AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.2 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 26, 2017.

1. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Hmm, I am not sure if it is the latest Skype update or this driver, but it seems Skype calls do not trigger the UVD bug on my system anymore.

2. XPzKiber

XPzKiber New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1060 6Gb
    How to disable edid in the driver 17.7.2, I used to install the resolution of 2560x1080 on an ordinary FullHD monitor with VSR earlier on the old driver and just appear black bars at the top and bottom and the picture was normal, and now when trying to put 2560x1080 the picture is stretched, how to fix it?

The permission I add in the register DALNonStandardModesBCD1.

Sorry for english.

3. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Global display settings: Display - Scaling Options

Per game profile: Game Profile - Profile Options - Display Scaling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  4. XPzKiber

XPzKiber New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1060 6Gb
    Maybe you misunderstood me, I put 2560x1080 on a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 using VSR, on the driver 17.7.1, just appeared black bars at the top and bottom and the image was normal 21:9, and now on the 17.7.2 the image is stretched and no Settings in the driver tab are disabled.

On the old driver it was possible to disable EDID, I think this is the reason.

Sorry for english.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    yep it happens easier when under load,

and nope, it happened on previous z97 mobo too (Gigabyte Gaming 5)

6. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I understand you, just use "Preserve aspect ratio" in global display settings.

7. XPzKiber

XPzKiber New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1060 6Gb
    "Preserve aspect ratio" - does not give anything. All the same, the picture is stretched.

Apparently it will not be possible to play more in 21:9 on an ordinary 16:9 monitor. :(

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  8. XPzKiber

XPzKiber New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1060 6Gb
    At a resolution of 1920x720 the aspect ratio remains correct, apparently the problem with the 2560x1080 (VSR) it unfortunately rasyatyanuto.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There was an issue with Hawaii GPUs a few years ago, if you tried to launch MSI AB while playing youtube video with hardware acceleration enabled, it resulted in system hard freeze. It could be bypassed by unticking "Enable low-level access to hardware" in MSI AB properties for such systems and I was under impression that it was fixed later in AMD driver.
    Can you confirm that it is still the case? The freeze was 100% reproduceable with such scenario.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Thats right, while playing video. Ive seen this until quite recently, that is until I had decided to untick Low Level Access. Boom - no more freezes.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Checked on 17.7.1 WHQL -> don't work

Unofficial overclocking also (got stuck on 300/500 after aplying setting, got back to normal after reapplying sett. in my TriXX Mod no need for restart tho).

My TriXX working NP as always :)

12. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Awesome, man! Thanks so much as always! :)

13. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    This issue isn't just limited to Hawaii but Tahiti cards too. The same is true for GPU-Z, if you're running a game like ACU, and you've minimized it to run GPU-Z, the system would freeze. It's not consistently reproducible but it happens 2 times out of 10.

The per-profile aspect ratio option doesn't work, despite being present, or I have yet to seen it work.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  14. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I'm back getting the failed pc starts at the Windows 10 logo when I first turn pc on, just as I was when Wattman first hit the scene, which I resolved back then by following someone's advice about turning off hibernation IIRC (which I haven't changed).

Hit the hard reset button on case, loads up fine.

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    The only way disabling hibernation would help with first boot would be if the intent is to make fast boot stop working, so it doesn't resume from an half-hibernation and some driver gets stuck. You might try to disable fast boot on the power options instead, so windows always starts fresh.

On a old PhII C2, a rare hang/freeze on the logo on a cold boot is usually due to insufficient voltage on the IMC when running 4 sticks, even if it can go through 12h of prime blend. Completely different platform, tough.

16. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    thanks bro !!! OC >290 works again !!!:)

17. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I have a 7 years old 32'' Samsung LCD TV and AMD Radeon settings gives me the below options :

Color depth 8, 10 and 12bpc.

By default is selected the 10bpc option.

As i can't see any differences in practice, i want to know what does the theory says. The bigger the better or something else ?

18. Unwinder

Thanks for confirming, I'll install Hawaii card see if I can detect and bypass the issue automatically.

19. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Yes, the higher the better, it affects the number of colors displayed, ranging from ~16 million colors for 8bpc to ~68 billion for 12 bpc (I said it right, billion). Best set it at highest available; you'd still need the specific video or game to support it.
    In practice, what it actually does it reduces the banding, those color transition that seem to be perfectly lined out compared to the others.
    [​IMG]

AFAIK Windows 7 and higher supports higher than 8-bit but it's not yet used in the desktop graphics. Only specific content can help you see a difference.

20. Unwinder

That's a result of designing driver API without backward compatibility in mind. The tools compiled to work with 17.7.2 X2 API won't work with older drivers and vice versa. Implementing both path manually is tricky as well, because some parts of X2 API were implemented in previous driver versions so it is not trivial to choose right path due to that. "Thanks", AMD.