Custom models of the Radeon RX Vega 64 Further Delayed - Vega 56 later

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Wow, the clusterduck continues! All those poor miners!

3. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Been looking forward for reviews on custom boards, on the verge of buying a new gpu. The heat and power so far has put me off!
    at a loss to what to get! All the time these are delayed other prices remain high

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Is this all due to HBM2 availability and complications around that and getting enough GPU's ready so they can start shipping to board partners for their own PCB designs? Guessing Asus pulled something to get that Strix GPU readied but that in turn seems to have run into some bios problems so even that design will probably take a while to hit the market and general availability.

Interesting, although having this solved now should at least help for whatever comes around next year, guess that's what this 12nm news might be part of although it's for both CPU's and GPU's so maybe not so much about the memory chips after all and whatever is going on with those.

Well if there's three or so separate plants and thus that issue with differences between the three then availability must be pretty scarce, tech perhaps wasn't quite ready for mass availability but eh I suppose it's better to have all these issues over with early though Vega is going to suffer from both that and possibly other problems in it's architecture going by various posts on why it performs like it does under certain scenarios.
    (Which I don't fully understand myself but if Ryzen and ThreadRipper can keep AMD afloat then having Vega as a bit of a bust on the GPU front might be salvageable while they work on whatever it's successor will turn into. :) But what do I know.)

EDIT: Well I guess that Asus GPU isn't getting a new bios after all, interesting.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/719vy7/no_new_bios_coming_for_asus_strix_vega_64_oc/

5. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I've already decided I'm going to skip this whole generation of GPU's and hope that the next gen isn't over inflated by miners. This poor gtx 980 will just have to do.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Isn't it safe to say already that it absolutely wasn't ready at all? It's becoming more and more clear they sent Raja Koduri to a long vacation so that the poor man wouldn't hurt himself due to this situation AMD's ill decisions gave birth to.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmmm... no chips ready... that's weird. And chip doesn't sound like HBM2 but like the real GPU.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Meanwhile...
    ... Gigabyte Teases GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

rl66 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    it isn't a surprise right now no Vega are aviable (and still no RX 570 or 580 :eek: !!!) and no Vega have reached the shop here...

While, as sammarbella said, NVidia are back in quantity in shop (and less expensive... wich is even more good)...

10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Nah, the Polaris and Vega availability is starting to seem normal already. Stores even have some models on their shelves and delivery times for the rest are days rather than weeks/unknown. Of course there are some exceptions, but I'm not following the market so meticulously I would know if the models with seemingly zero stock are even in production anymore. Vega 56 is already listed as well, with sensible delivery times.

Prices don't look so good, though.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah Vega is still fluctuating but we're seeing some models reaching more normal pricing levels finally, still a pretty wide range but as more normal priced models become available it should balance out eventually.

https://www.komplett.se/category/10...-komponenter/grafikkort?subcategory=10488_PCI Express&cnet=Grafikprocessortillverkare_A03616 §AMD&sort=ProductNumber%3ADESCENDING

Around 450 USD.
    (EDIT: And the URL broke. :p )

https://beta.webhallen.com/se/category/3031-AMD-Radeon?sort=latest

And then up to almost 700 USD. (Vega 56)

Still selling though, first one had 11 in stock at the start of the week and as of now the MSI model has only one remaining GPU stocked with more confirmed around early October.
    And for the second one they're sold out but more are available from the distributor. (Surprising actually since that's the price level of the bigger Vega 64 but it sold out even so.)
    (Limited availability too so max 1 per customer currently.)

EDIT:
    https://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=4439738

That might give a better overview actually without having to go through foreign languages on various store sites here.

INSTG8R likes this.
  12. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    What AMD needs to do is make a card that is for MINING ONLY, and will NOT do anything else. Then charge a astronomical price for it to fleece the mining world, so the rest of us whom at looking into new GRAPHICS cards, can purchase one without having to take out a second mortgage on our homes to hope to get a mid-tier gaming card.... Or, the bottom could drop out of mining, or a source code virus/worm could infect everyone involved with cryptocurrency, i'd be perfectly fine with that aspect as well......

13. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    There are plenty of RX and Vega cards available in Canada they're just priced rediculously.