Played Crysis again ...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Mar 18, 2016.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Some mods (not tried the ones by @gerardfraser) but others like the immersion mod don't work well with the Origin version due to it only 32bit.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i want the scar of crysis 3

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I cannot get over how much fun Crysis 3 really is. Loved the alien fights through the grass. So many stunning set pieces and fights on the hardest difficulty. Though the game isn't deadly like Uncharted 4 on Crushing for its so called Post Human Warrior difficulty.

Shame though the UI is littered with so many hand holding console graphics. Tagging enemies. :/

Loved that about Crysis, no stupid graphics everywhere. Use your eyes to spot movement in the jungle.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    ramthegamer likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i literally went through undetected in most of the jungle sets, thats how passive the ai can be in crysis 2 and 3

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I couldn't resist putting the guns in single firing mode one shotting their heads and playing Rambo. Playing peekabo. In between snapping their heads or running straight to melee them.

It was so much fun listening to the AI getting scared.

:D

I'm going to have so much fun running through this again to record stuff.

The only two pain moments I had was those big triangular shaped machines that were in Crysis 2. They got you with one shot in that dark muddy area with all the mines. Then the flying part with Psycho. For crying out loud, that scene is not mouse friendly You cannot get the quick moving range with the mouse. I had to plug in the Xbox 360 pad and the crosshair tracking changed dramatically. "Take the shot!"

Those fire breathing beasts were fun in the somewhat forrest. As they stick their defense shells into the ground. Loved strapping the C4 to their shells running about. Boom, boom, boom. :D
    Though those massive chunky armoured robots look even bigger than Crysis 2...

Really loved the train tanker scene, the buggies, the rail guns, that fight with the boss after flying with Psycho. On the last part Gods and Monsters that I'll finish tonight. The water scenes were stunning as well. Felt like the part in Predator after get to the choppa!

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    The ending of Gods and Monsters was quite dissapointing. Unreal how many of the creatures you could stealth past. Let alone setting the turrets on the big tripod machines.

The end scene was quite stunning with the big machine on Crysis 3. The difficulty was a joke though the way it describes the modes before you start a new game. I really was expecting a difficulty from the likes of Naughty Dog games. Brutal.

I think Crysis 2 was the longest but it had a pathetic ending as you could stealth past some of the guardians. 2 of them you had to kill.

Still love the Crysis series, only have Warhead to finish but I'm truly shocked how short these games really were.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah precisely i preferred crysis 3 ending because it was grand in scale and a bit harder than crysis 2 disappointing ending indeed, i have mixed feelings for crysis 2, i love how the soundtrack of hans zimmer gives it its own identity, it still plays in my head that score, it is distinctive that this is crysis 2.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    True. Also a nice touch to Crysis 3 ending seeing the beach dock from Crysis 1.

I really loved the Stalkers in Crysis 3. Shame there weren't many throughout the game. Some really stunning set pieces though. Also a shame nothing became of Psycho's sequel.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah that was really disappointing about psycho''s story

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I actually enjoyed it more now than when I played it all those years ago. I bought it on gog recently. I'll probably drop the main game after the aliens show up though lol.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    just lol

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Wish I could go back and enjoy this game again on modern hardware but I’m plagued by the 50Hz refresh rate bug and nothing I do seems to solve it.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what do u mean by 50hrz bug?, i play this game on a samsung tv and there is no bug, runs smoothly at 60 fps.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Certain TV's or monitors using HDMI can force the game to run at 24 or 50hz.

My TV has the 24hz issue, but i think it only affects DX10, as DX9 is fine

Creating a custom resolution just under 19x10 was one solution in DX10, and I'm sure hitting alt+enter several times worked as well.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This game was way ahead of it's time. It raised the bar for visuals on any platform, and even today it still looks better than many "next-gen" games. Just tried to install from the original DVD, but over the years it's taken some beating and won't run. Went to Origin and it's only $5 bucks, installing now. I've done many upgrades since I last played so this should be fun.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It probably won't run as well as you are expecting, I tried again recently and even with both cards running I was very disappointed in the framerate.

It also looked very rough, and while better if I downsampled from 4k, my framerate drops way under 60fps.

Saying that, Crysis is a game that doesn't seem as bad as others when it's sub 60fps. Unsure if it's the actual game, or just that over the years my eyes have gotten used to this game as lower framerates.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the game is designed with 2007 hardware in mind, meaning newer hardware will not work well with the game hand in hand, game is single threaded unlike many heavy titles of today, if u have bad performance in the game on today hardware its just that its incompatible, add to that the game was designed to be played at sub 60 fps, i m not sure why but most probably they couldnt manage to optimize to keep visual/performance ratio good enough.
    big fan of the island setting and graphics at the time, but character animations are dated compared to games like bf1 and destiny etc...

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You guys are both right. After installing on Origin all I get is a black screen when trying to launch. Bull freaking shite! I even contacted EA support and they didn't even know how to fix it.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You tried running it with 7/Vista, maybe even XP compatibility?