Jittering or not jittering

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Deleted member 268800, Sep 28, 2017.

1. PC SPECS:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 3.2
    GPU EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
    PSU: Thermaltake tough power +775 bronze 80
    MOBO: Asrock Ab350 Fatality k4 gaming
    RAM: DDR4 2x4 Patriot QVL by my mobo

Was wondering if these graphs are totally fine in counter strike 1.6, im trying to diagnose whats m
    y real problem with this old games that cause alot of visual lag x.x
    [​IMG]I
    Probably this is going to be my last post here in Guru about Old games, because the visual lag is real, i have recorded it in youtube with my iphone, and this is driving me crazy, and i dont have an old hardware to test this game like back in 2005.

[​IMG]

This pictures were taking in Windows mode 1024x768 maximized to take pictures with Light-shoot tool.

2. PS: I only Thick one Affinity core for my HL.EXE only the cpu 0, and leaving the rest of 11 cores unchecked.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Did you force 1frame to render ahead instead of auto - in nvcpl CS profile? and in RTSS 95fps on top of that 95fps or why is it 95fps?

Also wasn't dx9 faster for this old CS back then?

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Set pre-render limit to 1.
    You may also experiment with various frame limiters to see if making the game run below 100% CPU1 usage reduces the input lag.
    Another option is to run it in some insane supersampling mode to make sure that it's your GPU which is limiting the framerate.
    Also try running DX renderer and exclusive fullscreen.

5. @-Tj- It actually runs at 100fps steady but when running the game in Windows mode+maximized windows, at 1024x768 if i press the Light/shoot PRT SCR button in keyboard, this can happens, and i had to do in this way in order to take the photo. And yeah this game use to have Direct-3D render, but not anymore, it has a registry that say ENGINE-3D but it doesnt do anything if set to 1 or 0

@dr_rus yeah i forced through nvidia inspector the pre-render limit to 1 as default, this is showing me GPU 100% usage because i put HL.EXe Cs 1.6 in only one CORE i checked or thick the CPU 0<-- only, and i uncheck the rest of 11 cores. thats why i get 100% usage in cpu 0. because this game seems to be single/core game, and it is kinda sad because this game use to have DIRECT-3D render but not anymore because of wall-hacking o.o i only have SOFTWARE and OPENG GL
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why? What happens if it's running without any affinity tweaks? What's the GPU load?

7. Another thing i just marked all CPU 1 to 11 (i forget to check the last 12 cpu) in Msi after burner, +FRAME/TIME thats the option that I enabling in monitor , to measure the CPU jitter.

I really feel so happy when people try to help me, this made me happy, you know guys this mean alot to me, I every day do researchs, and things, i guess this the way i still alive<-- this may sound creepy or pathetic, but as you know here in Venezuela things are so fck up, so this put me on busy, like learning Windows things, hardware things, how to buy pc parts, how to diagnose. And yeah i have been many years doing research, about what are the causes of theses slow downs, or visual lag in old games, and certain newer games, and yeah every day you learn something new n.n

so really appreciate these forums. and people help.
    [​IMG]

I dont know if this necessary but do you think AMD bios options can mess with these things? wish i can find here a guy or member that is very knowledge about Tweaking Amd bios etc.

8. Oh the picture that i posted up was all about the CPU-CORES, i will activate the GPU monitoring+gpu clock so you can see.
    brb ill get to you, the picture with GPU but dunno which options to set in monitoring.

9. @dr_rus
    @-Tj-
    [​IMG] I think im not configuring properly the monitor tool... x.x

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So nothing is really maxed out by default. Generally, I'd say that you should try to put more load on the GPU and see if this will help.

11. @dr_rus

And how can i put more load on that game Half life, cs 1.6 ? because there are not options at alll in cs 1.6 to set full HD or something like that.
    Do you have any idea to do that :O?, but if you are busy is okay, because i tried to contact Valve by normal steam support and they didn't helped
    But this time i tried to contact a developer from Valve directly, but lets see u.u

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Supersampling, DSR, custom resolutions. You may also try running fast sync, framerate limiters, etc - anything which may affect the swap chain or move the pressure could affect the lag.

13. Woah you mean to super sampling the resolution in counter strike to something like 4k resolution? plus DSR to see if that increase gpu
    but omay god :(, counter strike by only putting on 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 it is a painful because of Chosshair, it has to be other way :(

14. Well i tried 4times DSR like 3300 resolution and my brain and eyes feels so bad by playing in this way xD!
    Like to me this is not a solution, because this game render is open gl and 4:3 resolutions, look the most gpu went is 16% and the hud scaling....
    [​IMG]