Forza 7 PC Demo coming 9/19

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not too bad then although I hope that more than one track and a couple of cars are included in the demo...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Demo page says 22GB

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's at least 2 tracks I think. Will try it later on.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Whatever time it's released, it will be based off U.S Pacific time where MS is based in Seattle. Probably noon their time. As I type this it's 6:51am there right now.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the reason i prefer forza to other racing sims is the feel of the car, the weight of the car and the handling, i ve played many racing sims but to me nothing comes close to the satisfaction of nailing the corner entry and exit in forza, and much credit to that is to Turn10 for giving us such a franchise

6. Hulk12

Hulk12 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 :D
    This demo will be released at 05pm UTC. :D

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Downloading now. Won't be home from work for a few more hours though.

9. Hulk12

Hulk12 Master Guru

GPU:
    I like sooooooo FM7 demo!! <3 :D I don't like FM6 Apex due to the lack of motion blur option. ;)

I benchmarked... and got AVG 75.1 fps and max 89.1 fps at 2560x1440@8xMSAA-16xAF (100% resolution scale and vsync enabled but 1024x768@85Hz desktop) with all maximum settings except motion blur OFF but the min framerate is wrong due to stutters. ;)

10. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    awesome game :) 4K, ultra settings vsync on 100% resolution scale runs all time 60fps :)

Hulk12 likes this.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How are the visuals?

12. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    Can't download... always error 0x80073CF9, using windows build 16288...
    Tried some solutions, nothing works, but i can install other apps/games.

13. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    cant even play it, crashing at the main menu when I press start to play. Just CTD all the time. Not the start I was hoping for.

14. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    close msi afterburner! i have the same problem but when close afterburner problem is gone.

15. Hulk12

Hulk12 Master Guru

GPU:
    This tool doesn't cause crash but I've MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 beta build 12 and GeForce 385.41WHQL driver for my GPU - I don't get any problems, sorry.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It seems to run at 4K/60FPS but I cannot be sure since there isn't any FPS counter. I did the benchmark at 4K/60FPS (V-sync) which gave me an average of 59 something (due to spikes) but when I ran the game at 2560x1440 and Dynamic (since there isn't any unlocked framrate option) I only got 70 fps average. At 4K I turned MSAA off and at 1440p I set it at 2x.

EDIT - No matter what I do I cannot get it past ~71fps. Oh well, it plays good enough on the TV so I'm happy.

I'd say they are really good. The cars are beautifully rendered and the tracks look really nice although it looked like they use sprites for the trees though I'm not sure. I must say the rain effects are mighty impressive.

Wanted to monitor the game using MSIAB but it just kept crashing so when I closed it everything went on smoothly after that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  17. ayakaza

ayakaza Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800 XT
    I have a crazy sound bug its sounds like the sound is crackling

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    18 gig on the xbox one, and i have to say, the visuals are amazing, and those weather visuals are simply stunning, hdr really has been implemented well in this game, how they are doing all this on a xbox one slim i have no idea, so i can't imagine what natve 4k will be like for those with pc's powerful enough to give native 4k 60 fps, when upscaled to 4k on the slim is just stunning on a 4k tv, beautiful game.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I tried the demo this morning but while the game itself is great (albeit nothing surprising in terms of visuals or gameplay since this is, after all, the 6th sequel), I'm not so sure about performance.

First of all, I manually set the graphics to 2560x1440 and cranked everything up to the max with 8xMSAA with 150% resolution scaling (for 4K rendering), the same settings I used with the Forza Motorsport 6 Apex demo (granted in that game I set 4K as the resolution) and the game was quite choppy during cinematics and cutscenes though smooth during actual gameplay. The demo is installed on a mechanical 7,200 rpm SATAIII hard drive though rather than my boot SSD so that likely explains the hitching while anything is loading. However, during the game the framerate never felt like it was 60 FPS (I'd set 60 FPS only in the settings as I have a G-SYNC monitor), although it's impossible to say what I was getting since this demo lacks a framerate counter and I've never been able to get MSI Afterburner v4.4.0/RTSS v7.0.0 Beta's overlay to work with UWP games on my system. If I had to guess then I'd say I was getting anywhere between 25 and 45 FPS max.

I re-ran the demo at 2560x1440 with 100% resolution on the same settings but with 4xMSAA and the game still never felt like it was running at a locked 60 FPS. G-SYNC does help smooth it out but based on feel alone and how the game was updating on screen it did not look like 60 FPS to me. I even turned off MSAA altogether (which makes the game look horrendously aliased and jaggy!) and it still never looked like the locked 60 FPS I got in Apex (a confirmed 60 FPS since it had a framerate counter). Not sure what is going on there. To make things worse, my PC reset after completing the third race, although that may be due to it highlighting a CPU overclock instability rather than an issue with the demo. That said, I've not had this kind of issue in years and even then the last time it happened was due to a dodgy driver...

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, knowing I may have to lower settings to get a locked 60 FPS and without AA... this is 4K and a locked 60 FPS on Xbox One X after all and even with its bumped up specs its GPU is no match for my GTX 1080 Ti and its overclocked AMD Jaguar CPU is a joke against even my four year-old i7-4770K @ 4.0 GHz... maybe that version runs on the Low settings preset... :D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Wanted to make a perf article on the demo, but VSYNC remains on and there is a hard lock at 60 FPS it seems ...

*Sighs*