Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    This is very common in business.
    A company loaning another arm of itself money at a ridiculously low rate. .25%
    This appears to be a property refinance, the loan is specific for that purpose.
    Also this has been the subject of some discussion over on spectrum and it seems there are some critics that have tied this and other negative (true or otherwise) info to clickbait style sites.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Very interesting. :)

From what I read on that Neogaf topic before it was locked then the loan itself wasn't anything especially new and a not too uncommon practice though having raised 150$ million in total it raised a few eyebrows.

The bigger concern was the terms of said loan, although the exact deal they struck is not known. If it works out though then I guess this was a non-issue, guess we'll see how this pans out though hopefully this does help the games development.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I've been saying it for years and will continue to do so. This game will never finish and have a proper release. Ever.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Okay

6. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    Just want to get this on tape, so you can say you heard it here first...
    The game will never be finished.
    And that's the point.
    It will continue to evolve and grow.
    It is simply going to never be 100% complete. Which is what we need in the gaming world now.
    Something that tries to be different than the normal unplayable/overpriced crap that gets shoveled out year after year.
    I'm excited for what the future holds.

Ok...flame on!:)

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It's too large a project for how it began. The developer needed to add employees, etc too quickly. The business plan was not thought out. The game is just too large, the concept too big. I think they meant well, but it's over ambitious. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

8. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    With uneducated comments like this one backing up your statements of the company's Doom, you might do well to be a tad quieter...

Without such poor comments spreading misunderstanding to other I might be able to pretend something like the following :

Perhaps I am not considering your distinguished lateral thinking and you are Actually meaning to say that you think what CIG are doing is so amazing as to amount to a Legendary accomplishment you are eagerly awaiting :)

OTH ofc you can always make some kind of tangible argument worthy of some degree of consideration people here can debate with you.

9. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well with the amount of money I've personally thrown at the game I give up on trying to start my own Org.
    Might hook up with Test Squadron or the Black Star Initiates but would preferably like to join a UK casual gaming one. Suggestions welcome, have a Hull D & Sabre.

10. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    :):banana:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Made this , this last week-end:

[​IMG]

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is the buggy from the game?

13. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That is very cool... I love the look of the wheels.

It would be so cool to be driving that around and then seeing a ship come down from space and landing near :>

15. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Looking forward to seeing something like that.
    There should be some interesting things to see from the live streams during the next few days :

Star Citizen @ Gamescom 2017 23 - 26th August

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i don't know but this all talk no final product for this game just makes me sick, why would anyone want to post a vid on youtube about a game that will never finish...why hype people for a game that is years in development and it will not finish...

17. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Are you a professional game dev? How do you know it will not finish? Please provide sources for your claims.

18. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I guess the problem here is that, this game is all talk but no progress, we have videos, alphas, betas, these playable demo style game chunks that really does not make sense.

The usual development process just goes, planning, developing, testing and then release. A good example for a proper development cycle, StarCraft 2 was in development for 7 years, announced at 2007, beta in 2009 and fully released at 2010. That is what I call a proper release cycle. This game? Oh, man, trailer after trailer, demo after demo, delay after delay...

You people forget everything easily? The game was announced at 2012 with release date around 2014, then release date was changed to 2015, later on it was changed again to 2016, then to 2017 and as of today it is again was changed. Also, didn't these guys almost went bankrupt at one point and had to be crowdfunded again? Sure thing, they are working on it, but at this stage they are grabbing straws.

I hope one day my grandchildren will see this game release.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Squadron 42 should be coming out next year right? and then Star Citizen is an mmo so I would imagine development for that will just keep going.

I saw some 3.0 stuff from today that looks really awesome, it will be interesting to see what crazy things people get up to once that is released.

20. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    So if the Star Citizen had started development back in 2012 without kickstarter and the process open to the public and announced it in 2017 and released it in 2019 it would have been proper development cycle, but because they have a open development it's not?

If SC2 had announced and started development in the same year and released the game 7 years later, they would sure been criticized the same way.

Also, your bankrupt statement, please provide a source for that one.