Review: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P PC case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We have a new HAF in da house. Join us as we review the Cooler Master MasterCase H500P. The PC case has been redesigned for the year 2017 and that includes usage of a tempered glass side-panel as well...

Review: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P PC case

Singleton99 likes this.
  2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I pre ordered this case a week ago. No better case design for high air flow, in my opinion. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Excellent review Hilbert! Of all the other reviews I've seen and read, Guru is the only one that pointed out there is no fan controller. Not a deal breaker, but it is a disappointment.

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This is the kind of case I'd choose for my next build, which would be airflow orientated as I would want lowest temps possible with air cooled CPU & GPU, although I'd like it to look more minimalistic and less bling - but will be at least a couple of years (if not longer) until I build another!

4. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Nice looks case. Thanks HH. :)
    Similar to the one I have in design (Silverstone Primera PM01), but slightly better looks I think. Great movers of air!

5. zero_cool

zero_cool Guest

GPU:
    Two amd fury X
    @hh A twitter cat fight is brewing :D

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    They themselves screwed up the embargo time, not me. How easy & quickly they throw around accusations but then do not man up and apologize when they themselves where wrong with that accusation.

Singleton99 and airbud7 like this.
  7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahaha...yea^....i commented cause some people think its the same time everywhere on the planet....

8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Great review HH and im still rocking the Haf X case ,shame about RGB and fan controller and would of liked more HD space .

Would the vertical graphics card mount take a 2 and a half slot graphics card by any chance ?

As for twitter i tweeted what i a think about that too :) :)

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It would likely fit but I would not recommend it for two reasons.
    1. the fan side is too close to the glass which restricts airflow.
    2. a two and a half slot card = is heavy, you'd need proper support to compensate weight.
    But point 1 would be my main concern. Also remember, if you do go for it, you'll need to purchase a riser cable separately, as it is not included.

airbud7 and Singleton99 like this.
  10. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Thanks for cleaning that up for me and many others who maybe wanting a new case with a vertical mount such as myself :)

airbud7 likes this.

11. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Seems to be built like a tank! Looks a nice balance between rough and clean and i like it. This is the type of case i would consider if i was caking a new build.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    it actually looks good with the lights off to....that's a nice case right there^

Great review...

13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Prompted by all the talk of ***** I just read their review of this case. Looks like the promise of high air flow is really not the reality - they found CPU & GPU temperatures to be disappointingly high in comparison to other cases they have reviewed. I won't link the article, but you can find it. Just can't tell how these cases will perform until you test them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    did they have the airflow configuration right?......with all those fans its gotta be cool inside.

15. S V S

S V S Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    I have an old HAF-X case still with 6x8 TB HDDs and 2 SSDs in it. I think it is crazy a case this size would only have room for two HDDs. It is essentially the same size as the HAF-X (HAF-X is two inches taller but also has fans built into the top).

I appreciate some of the effort put into hiding wiring/components but I personally would never buy a gigantic case that can only fit two HDDs. If this case were smaller I'd have less of an issue.

16. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Yeah, Coolers (2 pieces on the front panel) are there, but what happend to Masters?
    I would not take this case, even if it was for free. "Nice looking" plastic gimmick. No front compartment for optical drives? Huge miss! It might be a technology that is slowly getting out of fashion, but hey! 80% of PC users have like hundreds of millions of CDs, DVDs, BluRay discs, with billions of games, installations, music and video/movie stuff on them. It's no master anymore - it's just a cooler(s) now. Cooler should have thought twice before they made such omission if they want to deserve the other half of their name (Master)...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    2 front, 1 rear, GPU vertical vs GPU horizontal(normal config). I think they used 100% case fan speed, less sure on this last point, but they did mention it somewhere in the article.

18. etmb69

etmb69 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 TI
    The case looks good. I was really tempted to get it to replace my CM 900III ( a great case btw) . The reason for looking for a replacement case is due to the fact that my cat love to sit on top the case blocking the airflow of my water cooling system. So this case would have been really good for me, my nerves and the cat, but the fact that the top cover seems to not close properly and easily slides open is a real deterrent for me. (And yes, only two hdd slot and no front compartment for ODD is not the best but I could have dealt with it but come on CM, make your case cat proof please but allowing the top cover to be closed with at thumb screw please)

19. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Please tell me what this about? I don't Tweet but it would be great to be in the loop............

20. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    The other reviews seem to be happy with the case and I don't know how temps would be disappointing with two huge fans out front unless the config was weird?