Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Lubna and Singleton99 like this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Could actually be fun this time.

4. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    More like Witchers Creed, amrite

5. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I'm looking forwards to this & thanks for posting the videos . Egypt looks like a excellent place to explore and the graphics from what ive seen look great , i just hope the story is good .

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Assassin's Creed always looks tempting, but in the end, I can't escape the fact that I have NEVER completed any of the games. I have AC1, AC IV, AC Unity and I never finished any of them because I got bored to death playing the same repetitive B.S over and over.

That said, I hope this one is good. If it supports DX12, I will likely buy it anyway so I can use it for testing.

7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    AC Unity was a great story . just a little tip here , you dont have to do all the side quest in order to finish the main story, as it the side quests that get repetitive:)

8. From my perspective the last AC worth playing was Black Flag. So I am quite skeptical about this one. Nevertheless it fits my criteria for a "good game" so I'll definitely give it a try.

9. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Good thing for you is that the Black Flag developers are doing this game.

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well, one things for sure, AC Origins is going to be spectacular from a graphics and simulation standpoint. Look at this gif. There's a tremendous amount of detail and simulation going on. I don't know how Ubisoft does it, but they are head and shoulders above all the other developers when it comes to massive open world games. It will be interesting to see how well the consoles fare on this, seeing as their CPU was their Achilles heel with AC Unity and its massive crowds and detail.

That said, I really hope this game is DX12.

[​IMG]

primetime^ and Lubna like this.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The world itself looks good, but... as far as population goes... it's pretty empty most of the time.
    And even then, the one scene showing people walking around... shows less people then we saw in previous AC titles.

Either way, the series peaked with AC2 and then Black Flag. Two hits out of far too many games.... not a worthwhile investment in my eyes.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    There's no doubt that's because of the consoles. Ubisoft learned their lesson from AC Unity, and don't want a repeat. It's the same reason why AC Syndicate is relatively "empty" compared to AC Unity. I hope the PC version has a way to tweak the amount of NPCs in the game a la Witcher 3.

Yeah but while the population count has suffered, overall detail and geometry levels have increased dramatically. Also the draw distance is WAY better than in previous AC games.

13. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    This game looks amazing, impressive draw distance, beautiful egypt scenery and that water looks like real. I really cant wait to play this new AC :)

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I wonder if they use the Snowdrop engine for this. The Division engine is great.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it is , a year after release of TD

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It's using the AnvilNext engine, the same engine as all the other Assassin's Creed games. However, this one should have some significant improvements compared to previous iterations. There's talk that AC Origins will be the first Assassins' Creed title to ship with DX12 and resource binding tier 3. If so, that's pretty damn impressive as no other DX12 game uses resource binding tier 3 at the moment, not even Gears of War 4 or Ashes of the Singularity.

17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Eh?

Have you heard of this little game called Witcher 3?

kx11 and lucidus like this.
  18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Of course I have :rolleyes: I have the game with all of the DLC. But as amazing as the Witcher 3 is, the game isn't comparable to any of the contemporary Assassin's Creed games in terms of the level of detail and geometry on display. And this is mostly because the Witcher 3 engine is a steaming pile of crap compared to AnvilNext. And before you cry foul, remember that Witcher 3 on the PC has the exact same draw distance and LoD for buildings and structures as the console versions. The only areas where the PC version edges out the console versions in terms of LoD are with shadows and vegetation. Even the textures are the same. Red Engine 3 just cannot compete with the big dogs, and it shows. The tech just isn't there, from both a CPU and memory management perspective. If you ever tried to make a game as massive, detailed and sprawling as AC Origins or Unity on the Red Engine 3, it would crap itself.

That's not to say that the Witcher 3 isn't visually compelling however because it obviously is. But the main reason why the Witcher 3 is a beautiful game, is because of the artwork. The graphics engine is mediocre to passable on the other hand with crap lighting, and crap LoD. The engine was significantly tweaked for Blood and Wine, which has much better LoD than the base game however. But it still can't touch the main AAA engines like AnvilNext, UE4, Frostbite 3, CryEngine etcetera.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Witcher 3 is head and shoulders above every game in history

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    It didn't kept my interest, sure is a beautiful game though.

I'm sorry but what is resource binding tier 3? Never heard of this.