Review: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Super Tower Chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looks nice, probably costly though and LED isn't something I'm personally a huge fan of but it's been increasing in popularity so for a enthusiast case like this I guess it's not surprising to see it getting LED'ed out a bit. :D

They're bulky and heavy though, that can be a major drawback for several users considering their next chassis but it is pretty roomy as a result, will be interesting to read more on the review for things like cooling and sound dampening.
    (Which can also be of interest, liking the glassed panels on this one too.)

EDIT: Ah so HDD storage is affected a bit on this model, interesting.

3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Not a patch on the Temjin Tj07.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Really like this case but the price!!!!! I could get a much more attractive Lian Li for the same cost.

5. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    In my opinion it would have looked much better and be quieter if they had a bezel on the top much like what is on the front.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Way too big.
    I had the cosmos 2 and lugging that around up/down 2 flights of stairs was fun.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I like these case reviews, in as much as you can see all the details of the case, but cooling performance would be by number one priority when choosing a new case - perhaps it would be good if these reviews contained CPU/GPU temperatures and maybe even air temperatures inside the case in different places measured with thermocouples. I know from messing around with fan configurations on my own case that there is a large scope for differences in temperatures, would be really cool to see some numbers to help make decisions between cases - unfortunately it's nowhere near as simple as stick on more case fans to make it cooler, so you can't really tell cooling performance of a case by just 'looking at it' in reviews. It's the one thing I should have considered more when building my current PC - next time I'm gonna research PC cases as much as humanly possible for my next build!

8. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I should point out there is another SSD bay on the side of the shroud that you haven't mentioned as you can see here. I will getting this case but i
    have 3 SSDs and 3HDDs and do not want any in the way of at least 2 of the front intake fans. Ill be removing the LED/Fan controller for the case and using my corsair link/lighting controller. Im assuming there is a RGB output cable of some sort for the chassis lighting, the same as any RGB fan? So all in all if i did this i could fit 3 SSDs in and 3 HDDs but as you say ill need to get 1 more HDD bay. Thanks for the review

[​IMG]

9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Looks pretty cool. Would preferred double sided glass perhaps.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Actually that is mentioned like 3x in the review, and even is mention under the photo you highlight?

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I hear you, but next to being horrendously time intensive, I find temp measurements incredibly subjective as each PC differs ergo all thermals will always be different. You also have to weigh in that your motherboard will regulate a CPU cooler towards a certain delta, ergo subjective info. It's the same with most GPUs that have a thermal threshold, e.g. 80 degrees that they will abide. Not one PC is the same and the sum of all parts will dictate the temps, not a chassis all by itself.

Embra and Robbo9999 like this.
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I always get a nostalgic feeling when looking at a Cosmos case. Feels like they've been around forever, but while I like big, this was and still is a bit TOO BIG even for me. :rolleyes:

Great review though!

13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, I agree that the parts chosen will affect how well a certain case performs in it's abilities to cool the components - things like length&style of GPU, type of CPU cooler used & size, both of those things obstruct and/or change the airflow in a case which might make one case perform better over another depending on configuration chosen, so I can see where you're coming from. It would be too time consuming to test different configurations of CPU cooler & GPU size/style, but settling on the most 'common' type of configuration as a base for testing all cases would be easier & provide some basis of comparison. I'm guessing you'd keep CPU fans and GPU fans at a chosen manual constant value to ensure more valid comparisons between CPU/GPU temperatures. I can imagine I'll just find it difficult to choose a case in the future if I haven't got numbers to base it on, I'm not sure how I'd choose the right one when I know it can make a hell of difference to CPU & GPU temperatures.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  14. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Very nice looking. I am not personally into the RGB craze right now, a smaller version of this would be amazing.

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Exactly, its like when people quote components temps but not mention the room or case temperature.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    For few weeks ago I've been on lookout for new case(currently have Phanteks Enthoo Primo) as current case is not big enough for my needs, I have been waiting on new Coolermaster Cosmos 2 reviews and new HAF plus Lian Li V3000, these three cases looked on paper like good choice

I rule out 900D, friend have and not been impressed at all with that case, have owned as well 750D, Thermaltake WP200 or WP100 I like but materials used simply put me off

After that friend asked me of I'm still on lookout for new case, I said yes, he said, he have server case for sale which hasn't been used and never been assembled,its been flat packed when I heard that, I thought so he have Thermaltake WP100 or WP200 but when I saw flat pack and logo Caselabs I took that case right away, its M8 with pedestal, its massive case and should house my needs and 4*360mm radiators :D

Been on lookout for this case or for Caselabs for about 3-4 years

HH did you thought so getting Aquacomputer Aquaero and use that for measuring temperatures etc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura