AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.2 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Registry settings will not help you to get this option in RadeonSettings. This option is controlled same way as Wattman. It checks your Device IDs.
    I already installed my Fiji as polaris10 and got all its registry.

One more possibility to get it via registry is blind enablement:
    Someone with Polaris has to do 2 snapshots of registry. One with VSync OFF and another with EnhancedSync ON.

Then we will try to use all vales which this changed. Killing RadeonSettings.exe and starting it again as it reloads Registry values and unless you go to particular menu, it will not change those registry.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\UMD]
    "Tessellation_OPTION_DEF"="2"
    "Tessellation_DEF"="6"
    "Tessellation"=hex:36,00,00,00
    "Tessellation_OPTION"=hex:32,00,00,00
    "Tessellation_SET"=hex:31,20,32,20,34,20,36,20,38,20,31,36,20,33,32,20,36,34,\
    "Main3D_DEF"="3"
    "Main3D"=hex:33,00
    "AreaAniso"=hex:30,00
    "MLF"=hex:30,00
    "EQAA"=hex:30,00
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements"=hex:31,00
    "ShaderCache"=hex:32,00
    "PowerState"=hex:30,00
    "TurboSync"=hex:31,00
    "AntiStuttering"=hex:31,00

3. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Read the first three pages of the thread please and you'll have your answer.

Some positive feedback:

The behavior of these drivers will vary depending on you how you choose to install them.

If you choose to update your 17.7.1 installation of drivers with these, you can expect most of 3rd party software to work just fine.

If you clean install these drivers, you might run into some compatibility issues with 3rd party monitoring/overclocking software.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Great drivers, p-state controls and enhanced sync works really well. My first AMD card ever....

5. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    I already installed my Fiji as polaris10 and got all its registry

thank you bro

so does it work for you not as option to control but as real world effect ? if yes then i need maybe more registry entries beside
    TurboSync=hex:31,00
    AntiStuttering=hex:31,00

like : VSync Control and VSync control_DEF
    and maybe i must learn your id method to install it as vega :infinity:

6. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    thank you OnnA i learn a lot from you xD

7. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Back to 17.7.1 until they fix the screen tearing in videos. Dont they test there drivers before they release them :(

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    :infinity:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  9. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Just tested and for me video tearing in Full Screen videos in Mozilla is solved :)
    Clean installed with DDU, so MSI AfterBurner doesn't work as it should :/

10. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Try opening two tabs with both playing its fine when you only open one. I can replicate the issue.

All is fine in 17.7.1

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    So I re-read the whole first page of this thread - no mentions about UVD bug

Incorrect, I installed these over 17.7.1 and 3rd party utilities aren't working correctly.

Stop spreading misinformation!

12. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I tried to open 4 FullHD YouTube videos in tabs and it was OK (even with one on full screen).
    Tested in Mozilla and Chrome.

BTW It looks like the enhanced sync broke cut scenes in Wolfenstain the New Order. FPS is stuck on 10 :/

13. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Not working here with freesync enabled. You are using a freesync monitor?

100% a driver issue as its fine with 17.7.1

14. PontiacGTX

PontiacGTX Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    then anyone checked if using 17.7.2 dlls onto 17.7.1 folder increased your performance?

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Apply cold water to burned areas.

It's apparent that you don't know how to read.

This is from the second page of the thread.

Third page

Here are three people who confirmed their clock speed getting stuck at 300/500 for the Fury cards. OnnA, myself and Agonist.

There. You aren't worth the effort but I did it anyways. And furthermore

[​IMG]

The above image is taken from my PC at home that's mainly used for playing CS:GO.

Just so you know, while you may own just "one" variant of AMD GPU at home, I have access to AMD cards ranging from the 290/290X/390/390X/Fury to the RX 480/580 at work alongside nvidia GPUs as well.

PS

Ever since the following took place:

You've been hanging on to my words and have been trying to discredit me on pretty much every post I have made. Which is sad as I have proven you wrong on pretty much every occasion. :infinity:

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Ad 1) That's not UVD bug, but 3rd party tools incompatibility with 17.7.2 - those are not able to read clocks correctly, read Unwinders posts

Ad 2) See above

Ad 3) You are mixing minimum framerates with frametimes, educate yourself a bit :rolleyes:

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I finally tried the new Enhanced Sync... and... I don't know, it just seems very twitchy and not smooth like vsync.

The screen tear is not noticeable but it is certainly not smooth.

18. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The UVD Bug is a reference to the operating frequency being stuck at a lower P State than the highest Performing P state, which is true for three users owning a Fury card in this very thread any many more people on Reddit. It's essentially the same thing.

OnnA posted a workaround, Agonist and I can confirm it works and I posted a screenshot of it too. Are you really that ignorant?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what the image says on the left? Average, 1% LOW, 0.1% LOW and AVG. Which is measured in framerate over a certain period of time. The minimum framerate example was to prove that there's still an issue with the overhead. And if you convert the framerate overtime to frametime in a chart, the relatively (compared to the nvidia equivalent) lower minimum framerate will present itself accordingly, which is exactly what Gamers-Nexus has been doing.

The original argument with you was that AMD provides relatively worse performance in older games, which to this date is still true. You said that such an issue is non existent and I linked you to reviews to prove you wrong. You're now arguing for the sake of arguing, as you've failed to produce anything to prove contrary to my claims and you're saying that I am mixing framerate with frametime despite proving that AMD's worse off in both scenarios.

Take your own advice. Educate yourself, but not a bit, I'd say by a lot.

19. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Ad 1) Nope, that's not an UVD bug.

Ad 2) Can't reproduce that. 3rd party apps are still not able to read and change clocks and power limit. Unwinder confirms there is are changes in API, so your results are some kind of bug.

Ad 3) Oh, they are using a Fraps, OK then.

Anyway, GR:Wildlands is terribly optimized CrapWorks title, really not a good example, but I understand you need to pick some cherries there.

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Okay wise one, what's UVD Bug?

I'm gonna make this easier for you.

I got around this on the Fury by initially clean installing 17.7.1 and then upgrading to 17.7.2 over the existing installation, didn't even Uninstall MSI AB to keep my custom Fan Curve profile.

Now then. What's the definition of UVD Bug?

I guess three or more people who has successfully been able to reproduce a bug that allows us to actually make use of MSI AB and other 3rd party software are spreading misinformation? Okay. :stewpid:

How ignorant can you get?

[​IMG]

The above image is Photoshopped. It must be.

The fact that updating 17.7.2 over an existing 17.7.1 installation clearly suggests that some of the existing registry entries that allows third party software hooks aren't being overwritten is what's probably is causing MSI AB and GPU-Z to work. But it's all misinformation. Okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXepIWi4SgM&

They currently use a custom build of PresentMon, which is far more reliable IMO.

Tell me that's also an nvidia Gameworks title with DirectX 12?

[​IMG]

Lower minimum frameate, but higher maximum framerate. Resulting in an overall higher average framerate, but relatively worse experience. Why does it sound familiar?

:bang: