Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.3 Beta/WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Sep 27, 2017.

1. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    does anybody have issue with monitor. I have "non plug and play monitor" in device manager and cannot activate neither VSR nor Night Mode feature but if run any game and use alt+enter to get full screen my monitor becomes "Plug and Play" and everything works fine untill reboot or shutdown. I tried 17.7.2 and latest drivers.Cannot understand -or monitor getting die(it is old enough) or drivers.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I tried running the CCCSlim included with this version, and it informs me that there are no settings in CCC that cannot be adjusted in Radeon Settings. lol Older versions of CCCSlim still run, but are now missing more tabs.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have CCC from 15.11 beta -> and it is still working
    (even the Freesync Tab ;) )

Tip
    Im using CCC for Gamma Tweaks e.g. 1.100 with -6 Brightness and +1 contrast etc.
    Great for Games i Play, many games don't have extensive Gamma tweaks.
    One that have it is FarCry 4 :D

5. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    The UVD bug is still present for GCN 1.0 GPUs. :(

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Its time to accept and move on from tha bug.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Just Flash that dammm thing :D -> All problems solved then.
    Remember to pick some better tMOD BIOS for the GPU
    -> http://www.overclock.net/f/67/amd-ati

Krteq likes this.
  8. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    WHEN ALREADY WILL AMD CORRECT UVD BUG GCN 1.0?

9. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
  10. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    A forum. You have to flash forum.

Romulus_ut3 likes this.

11. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    <3

Btw, flashing is the worst solution to this problem, I prefer a driver restart. What does it take to solve this problem for the driver team? 15minutes? 20?

Romulus_ut3 and OnnA like this.
  12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    In regards to this UVD clocking issue:

It's not a driver problem. It's a firmware problem. To initiate a fix for this problem, each card maker would have to ask AMD to recompile a new firmware to address the issue for each card affected. AMD will ONLY do this upon request from the card maker they have a contract with.

This is why some GCN cards have the problem, and others do not.

Jackalito, OnnA and iakoboss7 like this.
  13. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
  14. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    amd driver 16.7.2 has no uvd bug

geko95gek likes this.
  15. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Still it's easy to implement a workaround for specific GPU. Tahiti clock scaling is not that complicated, just read the BIOS for voltage, timings and clock and handle everything via software. Even a "reset power state" button would be useful.

Rambo likes this.

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thanks for the updated WHQL signed driver, but I'm already running on the beta and will wait for 17.10 before updating again and maybe this time AMD will get it right.

17. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I'm just thinking: UVD clocking issue didn't exist before 16.7.2(?), so isn't there any way to implement a workaround? What was changed in those days and why couldn't they prepare special drivers without that change? It seems like bad will for me.

18. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Of course it's possible. Even open radeon drivers can handle frequencies properly. And in linux you can even force tahiti to work at 300/150 with video content, while in windows clocks are raised just by playing a video in fullscreen.

19. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
  20. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Can you please provide the evidences that makes you even think it's a firmware problem? Without any evidences this is the same bullshit that AMD said for close to 1 year when we had happy texture corruption in dx9 games with GCN (until 13.2 beta): it's a game engine bug (most dx9 games had issues with GCN cards, but no issues with older AMD/ATI gpu or NVIDIA gpu so yes... obvious game engine bug).
    Yes I want to see the evidences not the words of someone working at AMD PR department, because all the answers from AMD come from their PR department... (and from the PR department we also had the "hardware" scaler that was needed for VSR, I almost forgot about it...). They lied so much that without real evidences I will just assume it's just another AMD lie.

Don't get me wrong but the fact that up to 16.7.2 such problem didn't existed suggest more that the newer drivers are not handling the firmware properly and not an issue with the firmware.

Let's say it is a problem with the firmware (i personaly believe that they rewrote something regarding the way the driver handles the powerplay and they messed up badly when they rewrote that section in the drivers). That problem can be detected at driver level (some checks) and a driver workaround can be applied if the problem is found (not the first time AMD refuses to go this way, HD 5xxx staying at uvd clocks if u are watching something that used uvd clocks and playing a game is just another example).

In the end what is AMD expecting to get from this?
    Let's look at the problem. AMD user has a problem with the AMD gpu. Fails to find a solution. AMD suggest to either contact the manufacturer for a new bios and the manufacturer say no new bios is available or to upgrade to a new gpu, why would he/she pick an AMD gpu again (unhappy customer usually buy next time from the other side not from u)?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017