Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.3 Beta/WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I cann't find the editing button anymore on my profile.
    I have 2 Vega's for testing, if I like them, I'll stay with vega as I expect a lot of grow in time.

Yes it's a fresh install of the driver on a fresh W10 64 install. Win7 does work in CF, but I only uese that for Skyrim enb (because of the dx9 vram limit, long story)

I have an idea it haso do with eyefinity as mu screen is treated like two on mst. It has been troubling before.

2. soky999

soky999 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
    we dont have this problems, maybe just dont install AMD drivers on nVidia cards...it will be better...

La Parca, Keitosha, Krteq and 2 others like this.
  3. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    <nvidia FANBOY comes to amd forum, says he "doesn't care for FANBOYS like you people">

<goes on to brag about his "intelligence"...or lack thereof>

hilarity ensues

La Parca, Krteq and big ROBOT bill like this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Please Reinstall:
    DirectX & VCRedist 2005 up to 2015
    -> https://mega.nz/#F!AN81UKJT!cbQoPD97KrQzXmjA4eTp8A
    And Gamers Stuff you need:
    -> https://mega.nz/#F!8J12QTQJ!k1klZMJrQYFmKbNKL2Xktw

Better to have all in one Place :p (I've updated K-lite Mega recently)

Then try again with no DDU, but instead reinstall 17.8.2 WHQL then 17.9.1 and then Upgrade to 17.9.3
    Should be fine after that, and you can be sure that all Settings/Games Profiles etc. are migrating to new Driver.
    Note-> Sometimes when new Branch appear you need to delete in Safe Mode this Place:
    c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache\
    c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\AMD\GLCache\

With ATI try to Upgrade Drivers not Clean Install nor DDU :D

Skinner likes this.

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Will look at it Onna, but most necessary things should be installed already, but thanks very much.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  6. uberpwnzorz

uberpwnzorz Guest

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Still periodically getting "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." With XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid.
    This is after DDU and fresh install with reboots.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  7. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    For those who are openly bashing Warlord, how many of you are using Windows 10 RS4 builds? He precisely described what his issues are and under what circumstances they occur. He also pointed out that the drivers aren't WDDM 2.3, which I "assume" is a RS4 build only feature. His choice of words might not be the best, something I myself have objected and have argued with him in the past, but looking around Reddit, his issues seem legit.

It's "Agonizing" to see how some of the die hard AMD fans jump to the defense of their beloved brand whenever someone shares their negative experiences with the drivers, but are quick to discard the fact that the issues could be legit. (Given time, the issues do prove their existence, which AMD either ignores or silently fixes 6 or 7 months later.)

When OnnA repeatedly reported the random artifact and other issues such as long loading times with Forza Hortizon 3, the biggest loud mouth AMD fanboy (who's also present in this very thread) shot him down in every thread, till reviewers like DigitalFoundry themselves demonstrated the issue in videos and only then, AMD fixed it.

There's a reason AMD has such a tiny share in the GPU market and has to face losses every calendar year. You'll only hear tales of how SLI setups went wrong and AMDYogarestored peace in the minds of such disturbed individuals and helped them find the balance of their Chakra and how that makes nvidia a failure as a company when numbers are saying otherwise.

It also comes across as hypocritical to bash anyone who reports UVD bug feature saying "Ye owneth an ancienth AYEHMDEE cardz, thou not supporteth them, therefore ye shan't receive/deserve supporth" but will use GTX 600/700 series of nvidia cards as an example of allegged gimping, which actually has drivers that'll switch between power states properly, a feature people take for granted.

I hate to repeat myself, but I'll say this again, each and every PC is unique, and it's combination of Software/hardware can sometimes produce results that are unexpected. An issue that occurs for someone may not manifest at your end on the very same GPU, doesn't mean the issue isn't legit. Stop bashing everyone that reports a negative experience in this forum.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Keitosha, Kaerar, AlleyViper and 5 others like this.
  8. deadinhollywood

deadinhollywood Guest

GPU:
    Aorus RX580XTR 8GB
    Bashing someone (AMD) when using beta (Microsoft insider) software - stupid.

Rest is right.

Krteq likes this.
  9. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    good to hear...I wont bother with updating to this driver then...For me anything past 17.7.2 (frack you AMD) Im guessing have some kind of very serious wattman bug cause everything just crashes pretty soon when playing. Maybe they get it right with the 18 series release for fucks sake. I might try it one day with never opening watman.....idk maybe that would help?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Full driver cleaning and making sure you never open the Wattman panel should enforce the GPU defaults following mainly the bios definitions which you could then tweak yourself with a compatible editor software, as the Vega has two slots as long as you back up the defaults (And ideally never flash one of the bios slots at all so there's a backup available at all times.) the risk should be minimal. :)

This was popular with the Fury and some other GPU models too due to Wattman being a bit inaccurate with the values you set and the values that are then reported as being used and how the GPU controls in-game during various load levels.

Each and every GPU die is different though so how much you should over or under volt and how much you can extend clock speeds or even having to lower clock speeds to attain full stability will vary so it's usually down to a lot of lengthy tests for various games and benchmarks to ensure near 100% stability at all times.

Doesn't help if Wattman mucks things up, Afterburner also doesn't support Vega just yet but a upcoming version should so that will give at least one software method of enhancing the GPU and calibrating clock speeds and power levels.
    (User should take care though, having a unstable OC being applied could be problematic so yet more testing, though I suppose that's pretty basic when overclocking or even when underclocking.)
    (Afterburner itself should be fine just to mention that, applying a not 100% stable OC as the PC is booted up however could be problematic and that's where the risk is thus the whole thing on testing for stability before finalizing any profile settings.)

Stability can also be affected by the driver itself and whatever AMD is controlling from that even without Wattman active, anything from game compatibility to GPU fixes such as the black-screen issue with the 290 series or the display corruption with Fury both of which unfortunately took months to fully resolve via drivers.

LocoDiceGR likes this.

11. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    The asshole's should make certain options with new drivers like (skipping any Wattman changes) and i can go back to always using the weekly/monthy new driver revisions. My card is less than 6 moths old and already there procreating me with drivers. I could understand if it were 5 year old cards.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Note:
    After 17.9.2 and in 17.9.3, DX12 in DeusEx MkD working again ! (With ZEN)

Note 2:

I've observed BIG boost in FPS in all Games i Play:
    R6:Siege +5FPS on Average
    SW BF +8FPS on Average
    FH3 +12FPS on Average (With Textures on High now, shadows High from Medium, rest on High/Ultra + 2xMSAA with FXAA High)
    And list goes on !

Note 3:

Best driver for Benchmarks

:D Great Driver for my RIG (i think is The Best one! to date)

Romulus_ut3 and LocoDiceGR like this.
  13. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Warlord does have a lot of legitimate points, agreed, but its rude to bash a bunch of people who are just problem solving their hardware. I'm by no means a die hard amd fan (nvidia is superior in most ways lets be honest) I was just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy.

14. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Well... yep. For the first time I agree there is a boost for FH3. Performance is back on par with 16.12.2 driver, it only took 10 months to get it back. But I already noticed performance going up and down between runs, maybe that is just a game thing. But once it's up, it stays there. Fury is still running below competition in this game though.

15. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    I'm not able to make Radeon Settings keep settings for specific games. I usually set tessellation off for PUBG, but when I reboot my system, the setting is back to AMD optimized.
    Is there a workaround for this? Maybe making profiles readonly? But idk where they are stored.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017

16. Yezirael

Yezirael Guest

AMD seems to empoy seriously highly experienced developers for their End-User UI & Tool Programming team :(

The problem with profiles not being saved seem to exists for years by now..
    Also wattman has issues with resetting itself to default settings randomly.

Stuff that could be easily fixed seems to have no prioroty to them - if it's a lack of personell, they should opensource the userspace / configuration tools; those components are no rocket-sience or any company secret - so the community would be able to fix their issues.

~ So if you figure out how to solve this issue message me :D

17. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470
    17.9.3 update,now its whql .

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Like i said :D
    The Pre-WHQL was Great !

19. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    657MB!? The beta was like 362MB, almost double the size for that signature :eek:

Edit: Yeah, it has ccc2. Funny how after installing and starting the old CCC manually it says there are no settings it can configure. :(

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Probably ended up having CCC2.exe in there again, that's like some 200 MB of something that I don't think is ever actually installed.
    It's the previous version of the control center, some driver versions have it and others exclude it and I don't really know why, CNext and the still-for-some-reason-included Catalyst Legacy aren't part of that so it probably just got bundled in again.

EDIT:
    C:\AMD\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\*This folder name varies for each driver*\

Something like that for location, depending on where you unpacked the exe to get the actual installer files and such. :)
    (Also varies a bit per driver if there's some 150 files or 160 files total, not too sure what the excess files do either besides CCC2.exe but they might be media related.)

EDIT:
    Seems to be something like that, and some other bits and bobs. :p

Under the "Packages" folder for included software we now have those "AppProfiles" again making a return, RAIDXpert2 is a new one entirely in two variants which I guess are motherboard dependent (AMD and Intel?) and for the driver folder we have some AMDPSP folder in two varieties too now.

Though yeah ccc2_install.exe is also in there though it was only 130 MB and not some 200 so I war wrong about it's size initially.

EDIT:
    The PSP driver seems to be PCI related to something about cryptography going by the readme.txt and releasenotes.txt files in it's folder, something from the usually stand-alone chipset drivers perhaps?

EDIT:
    And in addition to the HDMI GPU audio driver there's also a I2S audio driver.

OnnA and LocoDiceGR like this.