Watch_Dogs Frequent Striking Events Mod by The Silver

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by The Silver, Aug 10, 2017.

1. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Watch_Dogs Frequent Striking Events Mod by The Silver

This mod increases the frequency of the freeroam striking events, and even adds some events that never occurred before.
    The striking events are things like the speeding emergency vehicles with sirens, like the ambulance or the firetruck, the small random crimes like the atm robbery or the pickpocketing, the random civilians car accidents and so on.
    With this mod you will witness these randomized events much more frequently than in the vanilla game, even if there's a hardcoded limitation of one at a time (so for example you will hardly see a speeding ambulance while pursuing a robber).
    This mod also increases the frequency of the previously rare events of patrolling cop cars, and even adds the events of patrolling foot cops that will spawn in a friendly state and patrol the streets of Chicago looking for criminals.
    The frequency is increased but not overdone to unrealistic levels, and there's still some randomness to the spawn time of these events, so that there will be very busy moments but also some long quiet moments of gameplay.

Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download Link: WD_Frequent_Striking_Events_Mod_by_The_Silver.rar

Alternate Versions:
    WD_Frequent_Striking_Events_Mod_by_The_Silver_Loose_Files.rar

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    bravointheua likes this.
  2. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    That's amazing. Thx man.

3. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Awesome
    Do you have anything more worth to release?

4. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Do you know if there is any way to increase the news broadcast events that occur that cause aiden to flee from shops? (like in the 14 min demo)

5. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Thanks for the mod, great work :)

WD2 probably have this same stracture, but it's Striking Events 2.0 now :p

6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    What do you mean exactly?

I know its very rare, and there's a way to increase it for sure, but I don't know exactly the parameter so it would need some research (probably starting from the shopsetting.lua since inside it you can see the section that defines the shopkeeper behaviour for the news broadcast event).

Glad you like it guys!

Eheh! Yes considering the other cut things that I couldn't restore because they are bugged I'd say definately that for WD2 they just finished what they started in WD1.

7. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    I was saying if you have any other Unreleased mods that you could release

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah ok I understand. Well I have no other big mod ready for release yet, but maybe I can post a minimod that I made for myself long ago, it's just a little detail but it's cool to have for immersion, stay tuned. :)

9. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I did notice that the broadcasts seem
    To occur more frequently compared to how low your reputation is. I’m not 100% sure, I’ll have to do more testing when I get home from vacation.

10. TKLR479

TKLR479 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8192 GB
    Hi, can I just ask which file this modifies? I'm hoping to combine this mod with another pack I own. A specific .lib file will do, if that is what has been altered. Sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm very new to the Watch dogs Modding scene

11. HeySlickThatsMe

GPU:
    No Record
    Uhh use loose files?

12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Hi, it's not dumb, in fact I have already though about this need and I've already provided a link to an archive containing only the edited files, as HeySlickThatsMe said, so check the second download link in the first post and have fun. :)

13. TKLR479

TKLR479 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8192 GB
    Ah yes,thank you so much! I completely missed that. I do apologise, I didn't understand what loose files meant, but yes, thank you all for your help. Great mods in the community rn!

14. B1acK Wo1F

B1acK Wo1F Guest

GPU:
    GTX750 TI
    Hello , how can i increases even more freeroam striking events ?