AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.2 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 26, 2017.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Thank you, Afterburner works again.

2. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    [​IMG]

Thanks you. I'm full of admiration that you have done it AGAIN.

3. wotan

wotan Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 390Pcs+8GB
    @Unwinder thank you for the Fix...all working great now with my R9 390 :banana:

4. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL

I cant downclocking memory, only at 1000 MHz downclocking nice, Above this system crash :(. Remember with 16.11.5 drivers I can downclocking memory at 625 MHz in 3 cards and all runs good (temps runs 15-20º least) :(. When arrive "relive drivers", I cant never downclocking memory above 1000 MHz :(.

Hope understand me, Im use google translator. Thanks.

5. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    i read your post, i haven't understood if you have found a workaroud waiting the official SDK or if someone gave you the current SDK

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X

Instalar revive 17.7.1 y usar MSI Afterburner para reducir las tarjetas gráficas

Yo también usé google translate

7. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Answered in Unwinder's prior update-post on the SDK status, follow that link and read the "good" section.
    Specifically: "I've just got my copy via MSI"

8. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL

Thanks!!!. Lastest Msi afterburner from unwinder (from this thread)? I can dowclocking memory? Thanks again

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If AMD driver can, then you can do it in AB. Stable clock limits do not depend on applicaiton.

10. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Thanks dude (I speak for all I think) for your swift action with regard to 17.7.2 API support & MSI AB.

Is there a specific link to download the updated AB as I can not seem to locate it (I just find 440 beta12).

Again, thanks bro :thumbup:

EDIT
    ====

Never mind bro, located the link in your update post (need to wear my glasses more)... :cheers:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner...p440Beta15.rar

Que la versión ahora funciona de nuevo con el controlador 17.7.2, también puede undervolt con él

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    New Afterburner beta confirmed working fine on GCN 1.0

thanks Unwinder

13. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    <script

Hola!. Undervolt si que puedo, lo que no puedo es hacer downclock a la memoria :D. Con los drivers 16.11.5 (antes de los relive) podía poner la memoria al minimo (625 MHz) con su correspondiente Undervolt, las temperaturas bajan muchísimo. Pero desde los drivers relive (16.12.1 creo) no puedo bajar la memoria mas alla de los 1000 MHz, bajando de ahí el pc se bloquea. Con estos últimos 17.7.2 en las release notes dice que puedo hacer underclocking a la memoria pero en mi caso es mentira, solo puedo bajarla hasta 1000 MHz (de stock van a 1250).

Sorry all for using another language :D.

14. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Working fine how? Just like the v17.6 driver, GCN v1.0 is on OverDrive instead of Wattman in this driver (it has been moved back and forth between OverDrive and Wattman multiple times since Wattman was introduced) and I can neither overclock nor underclock either of my cards without my machine crashing during 2D cutscenes in games.

If I underclock either of my cards, during 2D cutscenes, the clock of the underclocked card will constantly fluctuate between UVD and 2D clocks (500 and 300 MHz core clock), resulting in heavy flickering and eventually black screen. If I overclock, in such cutscenes, the gpu clock will get stuck on 300 MHz, and the memory clock will get stuck on some very low clock, resulting in the same scenario as before. I can 100% reproduce this with the cutscenes in Assassin's Creed - Brotherhood, using both Afterburner and OverDrive, which means there is something wrong with the driver. This started with either 17.5 (never installed this one, so I am not sure) or 17.6; everything was fine on 17.4. If it wasn't for the CRU bug, I would have stayed on 17.4.

But yeah, my cards are too old and apparently, expecting AMD to not break stuff that already work is too much to ask. When it comes to fixing the UVD bug, GCN v1.0 is too old, but when it comes to forcing the new overclocking API and breaking overclocking and underclocking with it, GCN v1.0 is suddenly supported...

15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Maybe it has something to do with using crossfire mate?

16. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    It could, but it doesn't change the fact that I didn't have this problem with the v17.4 driver and everything that came before that.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    sometimes when I start afterburner, my system will freeze and then bsod....:3eyes:

18. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    thanks Unwinder, works like a charm!

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    same here, and its been like that for ages. I think i fixed it byticking off low level access.. or something similar... not sure, cant check now, away from home for a week or so.

20. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    ^ X2, I've had a 7970 in the past that only in combination with particular MB required that to be disabled, else it'd crash the system if AB was launched while the GPU was under load.