RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Conversation started :D

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    When Vegas become sane and populous, I'll be getting one for this Samsung UE510 Freesync. 2160p @ 60Hz works surprisingly well on my 390, being able to keep it in FreeSync range. Just that some games could use some more horsepower.

ivan and OnnA like this.
  3. ivan

ivan Guest

Not to get back to PSU measuring contest o_O lol, but since i started to try and find a solution for my RX Vega issue, which is now resolved, it has been pointed out to me on several forums by more then a few that Corsair PSUs are not as reliable as for instance EVGA or SeaSonic and so on. Actually a lot sheared that they ditched their Corsair PSU due to inconsistent power delivery related issues.

4. ivan

ivan Guest

what about 3440 x 1440 Ultra wude UHD monitors like Acer XR342CK 34" Ultra-Wide UHD IPS Adaptive Sync Gaming Monitor, or a $389.99 LG 34UM69G-B 34 Class 219 UltraWide Full HD IPS FreeSync Gaming Monitor with 2560x1080 resolution? I was messing around with Eyefinity and tried it on my 2 1920x1200 monitors so got a 3840x1200 in Eyfinity configuration and Rise of the Tomb Raider looked more exiting ( due to such a wide resolution )then it does on my 55 UHD Samsung TV @2160p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Vega will get better & better :p due to Fine utilise H/W Sheduler + New API (or 11.2/11.3 MT) & ACE aka async compute !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    ivan likes this.
  6. ivan

ivan Guest

Yea.... definitely, once it gets better game optimization for all of it's hardware goodies that aren't really being utilized as well as they should as especially FP16 (which sounds very promising) from game developers, then RX Vega cards are only going to get faster and more competitive with Nvidia. Now if we can just get some stable or should i say FULLY FUNCTIONING DRIVERS from Amd that work as they were intended to. Only then maybe all the Nvidia fanboys will stop talking all the space heater stuff (which really don't get that hot at all once under-volted, mine doesn't get above 74C @ 100% constant utilization whether running NiceHash Miner or playing games). But i do have to admit that i am EXTREMELY happy with the GTX 1060 3GB in my MSI laptop which surprisingly powerful for Mobile Graphics that are at Desktop level performance (wish AMD would release something competitive enough for laptops).
    Actually a lot of them are already sour about Forza 7 benchmark results floating around, and are getting all bent out of shape about them :p..... lol
    The BioShock Infinity chart you have in that post is interesting OnnA, thats one of my most favorite games and with my Vega 64 UV OC I get unsurprisingly solid frame-rate that doesn't drop below 60FPS running everything on ULTRA and HIGHEST settings, except Anti-Aliasing. I ALWAYS turn my Anti-Aliasing off in 4K/2160p game-play, because at that high of resolution I really cant tell the difference with it being ON other then lower frame-rate. In 4K gaming I think Anti-Aliasing is completely redundant and unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
  7. ivan

ivan Guest

My Current Setup with Eyefinity:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Please put spoiler ! [spoiler ] no space at end
    And don't refer to nV fanboys -> I want to have clean Thread :D with good vibrations
    If you can correct this.

9. ivan

ivan Guest

My B..:oops:

Done.

OnnA likes this.
  10. ivan

ivan Guest

My Unigine 2 Superposition Benchmark VR-Maximum Score with 1080-1100mV under-volt & 1552-1682MHz OC + 1050MHz HMB2 OC
    72C Max temp
    [​IMG]

OnnA likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Vega Soft Power Table Editor v0.1

Vega 64 Soft Power Table Editor - Windows Release
    • by Halsafar
    Notes
    You can change any value to anything within range of the data type.
    If you are not careful you can probably destroy your expensive GPU.
    If you are unsure how to use this then stop here.

Release Notes
    • Initial Release
    • Supports loading existing dumped windows registry file
    • Auto generates UI
    • Supports modifications to PowerTune Table, Fan table, Gfx Clock, Mem Clock, Gfx VDD and Mem VDD
    • Save back out the registry file
    -> https://github.com/halsafar/Vega64SoftPowerTableEditor/releases/tag/v0.1

leszy, ivan and user1 like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    ivan and Maddness like this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ivan likes this.
  14. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    17.9.3 driver working great over here. I was able to get around 1770/1100 but with 1230mv on previous drivers. I can now run 1800mhz at 1200mv which gives me some voltage headroom and the card seems to hit around the 1790mhz to 1800mhz more regular. It is a ref blower in a custom loop with a LC bios flashed to it, is one of the day 1 cards for reference.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Maddness likes this.
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Those Forza 7 benchmarks on computerbase.de are being updated with Nvidias latest driver, so normality has resumed.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nvidia still behind........?

17. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    1080 is behind (except in 4K) the Ti is ahead again, though they haven't updated for the Ti numbers yet.

18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Vega 64 and the GTX 1080 are pretty much neck and neck. The results are with in the margin of error.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Kaerar likes this.
  20. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    OnnA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.