OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. EarlVadim

EarlVadim Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX580 x10
    This is a very strange forum ...
    To be able to send PMs your post count must be 15 or greater.
    WHYYY?????

Sorry...

2. EarlVadim

EarlVadim Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX580 x10
    GPU straps P0-P6 - and P7 for Default values in Game-mode
    Mem straps P0-P1 - and P2 for Default values in Game-mode

3. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    @kosho here is beta for you, check if something is changed in GPU order

EarlVadim good :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. EarlVadim

EarlVadim Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX580 x10
    Sorry.. found problem.. VNC fault... it sometime nothing shown (just show empty application form).. sometime partial shown...
    it problem have Polaris editor also...

through local monitor is shown OK... )))

5. jinepegoya

jinepegoya Guest

GPU:
    rx 580 8gb
    Hi, I have tried and it works fine, but it is not working with 7 or more cards. I have 8x rx 580 8GB. Can you fix it?

6. linkfor

linkfor Guest

GPU:
    12 GB
    Hello tede,

Very impressive take on wattool, keep up this awesome work!

AMD has recently released their new blockchain edition driver which seems to work quite well. One shortcoming of is that OverdriveNTool has no effect on voltages when using the new driver.
    Do you thnk there could be an adjustment made to your code to make the voltage controls work? This would make a lot of people very happy )

New drives are here.

Some further suggestions for improvement:
    - Bug: When Tab key is pressed in a settings field the cursor jumps to some unexpected locations.
    - Feature: add some kind of voltage / temperature monitoring (quite handy to identify a specific GPU across different applications).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  7. Alexandr

Alexandr Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 Series
    Hi, after a while 2-10 minutes the settings are reset in different ways.
    The drivers are standing with AMD's site office 17.7.2 Blockchain Compute Release
    There are two cards px580 4gb nitro +

8. linkfor

linkfor Guest

GPU:
    12 GB
    Check you do not have AMD Settings installed (Watttman) as it may take over. I have no such problem and do not have it installed.

9. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    There is no limit for only 6 cards, are other apps work well with 8 gpus, GPU-Z for example?
    Ok i've checked this driver, disabled all states except P7 and it seems correct voltage is being set, i don't see any problems here.
    There is also WattTool I2C feature to set voltages, which is still working
    I will fix this in new version
    I'm not curently going to add any monitoring features. I'm working on GPU sorting to be the same as in other aplications, so there will be easy recognition. Problem is that I have only single GPU and no possibility to test it. On previous page I posted beta buid for kosho, but he didn't answer so far. Maybe you can check it, and compare if anything changed in GPU order? Also i don't know what other applications put to identify card, in OverdriveNTool it's id= 0:..1:..2:..3:..4:..5: etc. I may change it to be like in other apps.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  10. kosho

kosho Guest

GPU:
    Rx580 8G GAMING X +
    thanks i will test and back with review

11. linkfor

linkfor Guest

GPU:
    12 GB
    Now its clear what the issue is! I tried the voltage control on rx480 and it works.
    But Rx580 - nothing! :confused:

As far as I can see I get the same GPU sorting as in GPU-Z with the normal version (on my board which is Asrock H81 BTC). This is fair enough.
    I would not take Claymore's sorting as an "industry standard".

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  12. treycan

treycan Guest

GPU:
    Rx 480/470 4G
    I'm having an odd issue where OverdriveNTool isn't recognizing all of my GPUs.

This is a media center/makeshift miner setup running latest beta blockchain drivers with 5 GPU's. 1 RX580, 1 RX 470, 3 7950.

The RX 470 works great, is seen and configurable in other programs including afterburner, gpuz, and wattman while OverdriveNTool only lists 4 GPUs.

On a side note, voltage control works fine across RX 580, 480, 570, 470 GPUs. The issue is driver related with voltages being reset to default periodically. Changing the voltage value +/- 1 mV and re-applying keeps everything working well.

13. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    treycan says he can change voltages on Rx580
    Is Claymore's sorting different than gpu-z sorting for you?
    7950 is not supported. If i undestand correctly, RX580 is not listed in OverdriveNTool? Then try to put RX470 and RX580 in the two first pcie slots.
    As for driver bug i've put workaround in first post to reset and re-apply profile, but your solution is good too.

14. treycan

treycan Guest

GPU:
    Rx 480/470 4G
    I'm fully aware the 7950 are not supported, I was giving a general system layout.

The RX580 and RX470 are in adjacent first two slots set as GPU 0 580, and GPU 1 470.

OverdriveNTool lists my system as only having 4 GPUs instead of 5. It shows the primary 580, and the 3 7950s. The 470 isn't listed at all, despite working with other tools.

For voltages I ended up throwing together a simple looping bat that switches between two profiles on affected GPUs, adding, then later subtracting 1mV.

15. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    I reworked some code in 0.1.5 to help with issue not listing all GPUs. Check this beta and this beta2

16. treycan

treycan Guest

GPU:
    Rx 480/470 4G
    Just tried both, neither of them detected the RX470.
    I launched Watt tool even though it doesn't work, it's still able to see the RX470 so I don't think it's a driver issue. If I get some free time, I may try a driver re-install with only the 580 and 470, then add the other GPUs after.

17. Kelg

Kelg Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 X
    Is there a way to force P0 to a frequency on RX 480?
    It keeps resetting to the default 300mhz and dont accept anything else.

18. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    There are lowest and highest values for each Pstate, you cannot set value below 300MHz. P0 states always reset to default on Polaris, nevermind what value you put there, but you can still disable this state by double clicking on P0 label, then apply. After this GPU will use P1-P7 states only
    I think i finally found bug, which was also related to @jinepegoya problem, here is beta3 for you to test

19. treycan

treycan Guest

GPU:
    Rx 480/470 4G
    Just tested, and it seems to be to be working. Thank you.

20. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    You're welcome :)