New pc racing sim: AssettoCorsa

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ])rStrangelove, Mar 2, 2012.

1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Aventador is a rocket, real fun to drive.

[​IMG]

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Ugly blue though :p.

Will have to give it a spin one day in either black or yellow.

3. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    ^Ha ha, it's a Lamborghini, the more garish the better right? Black is cool but we need a Murciélago for that. Yellow works though.

Too many cars in this game now for me to stay focused, getting worse and worse.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i just got my wheel back a few weeks ago after almost a year, i had over 1000 hours in AC though open development and beta and then some retail, now i am just trying to learn how to drive again lol.

Mostly been distracted by the official f1 cars though when i had time to practice. I love me formula one, but does nothing for my road car driving.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  6. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    First pack is great, only had time to try the Cayman GT4 last night but hope to try some others tonight.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Got the season pass, but it looks like I’m not gonna be able to try it until the weekend. Last time I booted the game the controls for adjusting the seat position were not working. Did they fix that with the latest patch?

8. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Hit your C key, or whichever key you have for the change camera option whilst in game. The likelihood is that you are not in cockpit view.
    I had the same issue.

9. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Update out now along with a new DLC. Apparently they've improved the AI quite a bit. Guess I'll be busy this weekend.

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Finally picked up the Ready to Race DLC, the Toyota Celica ST185 is a lot of fun. Love the sound of that car at the top of 6th gear, like an army of gremlins beating on the inside of the hood trying to get out. It'd be nice to get a rally track and some more AWD sub 350 hp point and shoot turbos, since that's about all I can drive decently. :)

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys which track mods u recommend, and i want to drive the mp4/6 of ayrton senna and can i play the game eith xbox 360 controller? does it work normally as it does in project cars? thx

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    ac will never look like project cars, the graphics are simply too old gen for my taste, but would like to try the driving physics

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I do agree there. Project Cars on ultra with an IPS panel and reshade is just amazing looking. Im currently playing it @ 3840x1600 70hz on my ultrawide 29 inch on ultra settings and reshade.

Assetto over all does have the better physics engine. But to me the force feedback is about even between games depending what you are doing. If you are into drifting, AC is where it is at out of most games period. Especially with the online community for drifting. AC is hard to drive with a controller IMHO. I tried it. Not fun. But i use a wheel 99% of the time even for arcade racers. PCars was a touch easier with a controller but not fun IMHO.

ramthegamer likes this.
  14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Does anyone actually play this online still? Servers don't seem as laden as they once were.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    For online probably best to find a league that does scheduled races, you get cleaner racing and a schedule that works for you if you hunt long enough.

When i ran online servers i just did track day stuff where people could connect mess about disconnect whenever, only had a handful that decided to dive the wrong way around the track trying to ram other players.

Need to invest in a desk and chair to move my setup so i can actually do anything in AC atm. JUst not enough room here to stretch out so my legs do not cramp up after a bit in this spot. But will have to figure out what i am doing with my speakers and light proofing the area for my trackir also so i really been putting that off.

16. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    The latest update brings Laguna Seca and a bunch of cars for free, I love how passionate the developers are about their game. Whatever flaws it has, I can overlook as it's clear the guys really care for Assetto Corsa as if it was their baby, not just a job with a paycut. Played it over LAN today with friends, the Alfa Romeo Giulia is a good fit for people who don't race regularly.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Anyone up for a race?