MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If it's that again then I wonder if the same method would work?

[RendererDirect3D10]
    Enable = 0

For AoM.exe.cfg

It works here but I'm on a AMD GPU so it's not comparable, the volumetric god ray effect isn't even available for non-Nvidia GPU's at all. (But that was in 1.0 already, 1.1 doesn't mention any new graphical features either but who knows what they've changed code wise.)
    (EDIT: The game and the RTSS OSD works here I mean, I'm not using a specific profile for the game.)

Something to try at least, injection delay can help too if it's a issue with some other software (Steam changed some of the overlay behavior again in the latest beta client update though I don't think it's enough to "break" Afterburner or rather Rivatuner compatibility.)

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    well i did a OS format and it works 100% , even the game's performance is silky smooth now with NV Gameworks stuff enabled

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hehe, I'm rather satifsied with new beta development progress and beta 17 with new functionality is around a corner ;) Small preview of upcoming functionality:

Stay tuned!

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nice, looking great.

Do you have a Vega btw?

5. Unwinder

Yes, Vega arrived. I'll proceed with supporting it in nearest future once we finalize plugins implementation. Also, I think I've added almost everything I planned for official 4.4.0 version launch, so there will be probably couple more betas focused on polishing/ stabilizing new functionality, then we'll launch official 4.4.0.

6. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Amazing Alex. Just amazing. Nice job once again.

7. Unwinder

Thanks, Marc. Back to RT roots ;)

Tomatone and boogieman like this.
  8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Damn that is awesome. Nice work. Hopefully I have my Vega 56 by 4.4.0 final release

RT was my absolute favorite. Unlocking my 6800gs 12 "shaders" to 16 was awesome with RT.

9. Mumak

Mumak Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega
    Data provider: HwInfo.dll
    Nice :D

10. Unwinder

Hehe, wanted to show you the link with results, but you were faster ;)

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Noticed again that fps and frametimes are not being logged in h/w monitor for UWP titles - is this a known issue?

Beta 28 is working nicely with Forza Motorsport 7 Demo btw.

12. Unwinder

I doubt that it is working nicely "as is" with Forza Motorsport 7. Both Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 use similar sophisticated multithreaded engine so they need specific RTSS profiles to work stable, otherwise those games would often crahsh/hang on startup during loading. I'd assume that Forza Motorsport 7 needs some similar profile. However, I've not tried this demo myself yet to say for sure.

13. Unwinder

All

We can expect a bit more of original RT functionality in new beta. More features from original RT task scheduler module is being ported to AB now. Currently alarm thresholds defined in MSI AB hardware monitor are indicated only visually (in monitoring window and in OSD), but original RT allowed you to program some activity on alarm. I'm adding similar programmable features to AB now, so you'll be able to program AB to do something when alarm conditions are met (e.g. when temperature is too high). It will be possible to define alarm timeout and action, so for example you'll be able to play alarm sound or launch some external application (e.g. shut the system down or launch AB profile with fixed 100% fan speed).

14. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    ^^^^ That's what I'm talking about, great news/features!!!

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, it doesn't crash or hang here thus the "working nicely" bit.

16. Unwinder

Hehe we go, one more preview of new beta functionality. New task scheduler and alarm thresholds in action:

I think we're really close to launch it as public beta, probably next week or even this one.

17. theblacknight04

theblacknight04 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI
    Ive tried all beta versions since 4.4.0 Beta 12 and having a wierd issue. AB is correctly displaying correct framerate OSD/ingame but the monitor window including logging to file is showing a completely strange number! sat on desktop now its displaying a constant 422 FPS! I cant check any ingame fps with logging as its showing incorrect values.. Any ideas?

Log file from last 2 days. The first 3 sessions are from the last full release of AB showing correct values. The last two sessions are from 4.4.0 Beta 12 & Beta 16 showing framerates in the hundreds!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ROVvUi0zh1QzdRZll0bHBfQ0U

[​IMG]

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Can you use Beta 16?

19. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    omg, my OSD fetish.....you're such a tease :)

20. Unwinder

I've just installed Forza Motorsport 7 demo here and confirmed my guess - it is rather similar multithreaded D3D12 rendering engine like in previous Forza series, which tend to present frames concurrently from multiple threads (during detecting optimal dynamic system settings during loading the game). OSD hooks can cause the game to freeze in this case during loading, so specific RTSS profile for it is absolutely required. So those who experience such issues with this demo can simply copy ForzaMotorsportApex.exe.cfg to ForzaMotorsport7.exe.cfg in RTSS ProfileTemplates subfolder.

Darren Hodgson and dr_rus like this.