[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Anyone else having problem with the store / updating the apps?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Read a few people with the same problem today, even with the latest insiders build

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yea i check reddit, and there is a problem indeed.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Release preview ring users got to test the new Microsoft Store redesigned app but it seems it's not entirely compatible with some of the other software yet (And the settings appear to have reset when I did a quick check in it.) so that's probably causing some issues, weird to release something like that on a Friday but I guess it's weird to use the preview ring and not the fast ring too since that's where these larger changes should be tested first before hitting slow ring and then release preview.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    October 10, 2017—KB4041676 (OS Build 15063.674)
    This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue where some UWP and Centennial apps show a gray icon and display the error message "This app can't open" on launch.
    • Addressed reliability issue that causes the AppReadiness service to stop working.
    • Addressed issue where applications that use the Silverlight map stack stop working.
    • Addressed issue where VSync prevents devices from entering Panel Self Refresh mode, which can lead to reduced battery life.
    • Addressed issue where user customizations (like pinned tiles) made to an enforced partial Start layout are lost when upgrading to Windows 10 1703.
    • Addressed issue where the Universal CRT caused the linker (link.exe) to stop working for large projects.
    • Addressed issue that prevents Windows Error Reporting from saving error reports in a temporary folder that is recreated with incorrect permissions. Instead, the temporary folder is inadvertently deleted.
    • Addressed issue where the MSMQ performance counter (MSMQ Queue) may not populate queue instances when the server hosts a clustered MSMQ role.
    • Addressed issue with the token broker where it was leaking a token that caused sessions to remain allocated after logoff.
    • Addressed issue where Personal Identity Verification (PIV) smart card PINs are not cached on a per-application basis. This caused users to see the PIN prompt multiple times in a short time period; normally, the PIN prompt only displays once.
    • Addressed issue where using the Cipher.exe /u tool to update Data Recovery Agent (DRA) encryption keys fails unless user certification encryption already exists on the machine.
    • Addressed issue where using AppLocker to block a Modern app fails. This issue occurs only with Modern apps that come pre-installed with Windows.
    • Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with the docking and undocking of Internet Explorer windows.
    • Addressed issue caused by a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue where a Vendor API deleted data unexpectedly.
    • Addressed issue where using the Robocopy utility to copy a SharePoint document library, which is mounted as a drive letter, fails to copy files. However, in this scenario, Robocopy will copy folders successfully.
    • Addressed issue where MDM USB restrictions did not disable the USB port as expected.
    • Addressed issue where creating an iSCSI session on a new OS installation may result in the "Initiator instance does not exist" error when attempting to connect to a target.
    • Addressed issue where connecting to RDS applications published using Azure App Proxy fails. The error message is, “Your computer can’t connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway server. Contact your network administrator for assistance”. The error can occur when the RDP cookie size limit is exceeded. This update increased the size of the RDP cookie limit.
    • Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.

• Addressed issue that affects the download of some games from the Microsoft Store during the pre-order phase. Download fails with the error code 0x80070005, and the device attempts to restart the download from the beginning.

• Addressed issue where the ServerSecurityDescriptor registry value does not migrate when you upgrade to Windows 10 1703. As a result, users might not be able to add a printer using the Citrix Print Manager service. Additionally, they might not be able to print to a client redirected printer, a Citrix universal print driver, or a network printer driver using the Citrix universal print driver.

• Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Device Guard, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Windows Subsystem for Linux, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.

How to get this update
    This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

6. VisitorX

VisitorX Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    after new update Win10 installed from alone a device driver with unknown name and i couldn´t abort the installation even ...:/ what is this ? how i can find out what windows installed ? or is it maybe a virus ?

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Windows isn't generally in the habit of installing viruses without any user interaction to download and execute them first

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You can view in reliability report - execute "perfmon /rel".
    And you can go to Event viewer and check there.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This joke is the funny joke because it's funny.

haha..

xD

HK-1, lucidus and Extraordinary like this.
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ah you beat me to it :p I guess that's why he said "generally" :D

11. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    Help
    KB4041676 did screw my network ( runing 2 pc Windows 10 pro ) after last update i can't access the ohter pc over network.
    Try to make new homegrp Not working. Just get a error sayning it can connect, even that it see the grp from the ohter pc.
    Try to un share folders then re share Not working
    Try to set smart share off, then set folder shares manual. Not working

What hell happen to my network shares ?? totaly blank on what to try next atm
    Ps. both pc are on cabel 1Gbit
    Thanks for any input's / idea's :)

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you tried to rollback the KB?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  13. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    Yes did not work.
    looks like i have to re install windows to get it to behave :(

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    WU keep trying "install"
    KB4023057

Which has been "installed" 4 time at this point, I have also hidden this update multiple times and sooner or later it keeps coming back

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yup, I got 4 installed and 2 failed.
    Today you should see new CU
    KB4077528
    https://winaero.com/blog/windows-10-build-15063-936-kb4077528/

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I got that on 2-27-2018

At this point i be more intrested in new microcodes that I know are released from cpu, who know when asrock will release bios update with them for my board, and i not really into doing bios update either. I only ever did then when first got my MB and then only after if I was trying to fix issue like say ram not working correctly

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I like how WU leave notification in my AC say i need updates click here and when I go to click and brings up the WU page is show everything is update to date, every build has done at some point or another i am assume 1709 build does it too?

I know CU 3-8-2018 was released and that wuhideshow program will SEE that if i click on hide updates in the list, but I never hide it nor has WU told me it need updates and shown me it. and last time WU said need updates and when clicked it and show nothing CU 2-28-2018 was released so seem this happens on day update is initial released.

maybe it does this cause the UPDATE is out but it wasn't pushed to my system just yet? and WU see it as it out but cause it wasn't pushed to my system it hidden from MS side? but as far as i knew CU are not put pushed to systems at random? are then not pushed to all system's at once?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  18. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ^^
    Hi you already try one application named WUMT who know you find some update for your OS

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    This is what shows up today for me in 1703
    2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4092077)

On the notifications, I disable them except for defender

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nope just using wushowhide that was released by MS,

Every time I get a notification about there is update and i click on it and it show nothing, it usual on the day CU is released, and winshowhide app, has that cu that was just released in the hidden few days later i get notification again and it listed in WU window.