTX680m, 16GB ram;

Forza 7 demo still occasionally crashes.

10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s always like that with racing games, only way to bump the performance there is to buy a new processor or a new api that boosts the draw calls, this very same engine is way faster in replays in pc1 compared to shift 2 after they switched to dx11... but now that they switched to 3d trees it falls short again.

11. maceh

maceh Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X OC
    Can someone with a gigabyte gtx 1080 g1 gamming check their TDP in idle with these drivers?
    me:
    385.41 = 139Mhz core 101Mhz mem 0.6250v = TDP 6% = 40º
    387.92 = 139Mhz core 101Mhz mem 0.6250v = TDP 8% = 44º

8% in idle is correct when with previus has 6%?

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This isn't a sign of being draw calls limited either. Most likely the engine is just badly parallelized.

13. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    PUBG runs great with these drivers.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    3DMark update got released, and API Overhead Vulkan test doesn't seem to run for me now on this driver.

15. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    anything higher than 1600 is hard to control in FPS games. almost all gamers use 1600DPI, considering that you have raw input on in game and in windows you have set it to middle sens. (default) with precision unticked.

16. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Same here, it just hangs 3DMark. W10 1709 16299.15

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Shift 2 threading:

Main Thread - This mostly handles submitting the scene to D3D. As well as these API calls, it handles scheduling of the other threads.

Async Update Thread - This is where all the game code and simulation happens. The thread is preparing all the high level stuff that the Main thread will use in it's next render. There is a 'bridge' between the two threads that takes into account 'time', so the anything in the world that isn't static (including the camera) will move at the correct speed regardless of frame-rate.

Workload Scheduler + 6 helper threads. This is our 'job' system. It is a pool of threads that many systems can use to offload work. Stuff like the grass generation, some parts of the damage and animation system, billboards, occlusion, low-level culling, particle systems, and some other smaller tasks run as jobs here. (The consoles obviously can't handle anywhere near this number of threads)

Renderables processing and scene graph query threads - these are higher level rendering processing tasks : the main scene, rear view mirror and env-map rendering all need to ask these systems to find and construct the objects that are visible from their individual camera's, for the next frame in parallel.

Physics Async Thread - the high frequency physics simulation runs here.

Controller Thread - input handling and a few other game systems.

Driver Animations Thread - self explanatory

AI Animations Thread - crowd characters around the track are animated here.

FMOD Threads - One DSP/Mixer thread, Two controller threads.

Async File Thread - any file stuff like requests go through this, to ensure any disk IO doesn't impact the game (redirected FMOD audio etc.)

Async Resource Thread - handles decompression. This is mostly used during loading, to allow the decompression to happen for free and reduce load-times

Network threads - 6, but these aren't high cost (<2%)

5 other threads, mostly win32 subsystems (1-3%)

18. emka

emka Guest

How do I turn off async ?

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Drivers are working really good on my system... as usual. :D

20. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Old habit of using the mouse's default dpi step as that was the most accurate. Deathadder default has been 1800 since the 2013. Deathadder Elite default is also 1800, which works great on the desktop, and so, if possible, I always adjust in-game sens as low as possible (except with UE3 engine games), because I'm lazy. However, with the Elite all steps are "native"... so 1600 is just as clean as 1800, or 800, or 400.