Steam Top Ten Selling PC games 12th of September 2017

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    For how many weeks PUBG is No.1 selling title on Steam, 6, 7, 8 weeks, maybe more? Can't remember last time when CS:GO wasn't on the Steam's No.1 place for more than few weeks.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ye, I'm wondering too... watched a few streams of PUBG and I was... disappointed tbh. I personally don't really see the appeal of that game, but it seems it hits the "casual" nerve somewhat.

4. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Can't say anything about PUBG's gameplay personally because haven't played it (or any other game in past 3 years because of lack of free time, now that hurts) but my "clones" are and they say game is somewhat addictive. Older kid is comparing PUBG with H1Z1 and DayZ and he said it's better than both of these.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes I actually watched at both PUBG and it's "predecessor", H1Z1, and honestly compared to H1Z1 I first don't see too much of a difference just from onlooking besides H1Z1 actually being faster.
    I have to admit I was checking out JackFrags' team when watching PUBG (with StoneMountain64 for instance), and they played it pretty tactical. Others have gone in solo and grabbed a police car to drive around, quickly exit the car and either running the enemy over or shooting them in 1 on 1 fights behind each other's police cars... somewhat monotonous if I'd have to do that each and every round.
    But as I said that's just my opinion, others might greatly enjoy playing the game, to me it doesn't look that appealing.

6. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Completely understand what you're trying to say. Guess for younger players with more than enough testosterone for waste and good reflexes guess games like this one can be very addictive. But for old farts like I am who doesn't like often to be spanked by much much faster (thinking + reflexes) kids games like PUBG are no go anymore. And I have better things to waste on my testosterone :D

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I don't own PUGB but I am very interested in getting it, maybe once prices drop or when I catch up with several other games I own and have yet to play. I never played H1Z1 and have no interest in doing so, but PUGB seems like a very refreshing and original idea. I think it got so popular because it isn't just "yet another shooter" or "yet another survival game". The twist on it is significant. It's been at least 4 years since I've seen a modern game with AAA quality that really piqued my interest.

8. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    GTA5 still up there, what a champ!! I sill dont own it, first gta i havent played; lost interest due to age and what not...

9. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    ^Same here. Can't wait to finally upgrade my rig and play it.

I occasionally play a couple minutes of multiplayer at my friends houses but I would like to really get into the game by myself.

StewieTech likes this.
  10. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    GTA still one of the best, if not the, selling games of all time!!!

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm kind of happy to see Nier up there.. just to see a singleplayer game doing well.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    People don't get enjoyment out of watching that game.. its in playing it. From what most people say, as the field shrinks, you can get some very tense and memorable moments. Honestly its more a testament to the genre more than it is the game itself.. but certainly, its not a game you base your opinions on when it comes to just graphics or physics or sound. Obviously based by those standards, it looks like a game made 5 years ago at best.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You are probably right, but those memorable moments can be hand in many other games too. As I said, it's just my personal opinion, and I do see why it attracts so many players. It's just not looking intersting enough for me, I already skipped H1Z1 (which does look very similar in videos).

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Played for a day, META in PUBG is boring.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not really, not the same memorable moments. I mean, compared to other battle royal games, maybe. But each game of PUBG is different. You find different stuff. You kill people in different areas. You race to the safe zone and have no idea if you will come up to an ambush or not, and where. And as the safe zone gets smaller and a smaller, each and every game is fairly vastly different. I'm not sure i've had the safe zone land on the exact same spot, or at the least, been on the same side of the last 5 or so safe zones before. Every single game is a new experience. There is rarely ever anything repeated, since you can loot the same house or town and never find the same stuff. As they introduce more items, add more maps and hopefully more ammo types and etc., that'll just continue to grow.