Hellblade

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Mar 8, 2015.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    for me it should be unlocked @ 6 to 8 a.m

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    pre-load is up

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it runs mostly above 60fps @ 4k maxed but in cutscenes it dips below that to the 40s

however @ 1440p maxed out it hits 120fps easy

fullscreen is linked to my monitor's native res which is 1440p , so even if i chose 4k in-game it doesn't do much , windowed fullscreen solves it though the fps feels choppy

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    "Pre-ordered" yesterday evening, can't wait to try it out tonight!

One of the games we can play together with the missus too, she liked Heavenly Sword and DmC as well.

I thought I'd try to get her into Dark Souls too but that could be risky... I break enough stuff as it is out of frustration :p

5. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    This seems really good, cannot wait for the release.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Played about 40 minutes last night before going to bed.
    Max settings, 1080p... 60fps almost the entire time. I say almost because there were a few little spots when it dipped down to 55.

Firstly, the game looks stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. And the details and attention paid to Senua is amazing.
    Secondly, sound design. Oh my god. This is a game that simply cries for headphones, or a solid surround sound setup. It is just... wow.

And finally, the combat. While simple, when compared to some other third person titles, it's got a very satisfying weight to it. It feels raw and brutal. And, how it's paced into normal exploration, and puzzle solving... really love it.
    This game is more then worth the 30 bucks it costs. People should grab this up if they haven't, Ninja Theory have done an amazing job here.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Is there anything on PC that makes it a purchase over PS4? I have a 4k TV, I do not have a 4k monitor.

Aside from that, are details/textures sharper on PC or is this a straight port? Thinking I might just get it for a lazy couch gaming session vs. desktop.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    From what I saw in videos, the game is sharper on PC.
    The PS4 looked a bit blurry. Still looks fantastic, but... just not entirely as crisp.

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It looks like it suffers from chromaticaberrationitis

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Bought it.

Putting it on the big screen tonight. PLAYING THE **** OUT OF IT ALL NIGHT

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Its not about the interactions in this game, its about the character and her struggles. Its about the performance of the actress, its about how the game world can become involved in the story, becoming a character of its own.

Honestly apart from the facial animations and some texture and lighting work the rest of the graphics are really not that great. The environments are pretty poor when compared to other games.

This game should not be judged on its looks or gameplay but on its story and the telling of it. The amount of symbolism in this game is insane if you are willing to read between the lines and actually put your self into the shoes of the protagonist.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes its Dear Esther with a psychosis and Nordic religion theme and repetitive puzzles and quicktime event combat. (without onscreen hints).

Its nice to play through once, then it will be forgotten forever. Certainly wont make my top 10 list of this year. I had hoped more freedom control wise.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    PC vs PS4 comparisons here. I hate these comparisons rarely go against the PS4 Pro. http://gearnuke.com/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice-pc-vs-ps4-comparison/

Anyways, another game that makes me kick myself for upgrading my PC. Very little difference between versions. I think when PS5 or whatever it's called hit, I'll be going console only. PC gaming has no AAA exclusives, their add-on options aren't that game changing in the graphical department anymore. It seems developers are more focused on parity than ever before when sending a game to PC. So much untapped power. Wasted.

Anyway, I think I'll give this a go on my pro. Seems more story based and something to lay on the couch with a candle lit and play through at night to relax.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    QTE combat? Oh dear...

still downloading, my Internet decided to be slow today...

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Quick time combat? Forget it, I'll wait until the Uncharted expansion and madden 18 this month.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Getting above average reviews weird about the save game deletion through deaths, maybe back up save game's

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Its not quick time combat

And Your save will not be deleted.

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Where did you get QTE combat from?

have you actually played the game?

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well it felt like QTE without the prompts on the screen.

yes i have played it.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's not QTE.
    You have an attack, heavy attack, melee (kick), block and dodge move. And if you block at the right time, you will parry leaving the enemy open for a heavy attack.

Zero of the combat is QTE. There are no on screen button prompts during combat, hell... there are no button prompts on screen at all. Anytime. Not even a tutorial section in the beginning.

It's your standard hack and slash style of combat. With more in line with Dark Souls in it's dodge, block, parry and attack patterns of combat. Specially when up against multiple enemies.

Also, there is no perma-death. You save file will not be deleted.
    It's been tested. The "rot" in Senua's arm is tied to the story, and the theme of perma-death is used as a part of her psychosis, and not a gameplay mechanic.