ASRock Shows X399 Taichi and Fatal1ty Professional Gaming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Not to date myself too much ....but I have been an enthusiast since the commodore 64 was connected to my 12" inch t.v. screen and had to type in numbers to simulate flight attacks on a carrier group. Am I the only one that feels like the cpu's and motherboards at their current technology levels, are not only slow in coming but should/could have been years earlier? My point being, I feel like I have been milked for all I'm worth and am finally being rewarded for hanging in there. Servers have enjoyed premium technology, albeit at a premium price, and the public kept teased by a "new" carrot on a string every so often. I love what I see here now and will make sure I future proof myself from more carrots as long as possible.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I know what you mean.

For me personally, i feel that the jump between upgrading my computer is not what it used to be. Could be wrong mind but I have lost all interest in building my own rigs because of this.

4. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    In which scenario will a consumer use 3 nics? well.. is not that often! it is nice to see this boards full of features, i suppose the price tag will be very high for this beauties btw i love the use of heat pipes on vrm cooling jeje i remembers the golden days of the lanparty motherboards

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    So am I wrong for thinking that now I have to wait for these boards to come out with their "revision 2" before buying since USB 3.2 has now just been confirmed?

I'd imagine these boards would get an update further down the road as did the x79/99 boards got theirs.

I want to upgrade so badly I can taste it and this is seriously the first time I've waited this long since new hardware has been dropping like hot cakes from an IHOP....!!

6. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Maybe, but that would be so with x299 as well.

7. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    Indeed Hilbert has been complaining for ages about a lack of 10Gbe but I've no idea why. Not a single person I know has any need for it, nor do any of them have 10Gbe switches or other infrastructure.

The people that want it could always chuck in a PCIe card, for the rest of us it just pushes the price of boards up for no good reason.

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Yeah, but I am done with Intels pricing and their meager offerings at that.

Intel needs another "whole" refresh for this guy to jump back on that wagon...

9. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    True words spoketh

I used to practically support the enthusiast computer community with every generation until performance from cpu's and motherboards just died. Suddenly, thanks to Intel, we were stuck at quadcore ad naseum. Hell cell phones were become more exciting than an actual computer. I will be glad to say a fond farewell to my old X58SLI mobo with TRIPLE channel memory and overclocked i7-920 that has been going strong for soooooo, many years. It was once a marvel of modern technology but time to give Intel the boot for having dragged their behinds for so long.

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Single 8 pin CPU power connector VS 2 in ASUS and MSI.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Not sure what you are saying. These boards have an 8 pin and a 4 pin. You talking about two 8 pins compared to a 8 and 4?

12. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I do envy you..... Such control!!

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You are right, i didn't see the 4 pin in the other motherboards corner.I still prefer 2x8 pins in ASUS and MSI motherboards.Just in case.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I don't think these CPU's will be that power hungry.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    "will" or "could"?

The fact that Ryzen can't do a significant OC even with unlocked multiplier is not an advantage but a limitation specially for enthusiast motherboards.

ASUS "leaked" a pic of his X399 ROG Zenith Extreme showing the CPU clock at 5.005GHz but it's an evident photoshop work (no CPU installed):

[​IMG]

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-x399-threadripper-overclocking

Maybe it's possible this CPU can OC to 5 GHz with a proper power supply and...under LN2.Not very useful for gaming. :3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    They showed the x299 board with the same LCD display showing 5.005 as well.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    At least on x299 you can believe to achieve it under water!

Faith has limits for non-believers. :D