GeForce 385.69 - WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Ive had problems installing these ,3 failed attempts where as the installer can't find any compatible graphics adapter so ive ran DDU in safe mode and after two more reboots it has installed and seems to be working normally now , this is on Windows 10 64bit so i don't know if it was a problem with the driver or my O/S or just a bug either way i can't find anything in Windows Event Viewer relating to the failed installs attempts .

2. Shadow mode? What is? If I perform a clean install of Windows , Vulkan api don't install on my pc?

3. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Worked fine for me, tho i used DDU and installed the driver after. But i'm on 8.1

4. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  6. @khanmein in this driver release there is vulkan api?

7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Yeah, but you can't find the the uninstaller under the Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features but actually is installed.

The files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.54.1

Try running CMD by typing vulkaninfo

cookieboyeli and caleb59 like this.
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    1703 RTM (the build which eventually went into update system) was released on 20th of March and the Windows 10 ISO/update tool was switched to 1703 on 29th of March.
    I expect a similar schedule with 1709 too which means that the RTM build should release between now and the end of September.

That's because the old drivers simply don't support Windows 1703 HDR and use the old NV's HDR solution instead. So, yeah, in fact - they can keep blaming Windows.

9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Anybody able to test out Gears 4? I'm still playing it with a friend and have been forced to stay on 382.xx drivers. Any driver beyond that and I get crashes/freezes/hard locks in under an hour, sometimes ~10 minutes.

10. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    The official end-user release was on April 11th, which is the date that really matters anyway. Anything else is mostly coincedence. In fact on March 30 they only started testing the "RTM" build in the Release Preview ring, and between then and final "consumer" release, it did actually still change, even if the release number didn't (or it probably even did, appending a digit at the end)

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nope. You could've installed 1703 quite officially on 29th of March. 11th was the day they started pushing it into updater but this is tiered so some users got it only in May - does it mean that it was released in May? The fact is, the RTM build was available in March which is what is expected from a version which has "03" in it. Same is expected from 1709.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks, 385.41 was ok so far, not completely perfect, had 2 Firefox crashes ,but still ok I guess. Hope this one fixes it for good.

13. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    After several weeks out of BF1 now I updated the game to the latest version and updated to this drivers (mandatory according to BF1) and now BF1 crashes inmediately after launching it...WTH?¿?¿? any idea why?...thanks!!

EDIT:Looks like it was a problem with BF1, after repairing it works fine.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    well thats a first for me Driver Not Responding and has to reload driver well thats a first while web browsing

15. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Why don't you click a few things and do it yourself?

16. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    is the 3D wizard works now ?

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    still with 385.41 they are good for me but i will save this ones for later.Thanks for the driver man.

18. I've installed the latest driver on a clean install of Windows but the colors of desktop are slightly washed out... With previous driver release all was fine.
    I've got the latest build of Windows 10 CU.
    Solutions?

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Did you install your monitor driver? Did you apply any ICC profiles? Did you set the dynamic range to Full (0-255)?

I installed my Dell driver & use the custom ICC profile from TFTCentral so far so good.

Regarding the color issue, Microsoft fixed the problem.
    • The addressed issue where the color profiles do not revert to the user-specified settings after playing a full-screen game.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    (If high res monitor) check NVCP (resolution tab) Output color = RGB and output dynamic range = FULL. And in windows display settings turn off HDR.