Nioh: Complete Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 2, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes its coming to PC !!!! Available 7th of november so in a month!!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/485510/Nioh_Complete_Edition___Complete_Edition/

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nioh-complete-edition-is-coming-to-the-pc.html

About This Game
    Ready to die? Experience the newest brutal action game from Team NINJA and Koei Tecmo Games. In the age of samurai, a lone traveler lands on the shores of Japan. He must fight his way through the vicious warriors and supernatural Yokai that infest the land in order to find that which he seeks.

The Complete Edition contains the full game, as well as the three expansions with additional story chapters: Dragon of the North, Defiant Honor, and Bloodshed's End.

Dragon of the North
    This expansion opens up the Tohoku region, where the "one-eyed dragon" Date Masamune is secretly gathering spirit stones.

Defiant Honor
    Fight your way through the Siege of Osaka's winter campaign as you follow the story of one of Japan's greatest generals from the Warring States period, the brave Sanada Yukimura.

Bloodshed's End
    Join the summer campaign of the Siege of Osaka as the Warring States period draws to a close in this, the final chapter of William's tale.

Steam Exclusive Bonus
    Enjoy wearing the "Dharmachakra Kabuto," a helmet exclusive to the Steam version of Nioh! You can claim yours by selecting "Boons" from a shrine.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
      • OS: Windows® 10 64bit, Windows® 8.1 64bit, Windows® 7 64bit
      • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 3550 or over
      • Memory: 6 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 VRAM 3GB or over AMD Radeon™ R9 280 VRAM 3GB or over
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 100 GB available space
      • Sound Card: 16 bit stereo, 48KHz WAVE file can be played

• Recommended:
      • OS: Windows® 10 64bit, Windows® 8.1 64bit, Windows® 7 64bit
      • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4770K or over
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 VRAM 6GB or over AMD Radeon™ R9 380X VRAM 4GB or over
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 100 GB available space
      • Sound Card: 16 bit stereo, 48KHz WAVE file can be played

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Havel, AsiJu and lucidus like this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yay steam release!

3. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Those min requirements dont exactly make me feel confident about this port.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I expect a lot of complaining , bad textures, 60fps lock , bad mouse and keyboard support. :p

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh hell yeah! Heard a lot of people recommend this! Must-buy!

Edit: wait wha? 100 GB HDD space required! Oh fart...

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this kind upsets me, I got the ps4 verison cause i thought it would never come to pc.. if i knew it would come to pc i would waited

um this game is ment to be played on gamepad, anyone play such game on mouse and keyboard have to be a masochistic, and locked stable 60fps is all is needed for this game

then again ports from consoles to pc seem to be bad these days

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's published by Koei Tecmo. :)

Their earlier works used assets from handheld versions of some games, reduced or cut out features entirely and had locked display resolution support. :)

Their newest ports however have slowly improved, display resolution is still locked to a few set choices but range from 1280x720 (720P) and 1920x1080 (1080P) to 3840x2160 ("4k") though optimization has been all over the place so even for less impressive (visually.) games there's been some frame drops even on higher-end systems.

For this game? This announcement is currently a bit weird.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=250671494#post250671494

There's no detailed info on how that will work but it sounds like they're almost porting the PS4 Pro (Whose version of the game launches on the same day.) functionality and 4K support directly 1:1 to PC so it's behind a 30 FPS display mode but it remains to be seen, and yes Koei Tecmo has had a poor track record for mouse and keyboard implementation as well with the keyboard almost working as a gamepad in some games although this too has improved a bit recently but it varies from game to game.
    (And Nioh is on a new game engine altogether so there's all kinds of unknowns, looking forward to hearing about the PC port quality upon release though and I'm hoping it'll turn out to be one of their better PC ports, sadly that doesn't say much.)

EDIT: Warrior's All Stars is a pretty good effort though it does use their "common" game engine seen in many other games and it's been improved with each game including numerous customizable settings and actual mouse and keyboard support though still not the greatest but it's there.

It also featured crazy high-res UI assets ranging up to 8192x4096 in resolution which is just a bit overkill. :p
    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4350/37242731056_b6e44deb44_o.jpg

That's the overworld map image, word of advice it's a 45 MB JPG.

And then Blue Reflection from their GUST studio which they acquired some years ago launched a bit later, lacking almost any settings what so ever (Though supporting any display resolution you enter manually into the config file.) and with a game breaking bug that shouldn't have been possible to avoid if the game had had any Q&A at all.
    (Corrupt asset, 100% of all owners will crash at a certain point at chapter 7 as a result unless the game is modded and said asset replaced with a similar but working one resulting in one of the creature models being replaced by a different one.)

