A GPU issue or not?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by srdjan1995, Sep 15, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    From time to time I clean out all my pc with compressed air- I dont know if it will help your situation but it cannot hurt either, My gpu for example runs really cool under full load Asus strix gtx 980 50-55c under full load I never have to worry about that thing overheating,That is one thing I hate about Radeons they always run so damm hott! Join the Green-Team brate,I did and never looked back again.

Nikola.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    PSUs don't overheat, per se. What they do is get overstressed. When overstressed, they become far less efficient and more energy is lost to producing heat. Having a larger capacity PSU will prevent your PSU from overstressing.

srdjan1995 likes this.
  3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I run a Corsair Hx series 850 never had a problem with it thus far, and I bought it refurb as well from Microcenter 40 Bucks I think at the time? I agree with the above statement. You really schould have minimum 800 watts in my opinion and a good quality namebrand as well.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You forgot to mention the higher pricing per performance point plus paying $200 premium for Adaptive Sync privilege. No thanks.

5. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    @nz3777 Buraz, I clean my PC with compressed air as well. I did that few days ago, so I don't think that is causing this. Already had a Nvidia before, and for me, it's a same damn thing. Both do the same job, but Radeon is a less expensive and easier to get for me. So, I think I'll stay on AMD side for now. :)

@Chastity Yeah, that thing. :D So, it's possible? What do you think if I get a Cooler Master RS600 ACAB D3 600W PSU? Or Super Flower SF-550P14P 550W? Will one of those be enough? And are Cooler Master PSU's good or not?

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    After years of use, especially if it is used on it's limits and/or in environment with unstable power network, PSU electronics like any other thing with electronics inside can degrade: capacitors, power transistors... So yes, after few years of (ab)use that Gigabyte 460W of yours doesn't have the same specs like it was brand new.

What's your budget for PSU? Since you live in same country as I am I'll send you PM what model of PSU you could find localy that fits your needs and budget.

7. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    It would be a total waste of such a great thing as Rakija to clean PCB connectors :D

I don't use aftershave for almost 20 years, before that it was Old Spice aftershave and Pino Silvestre, past 15+ years after shaving I use Johnson's Baby Oil (Aloe Vera), it makes my face skin so young and fresh hahahaha

OP, sorry for thread hijacking :D

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I love how serbs across the world can connect on a completly random site like our beloved 3d-guru haha, Ah my opinion on power-supplys A wise man once told me you need to look at who makes the unit itself corsair for example is not made by corsair make sence yet? Lol

Miojko- I am signing u up for johnson and johnson commercial thatz it! Haha.I dont use aftershave I dont have enough hair but 1 time I did it and to say I gotta little pissed-off would be understarment.CCCC.

9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I forgot sorry.....
    1) Rozewell
    2)Antech
    3)Corsair
    4) Xfx few models are good
    5)Coolermaster [high end only]
    6)Lepa brena- haha!

10. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    What can I say bro...
    [​IMG]

And Guru3D of course :D

In previous message about PSU's you forgot to mention my favorite PSU brand: Seasonic. SuperFlower is also great. Both sh*t load expencive here tho.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Rakia always brings people together, that was great stuff! ....Ah yeah my appologies Seasonic is one of the best brands, iam just getting old bro forgeting stuff ect.

Op- Do not skimp on the power-supply it can make the whole system go Boom! Plus you can always overclock it if you need more power right?! Thats like the ultimate noob catch prashe right there l,hahaha. Joke.

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    My experience with Cooler Master PSUs is limited to one, the Silent Gold 1200, which is the one I am using now. I picked it because it's a single-rail 12v design, 98A, and it's overkill for my setup. This means it's never stressed, and therefore cool. Also means if I ever want to expand my system, my PSU isn't a problem. I also got the unit on sale. :) Only thing I've had to do with it is replace the 135mm fan with a 140mm one. (Which required some hole drilling.)

My advice is to buy the biggest PSU you can afford. The market usually has a sweetspot of price vs performance. Especially since GPUs can be such a power hog. I would look at a 650+W PSU personally, and see what's on sale. And keep to the known brand names.

13. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Ok guys, I'll check it out and get some good one for the price I can afford. :) Thanks for all the help. Cheers!

14. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Are these the lines you see (might come in a different color): https://i.stack.imgur.com/KGNmd.jpg

Artifacts like these are usually caused by the Vram. I'm not sure how a sound card can cause those lines. If it is a Vram issue, buying a new PSU won't help.

srdjan1995 likes this.
  15. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Got the new PSU, so far it didn't happened, and it was few days already. And yeah, it's not a sound card definitely. As far as I remember, it wasn't like in that screenshot. But thanks for the info.

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Lets hope it stays that way ;)

srdjan1995 likes this.
  17. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT