Apple presents iPhone X with OLED Screen and Face ID

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    How about overall "well-being" scanner?

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's impossible to accurately compare Apple's SoC to any other SoC due to the operating systems. It's only possible to compare the phones, as a package deal. There's no possible way to isolate the SoC from the OS meaning the OS will always have a direct impact on performance.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. MegaBear

MegaBear Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    They didn't give any information about the battery. Even on their site. You already know how bad it is lol

4. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    we will see how it will when iphone x released
    for me i think it wont going giving much better color than samsung S-series
    probably slight tone color different ... but wouldnt say they will be more accurate etc.

also if comparing to last year, iphone7 vs s7
    well u can see this test report : http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S7_ShootOut_1.htm
    The Basic screen mode on the Galaxy S7 is tied with the Galaxy Note 5 for the most accurate display colors of any smartphone or tablet display that we have ever tested, with a measured average Absolute Color Accuracy of 1.5 JNCD

so when u saying "iPhone 7 better than most high res android screens that are calibrated horribly."
    thats basically you and your eyes...
    well apple must have reason to OLED ... if they think their display are the better/best, why not keep using IPS LCD ?

completely useless when u showing similar video ?
    we talking daily use right? do u opening tons on apps in one time like in vids? never
    the things about smoother, i bet u never using any android device before... all u do is watch comparisson vids like above... and keep using apple stuff

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Relevant.

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Hm. Think it's time to make an app that produces 3D models using that depth camera.
    3D scanner on the go.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Apple can keep that X at that price. However the 8+ looks like an okay upgrade from my 6+. Wonder if there will be trade in offers, my 6+ still looks brand new.

8. tpeter

tpeter Guest

GPU:
    GTX980
    ill pay full price 999 for the X then sell my higher GB black Iphone 7 on ebay for 650 which is what they are trending for... After fees etc ill bring home 550-575 leaving me a net of around 400 and change for the new one.... Done this every Iphone release and works just fine.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its iphone7 stamina + 2hrs extra.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Not gonna lie, this is the one thing I miss with iPhone. I have crappy eyes, but an iPhone I've never had an issue with colors, density, clarity, the screens are calibrated awesome and have no blur to them. My G5 right now doesn't, but keep in mind I'm also running lineage and have the screen set to a profile I made so I don't have these issues. Stock Moto 7.0 build doesn't have that available.

11. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Milking them isheep for all their worth.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Am i the only one confused how they are releasing the 8 and 10 at the same time? What happens next year? 9? 11? If 9, what happens in 2 years? Nothing? If 11, what happened to 9?

And before anyone replies with "It's not the iphone 10, it's the iphone x, or iphone 10th anniversary"

Sure, except, at the announcement, they clearly called it the iphone 10

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I reckon they should have gone retro and released an iPhone that looked like the original, but with updated tech - would have sold pretty well.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    They're using X as in the roman numeral for this model. So actually saying 10 is correct, typing "10" instead of "X" is not. Plus when the next models come, they're just gonna have to change their naming scheme again. They did already, surprised to see no S model.

StewieTech likes this.
  15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    To be fair the 8 is basically the 7s. All they changed was the CPU (common on the s update) and added wireless charging.