Played Crysis again ...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Mar 18, 2016.

1. kaaona

kaaona Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti SLI
    Guys i thought when you used 64bit exe the lag that happens after you exceed 4 GBs of gpu memory would go away, but it's still there. And also i can't use reshade with this version. The window is there and all but it crashes after i hit load on a save. I have the game on GOG. I tried 3.08 and 3.05 of the reshade versions, and tried it on dx9.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The worst thing Crysis ever did...
    Was make a insane amount of people believe that's how the word crisis is actually spelled.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    every time i hear the word crisis, i see in my head the word crysis as in the game, its now associated with it, and thats the beauty of it, to stay in ur mind.

4. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I played crysis and crysis warhead last weak and finally defeated them, playing them both through at 60fps maxed at 4k.

...and promptly uninstalled them after realising that they were graphically amazing and offer absolutely nothing to entice subsequent playthroughs.

Maybe unlocks are a newer game feature but ceyais 3 letting you keep all weapon and suit upgrades for new playthroughs is great.

Also I have a 6700k, aorus extreme 1080 ti, m.2 sata drive and 16gb ddr 4 but because of how crysis was coded, instead of save simply happening in the background, checkpoint saves always had like a 1-2 second pause where even the sound stops while it savea, very archaic, newer games including crysis 3 don't have any pause/stutter/performance drop while saving. It's all totally fluid in motion.

I know having a pre defined checkpoint is different to it saving your exact location like in crysis and warhead but it pissed me off that 10 years later all the hardware in the world can't just give you a smooth experience in regards to the save pausing because of how it was made.

Also manual weapon pickups in crysjs....jesus christ it's annoying. Also the problem where if a weapon has a new scope/mod and you ammo is full you can't collect the weapon in order to get the mod automatically. You have to drop your weapon and pick up the new one or fire a few rounds....the reload ( because until you reload it stil treats your gun ammo as full ) and then pick the weapon up, if someone had actually play tested the gameplay and not just taken screenshots they would have found that in testing back in 2005 or whenever they started it...

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I finished Crysis 1 when I was 13 years old.

I played on a Celeron CPU, FX 6200 and 1GB of RAM. I had to look online for ultra low .cfg settings just to get playable framerates. And even then it didn't go past 16FPS.

Good times. :')

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Why do you think that x32 and x64 processes differs regarding amount of memory on video card?

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i finished mine on a pentium D 3.0 and 1gb of ram, and a gt7300 nvidia, i had set graphics to low and 1024*768 game was running barely 30 fps XDthose were good times lol

8. kaaona

kaaona Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti SLI
    I don't actually know the details, also i have a 1080 ti so i have 11 gbs of memory. But when the usage exceeds 4 it starts to lag when aiming and looking down on to the ground makes it lag more. I saw a guy write that 64 bit doesnt have this problem in his mod description. But im thinking now that this lag has something to do with msaa. Also i m not using any mods atm. So this is no5 mod related.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I never felt like this game looked so much better than other games. It only felt like it hogs the system for no good reason.

As a benchmark though, it was awesome.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Agree. It was only the density of the grasses/vegetation that made it look impressive. All other objects/stuff in the game not as visually appealing, in fact mediocre looking.

11. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I used to play Crysis 1 on SLI'd Nvidia 8800GTX cards. Those were the days. IIRC those cards were STILL gigantic. And the game would still cut those card's balls straight off at times.

Come to think of it, the game still causes my Intel Core i7 5960x, 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, and Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)'s balls to shrink...

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The weirdest part in all this is that the stunning graphic at the time sold the fact that it was using unoptimized tech.

Any game that would provide such ****ty framerate nowadays would be flagged as awful, refunded etc

13. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    amazing game thats let down by boring aliens though the trip through the alien space ship was kinda worth it.

The transistion from c1 and warhead to c2 and 3 is a single IP example of how the industry has changed as a whole in terms of gameplay and creativity, that being a a downward spiral to style over substance and visuals over nteractivity and player control.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Crysis on a gtx 8800 ultra good times good times :D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I don't know why you people say it's unoptimized crap.

On all medium settings it ran great and still looked better than every game out there.

Even High ran good, everyone expects to run max settings and it perform great.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The nano suit letting you turn invisible briefly was the only fun I found with the game. Hated the aliens in the game.

17. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Completely agree, I had a pretty crappy computer at the time and was still able to run the game on least medium.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, but, it was like having Unchartered 4 back in 2012.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    People were mostly upset at Crytek and Cevat's bulls*** statements about the game's performance.
    Him commenting at E3 that people with an 8800 GT could run Crysis at High at 60fps, pointing to monitors behind him saying that's what they were running.

Yes, I had an 8800 GT when Crysis released. And yes, if I fiddled with the settings enough, I could find a good balance between performance and visuals.
    It also helps that even at mid 20 FPS Crysis still runs relatively smoothly. Much smoother then other titles at similar frame rates.
    But... that had it's issues at release. And a lot of those were related to performance. And it wasn't just "everyone expects to run max settings and it perform great".

There were lots of people with top end hardware, unable to get stable performance on medium and high settings.
    Not to mention tons of people suffering from crashes to desktop at the end of the third level.

But mostly, people were just frustrated with Cevat's comments. And when called out on it, he tried to act like a victim.
    Even saying Crysis' poor initial sales were because of pirates and only piracy. Saying they'd never do another PC exclusive title again.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I had the 8800 Ultra Leviathan at the time and it ran pretty darn good.... I'm not sure if it was 60fps but it was smooth.