GeForce 387.92 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Haven't tested any games, but the usual stuff is working fine with these drivers. i.e:Browsing, running and using different applications.

2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    No problem here. HWM clocks show/respond accordingly.

3. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    And Fast Sync in SLI is still a stuttery mess in most games, even at frame rates far exceeding refresh rate. What exactly was the point of exposing it in Nvidia Control Panel if they didn't bother to actually make it useable in SLI? Should've just kept it hidden and accessible only in Inspector by power users as before, just like their other not-ready-for-primetime feature, the driver FPS limiter.

4. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF

5. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    So what is exactly the purpose of it? I remember a while back it was sort of decent and it was available in the options... in some games that I was getting like double the framerate, it worked great, in others it was a stuttery mess. Did they literally just lock it away for a while and now is back with no improvements?

What games did you test? I have 2x1080s btw.

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yeah, with older drivers the game does run very well for me and my friend. I just stayed on 382.53 until we finished the story, then we did a ton of horde and we don't play it much now other than 2xXP events. I don't know where the issue is, but you would figure between MS, Nvidia and The Coalition that someone could figure it out.

I don't exactly feel betrayed, but I have seen how dual booting with Win 10/Win 7 can be a huge boon for certain games. I'm hoping to get another SSD soon to have an SSD dedicated to each OS, then I can play any game on the place it plays best.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    My friend who has a GTX 1060 can't launch World of Warcraft with this driver and had to revert back to 385.69?

8. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    I use an ICC profile so i think i need to stick with the default setting as @khanmein suggested?!

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This depends on what ICC profile that is but generally it doesn't matter much.

ivymike10mt likes this.
  10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    maybe if all you care about are benchmarks and have a 5ghz processor, I bet it´s draw call performance impeding me to watch project cars 2 replays comfortably now that they switched to 3d trees on tracks.

11. VisitorX

VisitorX Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    im installed this new driver now and it runs perfect also with wow but i have a GTX1080 so i dont know what error u friend has with this driver...any error message maybe ?

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm about 99% sure that it's not.

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  14. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Of course it´s that, replay cameras dramatically increase the drawing of more elements on screen.

RzrTrek likes this.
  15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    WD2 is playing real nice with adaptive vsync...half was giving me judders in some areas.

16. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    AC Unity and the Hitman Absolution/2016 benchmarks do.

Pretty much. I tried CS:GO, TF2, L4D2, OW, BF4, CoD4, and Doom '16, still get microstutter--as if game is running at much lower frame rates--even at 300 FPS (200 in Doom) on a 1080p 144Hz display and 980 Ti SLI. I think Fast Sync is only completely smooth at FPS = 5x refresh rate, but I'm not lowering myself to 60Hz, that's nonsense. SLI is probably amplifying the Fast Sync microstutter since mGPU frame pacing is less smooth than single GPU to begin with.

17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Dang, I'll have to check it out haven't tested it yet with my 1080ti SLI, except with Natural Selection 2 last night and it was smooth (but then it was smooth before Fast Sync too).

On another note -- I also started recently using RTSS with its framelimiter based on an awesome post in these forums (and setting cap to 0.007 less than maximum refresh), but if using RTSS then by description that sounds like Fast Sync won't do anything, as it only kicks in above the v-syned refresh of the monitor?

18. jiminycricket

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Uh as far as I know, that -0.007 FPS cap is for low lag V-Sync, so if you're using Fast Sync you shouldn't be capping FPS. Fast Sync is still active below refresh rate I think (unless you have G-Sync which I don't) because I see no tearing, but again that stutter. And I think it might be repeating frames otherwise I don't see how it can be tear-free below the refresh rate.

19. maceh

maceh Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X OC
    In addition, in my case with a gigabyte gtx 1080 g1 gaming the energy consumption has gone from 6% in idle to 8% raising 2 or 3 degrees the temperature.

20. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    So far it's looking like these are keepers and a nice replacement to 385.28. BF1 performance is as really good (too bad servers are such crap). pubg performance is... relatively speaking... pretty good. Little boost in Valley, higher min and max. Clocks working as they should. So far no Firefox blackscreens.

I did notice that they're a little slipperier... for lack of a better term. In order to maintain the exact sensitivity of 385.28 for BF1 I had to reduce the mouse dpi from 1800 to 1600.