Intel Core i7-8700K Cinebench CB15 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Tech journalist Karl Morin ran a Cinebench with Intel Core i7-8700K on a on an HP Omen PC. Intels six core and twelve threads processor scorded 1230 points in the multicore test. And that number is g...

Intel Core i7-8700K Benchmarks

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    "Coffee Lake offers 50% more performance"
    Right, however according to this leak it's not even close to that. Manages to lose to Ryzen 1600 (which is cheaper mind that) in Multi-Threaded, and Single threaded performance is due to 1 core boost.

Plus it's non-soldered. Looking forward to see how tooth paste coupes with temperatures.

3. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    389$ Intel CPU barely beats vanilla AMD R5-1600 with a 220$ price :p
    GG Intel!

4. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Something isn't rigth with that multithread score.
    8700K can go to 4.3GHz (6 cores) with good cooling. Maybe that HP system isn't good at that.

5. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    I got my 1600X for about 290EUR.
    Then again, this is still just a leak. Until we get the numbers from The Man HH, it's too early to judge.

6. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    I rather wait for proper reviews before judging it, though all I want from the 8700K is gaming performance, don't care if its general multithreading performance is just Ryzen 5 tier.

7. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Do note that while single-threaded performance is very high, games do use more than 1 core. The difference from Ryzen isn't going to be that big.
    If this benchmark would be representative of general performance across the board, this processor's price/performance looks absolutely atrocious, even single-threaded where Intel are really pushing the frequency envelope here.
    I'm waiting to see how many fanboys gouge up their products because at this point the i7-8700k doesn't seem to make any sense with that price.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  8. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    People with this mentality is the reason why Intel was able to do what it did for the past 6 years.
    If AMD didn't made Ryzen, these 6 cores would never exist for years!

Something has to be wrong, the MT score should be closer to 1400.
    If this is the real score R7 1700 is still the better buy, even after all these months...

vonSternberg likes this.
  9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Weak as hell..

rl66 and Silva like this.
  10. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Wouldn't exist for years?

The 6 core coffee lake was scheduled for the start of next year before ryzen even came out....

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    It's actually somehow slower than Kaby Lake (which from what I recall, was slightly slower than Skylake). A 7700K can turbo 1 core to 4.5GHz, but the 8700K turbos to 4.7Ghz, and yet it barely pulls ahead in single-threaded. But, this is also just 1 test. Too soon to draw conclusions.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So by single threaded it gets 196 @ 4.7ghz, ok I guess.

For comparison mine @ 4.7ghz gets ~192cb, no rush then. From what I saw this i7 4770k just started to flex its muscles, not that its obsolete :D

Silva likes this.
  13. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    How so?
    I couldn't care less about fanboyism towards any brand, right now I'm still using an AMD CPU even (Phenom II X4). I buy what fits my needs the most, be it Intel or AMD, it doesn't matter which, as long as it fits my needs.
    When I got my Phenom II X4, at the time it was the CPU that fit my needs the most, a cheap quad core CPU. Nowadays the i7 8700K is what is going to fit my needs the most, better single-threading performance and decent multi-threading performance.
    If someone wants better multi-threading performance while still having decent single-threading performance, Ryzen is the best pick of course, but that's not what I want.

Either way, gotta wait for proper reviews/benchmarks, gotta take leaked results with a grain of salt.

typhon6657 and airbud7 like this.
  14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I think you mean was scheduled for 2020?

Jokes aside, it's not like Ryzen appeared out of nowhere. Having competed for so long with AMD, Intel could sense AMD is finally up to something and dug its more or less existing plans for a mainstream 6-core from the naphthalene, updated them to their latest iteration of the same old, and turned the mills on.

Silva likes this.
  15. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    As if they didn't knew what was coming...AMD had announced Zen months before release, Intel never thought they could leapfrog +40% IPC over last gen.

If they were scheduled for next year, why are we seeing them next month? Rushed much?
    We have no idea what the cooling solution or temps are, the MT performance is off imo.
    If all you want is single core performance, I agree.
    And I agree we need to wait, this isn't final.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Well, clearly there isn't much of an improvement between Coffee Lake and Kaby Lake (or Skylake), so Intel probably was like "eh screw it, why bother testing? We already know it's good enough". If Coffee Lake actually had something to offer other than more cores (and maybe better efficiency), Intel would probably hold off their release. But from what I recall, there will be 2 release phases for Coffee Lake - one that is mostly based around KL (this upcoming release) and another later one, that will likely be a little different.

Right, like I said, too soon to draw conclusions. But what's wrong with the MT? Aside from the fact it seems to have a 0% improvement over KL, it seems to sit right where it should, when you consider the number of threads and the frequency.

Silva likes this.
  17. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm guessing that it was running at stock, and it was not able to maintain high clocks with all cores active due to TDP limits (remember that turbo core boost is an upper limit, not a guaranteed speed). The single core number is in line with expectations so no reason to distrust the multi-core score.

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    They clearly brought the release forward by a few months, that fact has also been reported on for several months now, I didn't even mention that fact because it was self evident. My response of it being always intended for release at the start of next year was to counter the claim that we wouldn't have seen it for years. It was always in intels schedule as a 6 core i7 in q1 2018, later, they brought it forward by a few months. Hardly an issue, all it says is that the tech was already ready to go....which is the exact opposite of being rushed and releasing unfinished tech.

19. MK80

MK80 Active Member

GPU:
    RX7900xtx
    My R5 1600 6C/12T sub 200 euros @3.7GHz 1236 pts..... @4.0GHz 1335 pts and single Core 160 pts.....
    DDR4 G.Skill F4-3000C15-8GVS @ 2666GHz
    Board Gigabyte AX370 K5

And 6C/6T 4.1 GHz 964 pts.....

Silva likes this.
  20. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Cinebench is only one test. I'm more interested in how it games.

airbud7 likes this.