New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Last year?

60hz gaming was like ok back in 2010, but now i think i would rather look at the sun then a 60hz screen for gaming :infinity:

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Nope it's not beating 1060's ass. It's faster in DX12 and Vulcan but slower in DX11. That has not changed. It still uses too much power just not overdrawing from the Pci slot.

3. Lukart

Lukart Active Member

GPU:
    Waiting for the next Gen
    I will be waiting for custom cards like the Red Devil from PowerColor, I guess by the time they release it, the drivers will be better :D

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Heh, fun fact, Samsung's Q-dot tech is actually Sony's Triluminos tech that had it's patents sold/re-licensed.

From a media viewing perspective, watching videos on that display would be very good but for that price you would expect the display to be capable of higher refresh rates.

The thing that gets me though about high refresh rate monitors is, you'd expect the response times of monitors to also improve yet I'm still seeing a lot of monitors with 120/144hz refresh rates with 5ms response times.... Why bother with such a high refresh rate if it's gonna ghost like f*ck. :/

5. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    Is it just the FE edition that has secure boot though, so that bios wouldn't work on VEGA 56.

Perhaps 64 will flash to 56, and watercooled 64 will flash to air 64 etc

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    That's becouse they need to make $$$ on Old LED Tek (OMG :3eyes: )
    Becouse of that $hit we can't have OLED Monitors at resonable price.
    My Dream? OLED HDR-10 12Bit 4k 1ns FreeSync2

BTW, Im happy with my HiTek LED 10bit 71Hz (uff i was so afraid when i needed to change my CRT)
    But Gaming is Great, Movies/TV Great -> No gimmicks, actually this is Great :kind: :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    On a comparable monitor a 1ms vs 4ms(what many 144hz qhd IPS displays are) you would not be able to tell the difference.

response lag is not the only thing you have to take into account.

There is also input lag and signal processing lag

For example, total lag on a Gsync 1440P 144hz acer has much lower total lag of even some TN 1ms displays.
    [​IMG]

9. Ndimz

Ndimz Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070Oc
    Come new cards, I'm eargerly waiting..

10. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    [​IMG]

Radeon RX Vega Series
    and
    Radeon Vega Series

Maybe they will be GDDR/X based ?

Or is it just Vega Series for the FE cards ?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    the FE card is Vega Series. The gamer cards are RX Vega.

12. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  14. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I have to disagree with this as it's quite a subjective matter, some people can see ghosting clearly, others not so much but once you know exactly how to view it, it's really hard to ignore it, even on fast refresh rate monitors (I've seen ghosting occur on 120hz monitors. I've yet to see any 144hz monitors though).

The other issue within the industry is that when manufacturers rate the response times of a monitor, they often only state the 0% grey on 100% grey times (black to white) usually not referencing the colour change values or ideally worst case response times (even in specification documentation), it's just so convoluted. When buying a monitor, you really have to research what you're buying.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Ghosting will always be there, that's a limitation of monitor design.

That's why ULMB is there to counteract the issue.

As for my comment, i put comparable for a reason.

Of course monitor response times can mean different things depending on manufacturer.

To be clear, lets say monitor A and B are the exact same with a 1ms response time.

We will artificially limit monitor B to 4ms.

I am saying you will not be able to see a difference.

Take this image for example.

A very fast 144hz TN panel with 1ms response vs an IPS panel with 4ms response time.

Difference between the two regarding ghosting is virtually none.
    [​IMG]

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Interesting comparison here ,I think I will go grab one of these vega's.

The Witcher 3 AMD RX Vega 64 Vs GTX 1080 Vs GTX 1080 TI Frame Rate Comparison

Doom Vulkan AMD RX Vega 64 Vs GTX 1080 Vs GTX 1080 TI Frame Rate Comparison

17. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I don't get your point? Are you saying the ghosting will be the same between panels? If so it's kind of a redundant thing to say because I'm not discussing how ghosting is different or not different between panels, my point is, ghosting is continually an issue, and often manufacturer claims aren't representative of normal use scenarios, often citing best cases such as black to white and not full colour range and brightness.

And again it's subjective because some people are sensitive to it, while others are not. The image you posted as well, while there are steps to mitigate ghosting, although because the image is static there, when viewing it in motion, I know that the TN panel will show the motion as a judder while the ips panel while it looks better will still show a blurry trail albeit, not as pronounced before the steps taken to mitigate it.

Some time ago, we got a BenQ VA panel, it reported to have a 1ms response time but when I used it I realised that when there are a lot of details and different colours, the ghosting was truly awful and everything smeared. Because of how bad the smearing was, it just wasn't worth using it so got a refund. I did some digging later and it turns out it only has 1ms response in 50% brightness and only black to white, the moment any other colours are on screen and different brightness levels, the response times enter the mid thirties, truly shocking.

I wish it was an easy case of you could look up detailed specification for a monitor's capabilities in document but instead you get limited information and have to look elsewhere such as after market performance studies undertaken by reviewers, you just can't trust what's said on the box of a monitor about it's capabilities.

Perhaps I'm being cynical about the monitor market but it's just so convoluted with the marketing terms used about the details we want to know are often only in ideal circumstances or during a specific use.

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    All i am saying is that you could not tell a difference in ghosting between those two monitors in a comparison.

So many people say 4ms has terrible ghosting compared to X monitor when in reality that xb270hu is better than 99% of other monitors.

Of course I am well aware this is a case by case thing as you said many monitors are outright lying about their specs.

So to be specific, 1ms vs 4ms *accurate* response time, there will not be a noticeable difference as proven from the image above.

19. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I have to say, I'm pretty underwhelmed with Vega. For AMD"s sake, thankfully Nvidia doesn't support Freesync. Otherwise no one would buy Vega at all. I really waited this long for this.