EDIT: Still can't be worse than the PC port of Dark Souls 1 though but that game at least had a very active and involved community and is still being modded with both content additions and fixes to utilities such as DSFix.
    (Was a great game though, but I heard Nioh is pretty good as well although it's not quite comparable to Souls in gameplay even if there's similarities but it also mixes in some things of it's own from both that and other franchises too.)

But hopefully the PC port will be mostly solid, it's still Koei though so I'm waiting on user opinions and such before deciding whether to get the game or not, seems like it would be best with their current track record.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Actually anyone saying ports are bad thesedays is clearly a little out of the loop. Ports are better now than they've ever been. "Tales of" games, Final Fantasy and Legend Of Heroes series games are all good examples of great ports. Ports are better now than they ever were

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  9. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    The video trailer for Nioh on both steam and on the steam page within a browser has no sound. Wtf?

10. silapakorn

silapakorn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 SC 4GB
    You are listing examples from non-Tecmo Koei games. I just finished BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk and the port quality is horrible. Crashes, slowdowns, and fps dips all over.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    This is not the typical genre of games I'm into, but doesn't 100GB seem a lot? Is it a typo or does it come with 70GB of prerendered videos?

lucidus likes this.
  12. ballrog132

ballrog132 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 950
    Umm I finished all dark souls including dlcs with keyboard and mouse. Imagine being able to look where you want from the mouse and to aim properly the damn bows. The only thing a controller is better are fifa and racing games, but I guess if you have the right actuation on the keyboard racing games are not a problem.

Snorgrind likes this.
  13. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    This looks like it will be a beautiful game, and I don't say that about games very often. Certainly hope the depth of game play will be impressive. At the moment, I'm pretty sure it will be joining my Steam library.

14. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    This game was one of the reasons I was actually considering a PS4. I will probably still get one, however it's great this is coming to steam.

It's like Dark Souls on steroids this game

And yes, gamepad only, unless your a masochist. Dark Souls was never meant to be played with KB&Mouse and the only reason to do so would be if you couldn't afford a controller. These games are simply far more comfortable and ergonomic with a controller, end of story.

FPS games, sure; mouse and keyboard only, of course.
    Sorry Balrog but it's not even really opinion at this point. As someone who primarily plays with M&Kb I can say without any bias that DS and similar games are just better with a gamepad. And you can aim just fine with a bow with the Gamepad

Racing games/simulations: Wheel/pedals. Not gamepad. And definitely not M&kb :)

15. ballrog132

ballrog132 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 950
    So if it's your opinion it's fact? Who can't afford to pay 50 dollars for a controller these days? You play however you want but my guess is you haven't even tried to use a mouse and keyboard and you play even fps games on controllers. Why would a controller be more ergonomic? Having to move the analog to look around is super retarded compared to a mouse in my opinion and just the auto lock saves you because otherwise you would struggle to hit where you want with accuracy. But hey it's my opinion, it's not 'fact'.

Snorgrind likes this.

16. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    I tried playing Dark Soul 2 with keyboard/mouse and end up going back to my XBox 360 controller. For me it felt more nature moving the camera with the analog stick then the keyboard.

No as far as Nioh goes, it does look very good and going to get it with my cousin who loves the warring era of Japan. He will have a hard time playing though having only the i7 2600k and 8GB of memory but he does have a 1060 6GB card so might just be ok at 1080. If 6GB of memory is going to be the norm for future gaming then I'll definitely going to add another 8GB soonest.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    LOL Pc gets easy mode :D

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    dude this company is releasing a game with a 30fps mode ?

really ?

WhiteLightning likes this.
  19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes a true 1:1 port. Unless someone with programming skills makes it, there wont be any graphical enhancements from the ps4 version.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    One of the first things we noticed once the Store page went live was that the game will require 100GB of hard drive space. That’s curious since Nioh’s file size listed on the PlayStation Store is 39.3 GB – does that mean the PC version gets higher quality assets?
    In addition to the main game, we’re including the three additional DLC packages. Taking into consideration the data compression rate and allowing some buffer, we’ve currently announced 100GB. Upon release, we are aiming to have the game run using less hard drive space and will announce the details ahead of launch.

Nioh: Complete Edition will lock frame rate and resolution to the ‘Action’ and ‘Movie’ modes already seen in the console version of the game. Does that mean users won’t be able to pick their own resolution and run the game as fast as their hardware can?
    We introduced these two modes as pre-set graphical options. This means that the resolution, rendering quality and framerates are independent options that can be altered by the player.

Nioh the title will not support ultrawide resolutions.

Whilst you can play using keyboard or controller, we recommend using a controller for the best experience!

The game will not be using DENUVO.

http://wccftech.com/nioh-complete-edition-pc-isnt-locked/

AsiJu likes this.