Played Crysis again ...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Mar 18, 2016.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    its not about that, yes the game may run good in mid 20s fps, but wait until u get to the next physics triggers, or an explosion, the fps will plummet to single digit suddenly, that was unplayable, sorry unoptimized is the word here, when physics triggers in this game u will see fps in of single digits back then, so yes it was unoptimized laziness by crytek, and i agree with @Stormyandcold on this.

2. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    I was talking with a friend about Crysis yesterday, he wants to save some money up so he can build a PC to play it finally.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I played the game back on release with a 512 8800GTS and never had any plummeting single digit fps on physics.

Game ran great.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    That totally depends on what setting you run the game. High was already quite borderline with latest GPU's in SLI.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Don't get me wrong, never said it was 'unoptimized crap' as a whole, the game ran great: I was referring to the Ultra settings that killed any computer on the market at the time.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I remember Ultra settings not even hitting a consistent 60fps with the GTX 280's when they came out after the 8800 Ultra's.

I had a GTX 260 and remember being baffled at the performance a generation later still being ...not adequate.

As far as the bashing goes, I don't ever remember the promises of great performance in 2007 as some claim there were. But boy do I remember the bullshots. Crysis is a fine looking game, but it took time to adjust to what it really looked like, vs. all the bullshots taken of what it "would" look like. That's what ticked me off. I remember when the demo hit thinking "well...this looks nothing like what they've been showing for a year". And then forgot about it for a few months.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    how can u consider a game that is made to public to be played on a wide range of pcs back then to be optimized, as soon as some physics stuff trigger on screen prepare urself for single digit fps..

8. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Whatever happened to simply just playing a game for the experience of "playing" it?
    Seems like people these days are obsessed with unlocks, XP gains and New Game+.
    Honestly back in the day I used to even replay certain map segments in Crysis 1, simply because the experience was fun and rewarding when trying different things.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Driving the car into the hut on the beach.... hehehe.

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    That map area before you go into the mine on Crysis Warhead was bloomin frustrating, heh!

I didn't take out any aliens before the rendezvous on the little hill. Left, right, above and behind, small, big, tons and tons of aliens. It was a spam fest. Sometimes I couldn't see what was going on from all the electricity.

His looks a lot easier than what happened with mine. As I was on the hardest difficulty and they were jumping everywhere. Not floating about slowly like his. The ground and sky was full of them.

I loved Crysis 2. I actually completed it a month ago. Had it since release and decided to take a playthrough. Though I went with the MaLDoHD 4.0 mod for my playthrough. Glorious graphics. It was fun. Though the end was a bit dire if you could call it an ending as I only fought two out of the 4 guardians protecting the core and storming my way in.

Completed Crysis with some custom mods floating about the web after that as I didn't complete that either. I originally got up to the mill with the 4 nano soldiers many, many years ago.

Still finishing Crysis Warhead with the Quality Mod. Nom, nom, nom!

Haven't played Crysis 3 at all. That will be up next.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

11. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Crysis 1 I played quite a lot because it did indeed look very nice even on a ATI card, but upon replaying I don't see why I bothered with it. The writing is quite mediocre and the game is quite short.

And still.. if you trick the AI into the water they will drown despite their heads being above water :D :bang: :wanker:

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    It has never been about GPU for me it's always been CPU problem to run Crysis 1.FOR THE RETARDS NO THERE IS NOTHING THE MATTER WITH THE PC

Crysis 1 vanilla with GTX1080 Ti I still can not run the game at 60 FPS.I am always amazed how people always say they play games at 60FPS when there not even close on some games.

CPU 3770K-4500mhz
    GTX 1080 Ti-2025/5900
    Crysis-2560x1440 8xAA

Rescue map
    [​IMG]

3 harbor map shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I'm not surprised at 8AA

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire

LOL ok still CPU bound

CPU 3770K-4500mhz
    GTX 1080 Ti-2025/5900
    Crysis-2560x1440 0xAA

Harbor map
    [​IMG]

ascension map
    [​IMG]

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what are you saying? does that have any significance on crysis being unoptimized, because i could care less if it runs well or not on new hardware, this game was produced with quad core and core2duo in mind, so thats old hardware, and yes it didn't run nicely even on those, at least i can say i completed it using the right mod and graphic settings, thats it, i can hop in sometimes just to have fun with the physics in the game, other than that for me its a forgotten game, there are much better fps sandboxes out there now that can play decently at 60 fps with better animations. crysis is wooden for today standards.

16. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Don't worry, be happy. It's mostly a single-threaded game that doesn't care anymore about how good your PC is. This is on my profile PC on same settings:

[​IMG]

For better FPS use 64bit version (if you can spare some memory, hehe :infinity: ).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  17. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    In all fairness, Crysis 1 is not just a decade old game, but a decade old game with a pretty extreme level of physics simulation, on account that virtually every single tree and minor building and can be interacted with and destroyed. I mean the movement of the foliage foliage of the trees isn't even animated like in a lot of games, but physically simulated in real-time.

It really isn't strange that it is CPU limited.

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Odd, with an i7 3770k at 4.2 and 1080Ti I get way above 60 on those maps. Though I'm 1920x1200 8xAA. Ascension can be iffy as usually by the time I've reached that map I was a few hours running it. The game has horrible memory leaks.

I never realized Ascencion was areas you've already been. Flying over the Mill. The bridge where the chopper hounds you.

The worst map for me was the snow when the fighting kicks off and it depends where you face on that map that it can drop into the teens when fighting.

The aircraft carrier is a stutter fest on some parts. Lots of huge delays when game save pop ups.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Its a tech demo from 10 years more than anything else, i wouldn t be surprised by the memory leaks, btw game looks like ****e in inside environment gives u a hint of how the devs only thought they need to do an island and give it the best they can and forget interior lighting etc, in that department i would prefer the better game crysis 2 which is actually a real game to play.

20. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    loved the game and the graphics for its time were amazing.

Awaiting a cheap steam key to appear on ebay ;)