Windows 10 RS3 Build 16299

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC
    By Dona Sarkar / Software Engineer, Windows and Devices Group
    Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16296 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead).

As we mentioned previously, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we are releasing new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build continues to include a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
    • We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
    • We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ng-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16299-pc/

BUILD 16299.15 = RTM

UUP downloader
    https://gitlab.com/uup-dump/uupdl

UUP>ISO converter
    https://racaty.com/bnog90upe4pz

Credit: MDL

--
    Official Microsoft ESDs
    Code:
    https://pastebin.com/6ga4WpAv

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Jackalito likes this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hmm will this be the one?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    They've just released 16296 to the slow ring, and MDL members are looking at certain parts of this build and thinking it might not be RTM yet

WZor saying RTM-Escrow

EDIT - Apparently the watermark & timebomb are still present too

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Why the store app updates are still broken? :eek:

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WTF I just installed 16296 :p

I'm not sure if it is applicable to this build but I get a state repository service maxing out a core and uwp apps take a long time to run - settings, calc, whatever. Edge content process still crashes on exit unless I run ngen, had this since RS1's insider builds.
    Bloody hell edge has to recover every new tab I open, no matter the website >_< I can't believe I'm posting from IE11 lol.

New (to me lol) photos app - fugly. Looks like a win3.1 amateur project.

I right click->uninstall the ad-apps like fb, twitter, candy crush but they reappear the next time I open start!

On the bright side my issues with start, night light, and shellexperiencehost from RS2 are fixed.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is night light disabled for anyone else? I can't toggle it on, it's greyed out for me.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This build also is released on the slow ring now

8. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I think it requires a driver update for the GPU to work, I know nvidia had a driver pushed via windows update to fix this.

lucidus likes this.
  9. VincentHanna

VincentHanna Guest

GPU:
    Titan X
    I need some help with this.

I'm on 16281.rs3 and Windows has been trying to update to 16288 for about 3 weeks and failing around 13%

Since then there's been 4 more builds of the non-skip ahead insider, including 16299 but I can't get passed this issue. Even if I delete all the files, Windows just downloads 16288 again rather than the newer versions.

Anyone got any ideas how I can sort this?

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    download the iso, just click on it when its done. it will be mounted as a DVD drive, so you can run installer from it. just run through the setup and let it finish.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/LeR3/wTTp65fwb

these are 64bit iso, get the EN-US one

signex likes this.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had to upgrade to this build to get Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition to even start downloading but it seems to have done the trick as the game is currently at 65 GB of 95 GB. Maybe it was just a coincidence that it worked but I tried everything to get it to download on v1703 Build 15063.632. So far, this build seems very good with no bugs that I've noticed yet. In fact, the icons text is not centred like with earlier versions of Windows so that an improvement right off the bat (I hated the left justified icon text on the previous builds). Not noticed much in the way of changes apart from the centred icon text, cleaner Bookmarks in Edge and some additional options in Settings. One other reason to upgrade to this build is that there's a fix for some of the stuttering issues during games introduced in this year's Creators Update. Not really had much chance to test that out yet but I have noticed some games with stuttering that should have been running fine; I loaded up ECHO for example and that now seems to a lot smoother than the last time I played it, granted it may have been patched since then.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Any news on the RTM release or am I just as impatient as ever?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nothing yet.

RzrTrek likes this.
  14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't know whether this is a bug with the v387.78 driver or something specific to this Build 16299 of Windows, which I'm currently using ahead of the Autumn RTM release, but I cannot use fullscreen when using DSR @ 3840x2160 on my ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 165 Hz G-SYNC monitor. Both FIFA 18 (DX12) and WRC 18 (DX11), which were set to 4K in-game, display windowed and even pressing Alt-Enter does nothing. However, if I set the in-game resolution to 2560x1440 then both games start fullscreen. This issue does not seem to affect UWP games such as Forza Horizon 3 which runs fullscreen at 4K. I am also playing Forza Motorsport 7 but that is set to 2560x1440 with 150% Resolution Scaling to give 4K but, regardless, it still displays fullscreen with the resolution set to 3840x2160.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Is it a bug?

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @Darren Hodgson : For someone who is picky about stability issues, I'm surprised to see you using Fast Ring. :D

For the stuttering issue, I only have 1 game so far with this issue on the current WDDM driver, and I worked around it by setting FlipQueue to 1. (Render Ahead for NV types)

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Update .15 is out, some are claiming the build is RTM (No watermark, no forced insider opt-in, no time-bomb if setting the date ahead to a few years.) and others are claiming it's a RTM candidate (Including some of the Microsoft Twitter people.) with them testing servicing so chances are it could be RTM but the final release will have a newer update than .15 fixing whatever remaining issues they can before it hits full public release.

I'll wait a bit, for now the update seems to be fast-ring only but if it migrates to the other rings and if MS doesn't release a full new build but perhaps another update then 16299 is likely the RTM build. :)
    (And it's being patched up instead of them releasing a full 16300.0 or some such build.)

Jackalito likes this.
  17. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Just updated to build 16299.15 and watermark is indeed gone no more evaluation copy...

forgot to get the upp files to create an iso image for a clean installation.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hmm, 16281.1000.rs3_release.170829-1438 or 16299.15.rs3_release.170928-1534 Guess one of these will be the one

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    16299.15 is current fast ring (Not sure about other rings) but no new build blog about it

EDIT - An update: (Need more coffee :D )

UPDATE 10/2: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299.15 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As we prepare to release the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to the world on October 17th, we will now start testing out servicing this build with the Cumulative Updates via Windows Update.

Jackalito and RzrTrek like this.
  20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Jackalito and kens30 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.