Eight Core Ryzen Threadripper 1900X Spotted in India Etail

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2017.

1. thefather

thefather Guest

Guys this was my opinion but when it is different form "all hail the AMD" I am becoming troll?
    Just look at yourself before insulting people!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Dont mean to be a dick, but that is almost exactly 5 times what i earn.

BRING ON THE SEMPRONS!!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    lucidus likes this.
  3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    the 1920x is around 1100 Euro here :(

Sadly not the only one... even on GPU: Vega 56 is priced above GTX 1080 for lower perf (on other hand none of those are aviable in shop since june: thank the mining madness)

the 1900X might be fun if it keep the PCIe lane of previous one... (or like intel have done with 2066 lower CPU )

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    wow so many anti-amd flames.
    i was a dyed in the wool intel fanboy until last year. i still own stock.
    i live in silicon valley minutes away from intel, amd, nvidia, google, et al.
    i have friends who work at all of the above, from engineering to management.

everyone in the valley is impressed with Lisa Su and the job she has done at amd.
    everyone in the valley is impressed with amd. even nvidia.
    nvidia and intel are following amd's technological lead especially infinity fabric as the *physical limits* of die size and the reality of diminishing returns have been reached.
    the market is responding to amd, both the stock and retail market.

do you own current products from both amd and intel?
    some of us here do...
    i freaking wish i had a ryzen 7 1700 laptop instead of my i 7 7700.

so wake up and smell the 2017

Silva likes this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I currently own both AMD and Intel products, and I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool Intel fanboy as well, stretching back to the original Pentium. I refused to touch the FX series with a hundred-foot pole (and still wouldn't) but I got frustrated by Intel's stubborn refusal to sell octa-core chips for less than a thousand US dollars. Coincidentally, it was around this time that AMD began leaking info on their Ryzen 7 chips, and I was instantly smitten.

The Ryzen 7 was everything I hoped it would be, as well as Ryzen Threadripper, both of them doing wonders for my grid computing numbers (daily points for WCG went from 50K to 275K). I find it amusing how Intel is now offering six- and eight-core CPUs for less - if they had done this a year earlier then I might still be in the blue camp. For customers like me, this is closing the stable door after the horses have bolted (too little, too late).

I agree that infinity fabric holds a lot of promise. It comes with its own risks of course (e.g., increased latency) but it seems a lot more scalable and practical than monolithic designs. I'm hoping they can adapt this design to create more complex and powerful products (perhaps use it to attach a very large amount of cache on Zen 2?)

That being said, I'm not sure where the 1900X fits. I doubt that there's a difference using quad-channel memory vs dual-channel (I can probably do some tests on this if I have the time). I guess it's for those who want the X399 platform but don't want to shell out for a 1920X?

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    1900X is and odd one. All it has over 1700X is PCI lanes. Quad-channel RAM is not something that will be used to its full potential on this platform with exceptions. So yeah why get a $550 CPU, $350 MoBo and $350 in RAM for an 8c/16t system that will not really out perform a $300 CPU, $180 MoBo and $175 in RAM.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    4.2Ghz should be more doable on this one, maybe even moarr :)

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're a troll, because of the way you presented your statement, with a whole lot of lack of anything intelligent, just to bash AMD. Don't believe me? Go back and look at your post, if you can't see it, that's obviously the problem.

9. Alvaro66

Alvaro66 Guest

GPU:
    Nehalem 3.0Ghz
    Not exactly, I was complaining about the high taxes and retailer margins here in Portugal, wich go almost to 50% above US prices. If I lived in the US maybe I could buy a TR1920X.
    And I don't wan't a gaming system, all this talk about gaming. There is life beyond gaming you know? I'm a programmer and I do exoteric stuff in AI programming, exoteric at least from the point of view of the typical gamer. Guys like me dream with super computers.

tunejunky likes this.
  10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    1900x is my dream baby, perfect for my needs.
    i went from i-7 5960x to ryzen 7 1700.
    i really missed the quad channel memory, but not the 1k price tag.
    now for the same price as my old asus rampage V i can buy the 1900x (or 1900...)

torn between the gigabyte x399 gaming 7 and the asrock x399 taichi...the usb 3.1 headers on the gigabyte may sway me.

oh and the ekwb threadripper water block - pure sex.

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    oh
    you can bet the ranch on it.
    despite Intel's gaffe about "glued together processors", they've done it before and are doing it again, just because it really is the solution to the low yields of huge chips.

nvidia is doing it as volta yields are really low - around 60%, which then dictate the pricing.
    i'm pretty sure volta will never see the mass market.

for all the furor over vega, it is basically the market paying for beta testing (like microsoft...lol).
    the entire point of vega was scalability, not gaming performance, although that's nice.
    there never was any need to outperform nvidia and the gtx 1080ti. all they needed was for vega to come close to 1080 (which it does).

Navi is the end of nvidia dominance until they iron out their own infinity fabric.
    the reason is simple - however many of the 7nm vega cores they need for any given performance target stitched together with infinity fabric. so you could have 2x, 3x, 4x the performance of a gtx 1080ti from a single video card.

and *no* that's not sli/xfire.

12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    easy, for workstations.
    not for gaming, though that's nice.

13. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    still waiting for the threadipper 1920 (nonX)

14. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    7700K is faster than 1700x in 6 titles out or 10 and also in single core bench.and above its cheaper than 1700 and 1700X.

15. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The skylake x 7820x is the exact same price as the threadripper 1900x here in aus and the motherboards for skylake x are cheaper.

Of course the extra money for me for the 1900x is definitely worth it over ryzen for quad channel memory and and extra motherboard features alone.

But both threadripper and skylake x are a hard sell for the cost of the whole platform package....that and the ram speed problems of theadripper...

I had a look on the forums here and couldn't see any threads for skylale x owners.

The heat and power problems of skylake x are a massive turn off. So until coffee lake amd are obviously more appealing.

16. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    And this is the comparison I don't see anyone making - i7 7820x vs. 1900x.
    To me, it shows why there is no reason to consider AMD platforms. The performance is lower, the TDP is higher, and yet the price is the same. No thanks.

17. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's because the two are not comparable - 28 PCIe lanes vs 64. Those customers who are interested in a 1900X want the connectivity and throughput of X399 (but don't need a lot of cores), and they would see very little value in a 7820X.

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Almost no one uses SLI/crossfire anymore. Too many problems and unsupported games. With 28 lanes you could have a graphics card with 16x and 3 m.2 sata drives, which is exactly what I would do with one of these chipsets.

19. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Who said anything about SLI? I'm talking about those people who use multiple GPUs for computing and/or rendering, or people who need to do heavy I/O operations (like a database or file server). The 1900X allows options for people who need a lot of connectivity but don't need a lot of CPU power.

Like I said, those who are interested in a 1900X would have very little interest in a 7820X, and vice versa. They are in different product categories.

20. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Do you really think that people who do rendering buyn consumer chipsets, or consumer graphics cards?