AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.9.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 7, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Beta - WHQL = the same.

WHQL just have a signature, beta dont.

2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Any driver newer than the 17.7.2 causes my games to ctd sorta like its over clocked to high. I think they ****** up the voltage levels or something. (I wish i knew what was happening) Any other polaris owner having any issues with these driver? I heard one guy say the 17.8's fixed his from crashing, but it did just the opposite for mine.

More precise this is the error in even logs with this driver:
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that's been my take on it too, it really doesn't differ much and both AMD and Nvidia drivers have a list of known issues of varying severity regardless of if MS signed (WHQL'd) the driver or not.

Though yeah it's not mentioned on the AMD driver pages either unless you specifically check the download URL (beta in the path name.) or the downloaded file name. (non-whql, which should be the same on the G3D server here.)

EDIT: Even some of the earlier WHQL drivers have basically been MS having added said signature to the driver but aside from that you'd get the same driver as the earlier "beta" version.
    (17.7.2 should be signed now, 17.8.1 might be too but there's been no further changes aside from that far as I'm aware.)

4. zasy99

zasy99 Member

GPU:
    AMD 390x
    Sigh, yet another AMD driver that all its good for is constant crashes.......

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    SWTOR is a choppy mess using 17.9.1, even if I use older DX9 libraries. As if I was having loading issues, and would stutter when I move or scroll around. Tried reinstalling the driver after a DDU, still same issue. Rolled back to 17.8.2 after a DDU, and all is smooth again.

EDIT: Reported.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    It just means MS has been paid for WHQL "certification" - tells nothing about driver quality as such.

8. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Another driver that doesn't work for me... The latest driver that didn't lock my OC with afterburner at 500mhz oc at A GCN card is the 17.7.1.

9. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Haven't touched SWTOR for a couple of years because its engine was a piece of garbage. But if you're sure it's the drivers, ok then :p

10. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380

I got same symptoms on 7850. Look likes as an overheat. Thought something wrong with my card.Backed to 17.7.2 and everything is fine.

11. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Overheat is always a possibility on some....My card is clean, new and open chassis config....I had one guy suggesting it was all just wattman glitching. (this is possible since thats what controls pretty much everything) I guess the only way to check would be to never open up wattman on a new driver install and see if its still errors out. Like just use afterburner for any and all controls...This i will try maybe on the next driver lol

12. 2literpopcorn

2literpopcorn New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 WindForce
    Well. There is currently a huge issue with one pretty big game, namely Overwatch.

Apparently all drivers after 17.7.1 crashes that game. For me it's completely unplayable since the game crashes in 10 minutes. If I would've got a Vega card I won't be able to play the game at all since 17.7.1 doesn't support Vega. I just can't believe this huge problem isn't fixed yet.

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Yep, totally sure. Been playing since May, and it was never choppy before. And indeed, rolling back to 17.8.2 fixes the issue. The game engine, despite being DX9, has been updated since you played, and include more features to enable/disable.

I do wish BioWare would do what Blizzard did and update the game to a DX11 engine. Would be very nice to have multithreaded support. (Even a DX10 update would give us that.) Plus some tessellation wouldn't hurt. Some of the rock formations in the game are lolwut.

On the upside, I can run the game max settings on my 390 @ 2160p 60Hz + Vsync/FreeSync.

14. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    This was probably what irked me the most. It had horrible fps drops whenever there was 5+ NPCs or players on the screen. Later I switched from Q6600 to i5 3470 and gave the game another shot. Performance stayed pretty much the same. Haven't tried it since then.

Btw. is WattMan still using default voltage values while watching videos?

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I have an i7 950 @ 4GHz and I can run with multiple players just fine. I find that a really good ISP with low latency is what makes the difference with many PC players. (It also helps the other players also have low latency)

16. wotan

wotan Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 390Pcs+8GB
    Ok today i had my First Blacksreen ever with this Driver...Starting F1 2017 and i heard a sound from Windows same as remove a usb stick ^^ and Blackscreen wtf?
    I had never problems before ..go back to older ones later

17. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    Yup... Still reseting the voltages, not respecting configured values.
    I'm still on 17.6.2 due to that (I believe the 17.7.1 don't have this issue either).

d0X likes this.
  18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Have you tried AB 4.4.0 Beta 16?

19. gimotan12

gimotan12 Member

GPU:
    sapphire hd7770 1GB
    hello to every one, just here to say that all my games using this driver, i mean all from 7.8.x - 7.9.1 give me stuttering, all of them are pausing a bit. its like a lag. when you look around its ok, but when mo move its always pausing a bit. most specially the GRWL, ROTR give a low FPS. the new games to date is all affected of this. i dont know why. i have an rx-460 2gb card and windows 10. i always a clean install, but every-time i install new crimson newer driver than 7.7.2 this problem simply occur. so always stick to 7.7.2 for me.

20. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Is Windows 8.1 still supported on these drivers? if not, is there a way to force it to install on Windows 8.1?