Windows 10 RS3 Build 16294

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC
    By Dona Sarkar / Software Engineer, Windows and Devices Group
    Hello Windows Insiders!

Tonight we are rolling out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead). This build might not be available for everyone as it rolls out so just be patient.

As we mentioned previously, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we are releasing new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build continues to include a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • This build has the fix for the bug that was causing some Surface Pro 3 devices to end up in a “unbootable” state where the Windows OS will not load and it appears to be stuck on a “spinning dots” screen. After installing this build, Surface Pro 3 devices should no longer get into this state. If you have a Surface Pro 3 in a bad state – follow the instructions on this forum post to get back up and running.
    • We fixed an issue on Dutch builds where explorer could go into a crash loop if an app-requested downloads notification popped up from OneDrive.
    • We fixed an issue where expand.exe couldn’t expand CABs that contained Japanese characters in the file name.
    • We fixed a race condition that could result in window content being transparent (but showing the window frame) or stale after unlocking your desktop.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing error 0x800B010C when attempting to upgrade to the last few flights.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ng-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16294-pc/

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice. :)

EDIT: But still not the RTM build it seems.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This was the last build MS created in the RS3 stage, there's been no new RS3 builds since Sept 16th, so....

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They have that ignite conference too. I doubt it is RTM because there is still nearly a month away from launch. They can't have had delayed the release by a week from PT for nothing.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hmm, but Insiders have always received the final 1 month before public release

No idea with MS lol

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah, around 2 weeks before GA. Nothing exciting anyways so whatever lol.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Seriously when I think about RS3 vs RS2, the only new thing that enters my head is the people icon pinned to the taskbar :D

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    why is my screen darker!!!???

lol

when first log in , it nice and bright... but then it changes and go dark.....

when I go to display calibration, the screen goes brighter......

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Some auto brightness / blue light filter dimmer thing?

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    went through display calibration and completed it without changing anything. but the screen is now brighter....

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    True, but I read on MyDigtialLife that the build is still time bombed so it's unlikely to be RTM although as another post pointed out as well there's been no other builds since the 16th or at least none that are listed on buildfeed.

Microsoft could always just patch the time bomb thing out if this passes RTM but some people are suggesting the upcoming even next week might be when they unveil the final build, possibly rounding it to 16300 but we'll see. :)

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Timebomb would show in winver if there was one, watermark & timebomb have been removed for the past 2-3 builds

I'm just remembering RS2 RTM, the same thing happened, no new builds past that build for days/weeks, yet MS continued to deny it was RTM, and it was RTM lol

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I'll have to check those posts again. :)

EDIT:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...ld-16294-1-pc-rs3_release.75166/#post-1372858

(Meaning a clean install sees the OS set up into the insider program.)

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...ld-16294-1-pc-rs3_release.75166/#post-1372860

(Expiration date in this and the previous build.)

Embedded images and such might see the posts as hidden for non-registered users.

The RTM build needs to be released soon though if this is indeed a insider build if they intend to hit the target of October 27th I think it was? Three to four weeks for the process of manufacturing the discs and such between RTM and full release after all.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Timebomb for actual Windows is not there, first I've heard of a timebombed PE... whatever the use in that would be, but yea we'll find out soon enough, would have expected more builds to exist in the RS3 stage by now though

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah, there's a few days in-between a build appearing and it being released to insiders so if buildfeed hasn't picked up on anything then that's also a bit weird, I guess it could go either way with MS either releasing a update turning this build into RTM at 16294.xx or they release one last build very shortly with the last couple of fixes, probably followed up with a 16xxx.xx cumulative update once or twice ahead of the general release date next month. :)
    (Not much time left now with the current deadline after all.)

Next one should be RS4 in March and the current skip-ahead branch should disappear and be turned into the fast-ring builds for RS4 shortly after RS3 hits release I'm guessing, wonder what this will bring but I haven't actually used RS3 myself yet so it's going to be another "wonderful" experience with a day or two learning and getting used to whatever Microsoft changed this time. :D
    (I'm getting better at updating and installing the OS though so that's something, yay? Ha ha.)

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  17. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    With an enormous patch at release date.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  18. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru