MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Just one post above I declared that 4.4.0 development cycle is finished, no new “let’s add something more” is accepted for this version.

RzrTrek likes this.
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    could someone try Middle Earth: Shadow of war and test RTTS OSD ?

it doesn't work for me with this game

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Tried with a delayed injection? Ensuring there's no third party software or even the Steam overlay? Game is still downloading so it'll be about an hour before I can actually try the game myself but it should be using DirectX 11 though there's some support files for Ansel and some other thing I can't quite identify in the game folder so perhaps that interferes a bit too for Nvidia GPU users?

If it's Gameworks related perhaps the usual works though.

[RendererDirect3D10]
    Enable = 0

In a profile for the games exe file. Come to think of it though the game is using a new version of Denuvo for DRM but I don't know if they actively block other injectors or similar software either from DRM or from some in-game protection method.
    (Probably just Cheat-Engine via signature if anything though.)

Only been released a few hours though, perhaps other users have some info whether here or forums such as Steam. :)

And I guess you already tried with the latest version of Afterburner and Rivatuner too.

EDIT: Well I can see what happens on my end whenever the game does finish downloading, though I guess game specific compatibility isn't directly part of AB 4.4.0 and RTSS 7.0.0 testing as to not spin this topic a bit too off-track or how to say.

Well hopefully the game itself isn't being difficult and it's something else interfering.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i didn't try the delayed injection

tried custom D3D support and stealth mode , didn't do anything

edit : turned off steam overlay and still nothing , MSI AB can snap screenshots though

5. Unwinder

I'll purchase it it and see what's going on a few hours later.

6. Unwinder

Small puzzle, I'd like to see if someone really understand RTSS 7.0.0 text formatting tags usage that deep. How do I achieve such text formatting? It can be done via OSD layout editor in public beta 19 or on earlier versions as well:

q3.png

7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    So far the only way I can get it to work is to use Vector 2D in RTSS. Nothing else will work right now. Not sure if it has anything to do with RTSS or Denuvo or just the engine they are using.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it didn't work for me

9. Unwinder

I've analyzed beta 19 feedback in different forums and as I expected, low-level ability to undervolt Vega in all P-states (which is not achievable via ADL API and ADL-based tools) seem to be the most important feature for many Vega owners. So I decided to increase current downvoltage limit from current -100mV to -200mV for Vega in the next version.

dr_rus and LocoDiceGR like this.
  10. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Anyone testing Vega been able to overvolt past 1.2v? (Really just trying to push to 1.3v)

I can undervolt just fine but when I try and overvolt it wont go past 1.2v, which is strange because even when I set 1.25v in wattman, afterburner will still only report 1.2v. If however I max out the voltage slider to +100mv, the card instant crashes resulting in a system crash.

I am on the AIO bios, so I may flash back to the air bios to see if anything changes, however, is someone else is have issues going past 1.2v, I may not have to lol.

Also strange is that if I set 1.2v in wattman, afterburner will read 1.15v.

11. Unwinder

You're confusing target VID and real output voltage read back from voltage controller, which are NEVER the same due to load line calibration and similar things. Also, 1.2V is default limit for ADL, you won't be able to specify higher VIDs in Wattman or any tools using Wattman's (ADL) API.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    On the AIO bios wattman lets you go up to 1.25v but I get it, target voltage =/= output voltage.
    [​IMG]

Also trying to mimic your RTSS OSD output, no clue how you got things positioned horizontally lmao. I figured I would add items to group separators and format them there but maybe not or maybe I am just doing it wrong lol.

13. Unwinder

Got Shadow of War purchased, downloaded and installed and nailed it down. The problem is that it is the first D3D11 engine, which is using Direct3D 12.1 feature level. My OSD renderer fail to compile shaders in such case and cannot display OSD. I've already patched it, it will be addressed in new RTSS beta.

dr_rus and kx11 like this.
  14. Unwinder

It's hot, you're close :)

15. Vulkan

Vulkan Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Mini GTX 1070
    With this Menu?
    [​IMG]

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice!

17. Unwinder

Yup. With built-in layout editor as I said.

18. Unwinder

19. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    God I'm trying so hard but I just don't get it. I can't figure out how to most of the stuff I want to do. Like have the name of the graph with it's current value on the left of the graph (same line) without the graph lines going over the letters. I can usually figure out how to use anything but jeez there is no way to figure out how to do that even with trial and error. It's so intuitive. (Sorry, for the complaint, but I really have to say that).

Got a guide or something to get me further along with the modern layout?

I want to try out the combo mode for some things and see if I can make nice color coded layout that I like more than the custom classic one I've been using for the past few years.

Also, can you slow down the graph speed at all? I used to just tab out and examine the pop out graph to see cpu and gpu usage, etc to assess performance and look for bottlenecks but if I could wrap my head around this modern layout mode and set it up to see that real time that would be pretty sweet.

20. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I also had to raise the application detection level to medium. Doesn't seem to matter now since Unwinder has just updated for this game, as seen below. I'm off to test the new RTSS beta!

Thank you. Much appreciated.