Nier Automata

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Who said it's an official mod?

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The article did.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I too can believe they're not bothering to fix the game's issues because the mod did their work for free. I'd curse the execs who let the game release like this and left it so because crashing issues remain on AMD (unless you go back to an old driver apparently) and the GTX 780. No communication either. It has last been touched in steamdb around 15 days ago. I say people shouldn't support them either and older versions of the mod work fine apparently and it also has been reverse engineered anyway.

He shouldn't have blocked anyone with their steamid's from using the mod. Brought it on himself. Don't care.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I'm with you. He should not have done that. However I can understand his anti-piracy philosophy that legit buyers of the game should be able to use the mod, however but creating a mod that deletes files from your computer is wrong which people claimed happened with this game and Tales of Berseria.

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Well, you can't fix crazy.

Anyway, probably gonna pick this up June 22, sale cant come fast enough, I'm out of games to play on PC atm :nerd:
    Hopefully it gets patched and/or don't crash on my gpu's. I've 3 systems to try it on, hopefully one works proper lol

6. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    cant play the game because of all the CTD - i think that because it was so over hyped they manged to sneak this terrible problems pass public eyes that effect many people - you just need to google it and you will see - the developer seems to control places like steam forum and hide that whenever it pops out instead of fixing it

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    What a game. Never knew this game is such gem. Spent more than 15 hours I guess in days. Tried hard difficulty but too hard for me. Damn. Even can't pass first level. So game kicks me in to main menu.

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I saw you playing, jealous if you can play without the crashing I had.

Saw nvidia released a driver supposedly fixing it for 780/780ti with mixed results, mostly negative no fix results.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

No issues on my PC. But after new patch, laptop with 1080ti has issues. Crashed a few times. Continuing my game with fresh start on ps4 pro. Sitting next to my wife and game is good.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    ps4 looks like the way to play this for sure

pc can crash at random and you lose any progress, no autosave, ps4 ive heard no crashing issues over

maybe i'll get it on ps4 for like £10 later, cause they're not making a pc patch ever, sheer lies

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Oh man. lost my save file. the laptop at office replaced the save file i played at home. more than 3 hours of gameplay lost.

no big deal. was continuing at console anyway.

and you guys aware of story of the game? and in the second and especially third run through u will access to more side quests etc?

12. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    yeah i would say you can do 70% of the quests with all 3 mainchars, but some of these sidequests are only available for the respective character. 100%ed the game cause it was sooo good, still GOTY for me so far, hardest thing to do for me was to get the 95% kill quest done :puke2:

13. kaytau

kaytau Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060,
    I call NieR: Automata the best game of this year so far. I enjoyed it like no other game I played lately. The fact that you can play it in a couple of different scenarios is great (23 from what I've heard). And the soundtrack... it makes it even better :)

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Is it 1080p/60fps on Pro or 4K/30fps (or both)?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  17. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    The game is a bit overrated. For me, Zelda:BOTW is definitely gonna be the GOTY 2017. For PS4, I would vote for Nioh for insane replayability. I would definitely think HZD is a better candidate for PS4 GOTY tho. 2B definitely got my vote for bae of the year. ;) The soundtrack definitely deserve best OST of 2017.

yeah.. the game is very unoptimized. The developer just forget about the game after it get our money. Very irresponsible. At least, Rockstar actually fixed Arkham Knight even a year or two later. Very disappointed with SE and Platinum games.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So I take that, without FAR mod, this game is basically unplayable still?

Guess I'll go for The Surge instead for a Soulslike...

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Do yourself a favor and get a PS4. Bloodborne and Nioh are far better then any souls game and wanna be souls game. (summer sale is still running atm).

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Wait since when is this a souls type game?

It's not.