Sharkoon Announces the PureWriter Kailh Mechanical Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    50 million keystrokes is like 1 month of problem free typing ? or am I just the most unlucky mech owner ?

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Unless you are some god tier typer, it's not possible to achieve 50 million keystrokes in a month. Unless you can hit the same key 20 times per second for a month straight

4. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    The switches themselves are rated for that much use, but overall build quality of the board also plays a part. You can always develop a problem in a poor solder joint or other component.

5. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    "Kalih are rip-offs plain and simple. They are not as long term manufactured and have not the same precise manufacturing and testing that Cherry has developed. The Kalih switches are cheaper plastics and have high variable actuation points and tactile bumps and even variable force (blues switches are Plus/minus 15g and blacks are 20g!) This means a keyboard with Kailh switches will feel different with every keystroke. It makes for a wonky board."

https://is.gd/apcxa3

Seems like one more deceptive product from China.

6. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    Both of the posts you linked to are roughly three years old though, and their switches have improved in quality since then. If we're talking about Cherry clones I'd still personally choose MOD switches over Kailh, but Kailh over Gateron and others. The main issue with boards that use Kailh switches is that they're made to be budget friendly for the most part, so the build quality isn't always great, but Cherry boards can suffer the same problems despite being pricier.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I used to have quite a prejudice against Kailh switches, I believed only in Topre and Cherry. When Razer decided to go with Kailh made mechanical switches for their mechanical KB's, needless to say, I dissed their move to use 'cheap and poorly made' Kailh switches. I vowed to never get any Razer KB to add to my collection.

Then I had the chance to snag an Armaggeddon MKA-5R which had Kailh Blue switch, it was reasonably priced enough for me and I wanted a nice RGB KB to add to my collection. It's been about 17 months now and I've been using it and my recently acquired Mistel Barocco Cherry Blue on a daily basis, mostly for gaming with some typing of reports. Kailh switches, as of now, are pretty good and shouldn't be a negative/deciding factor when one is looking for a good mechanical KB.

Till now, I've not gotten any Razer KB, I guess I'm still quite prejudiced against Razer.......but am totally fine with Kailh.