GeForce 384.80 Hotfix Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RealNC, Jul 4, 2017.

1. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    cant use any driver (thus far) in the 38x series (if using CU and im not re-installing windows anniversary just to use 38x.. drivers). While they perform well from an fps standpoint, they all randomly freeze FFXIV when moving between monitors.

I use 378.92 for now. This forces me to connect all 4 of my displays to 1 card which runs hot as all hell. Cant use my displays across 2 cards on any driver since 368.51. Good ole nvidia ****ting on the sli/surround setups.

(supposedly newer drivers work IF you dont use the HB bridge. yea not worth)

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    @ klepp0906 - For real though, Nvidia can't solve the sli + surround bugs since CU release.That's hell of frustration since it was working before.

3. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    I know. like i tell my buddies and other enthusiasts. The cool factor just "barely" and i mean "barely" tips the scales in favor of running setups like this. The trouble that would go away by going with a powerful single card/single display set up is not to be underestimated.

Its always something.

When I was young(er), the constant tinkering and reparing was part of the fun. Nowadays I want to tweak a little and in my free time actually enjoy what I spend my hard earned money on lol.

I often debate going single next time around but its very hard to go back ;p

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well so far no black screen tab (tdr) in firefox with 384.76, I also raised my OC back to 4.7ghz and still ok unlike with 384.80 or any 382 other then 382.05.

I dont play or care about WD2 so 384.76 looks good for now.

5. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Screw that, I wouldn't want to go back either.Technology supposed to be getting better right!? Completely understandable, you have the hardware, have to do what you must to keep it up and running.

@ -Tj- : Even if you managed to get a copy for free, 384.76 driver will work if you strip the bloatware out the package.It's basically the same driver as this hotfix in that regard.

6. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    yea thats my thing (technology getting better etc). SLI and surround have been a thing for over a decade now. Makes ya wonder. We can land and control robots on pieces of rock 100's of millions of miles away though ;p

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Just installed these, i still dont understand why i did it, same as other drivers like always lol.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I miss the days when it was worth trying every driver for a performance or feature boost.
    After a fun benchmark session I'd report what it did for my hardware.
    Bloody boring now, especially when you dont dare install them until you hear enough reports it doesnt hose something.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't know if this is an X299 thing or universal but these drivers break quite a few things for me (as do the ones they are supposed to 'hotfix').

Ghost Recon Wildlands - Breaks SLI, Terrible FPS
    COD:IW - Terrible FPS
    PUBG - Breaks SLI, Terrible FPS
    3DMark Firestrike (Basic) - Very low score.

None of these were issues with 382.53.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Try the games with SLI disabled?

By the way, that is an absolutely awesome gaming PC you have there. I would almost call it overkill but that just makes me sound jealous... which I am, obviously! :p

11. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    For me to! but in 3dmark have good scaling - http://www.3dmark.com/spy/2033109 (this on 4.6)

And my issues http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5450362&postcount=217

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

With PUBG, it is SLI as disabling it seems to fix the problem although SLI works perfectly with 382.53 so Ill stick with that for now.

COD, GR and FS are driver specific problems, not an SLI issue.

3Dmark is fine, it is only the one test (The Firestrike Basic test) that seems to have a problem. TimeSpy, FS Ultra and Extreme are both ok.

FS Basic shows ~21000 with 384.80 and ~29000 with 382.53.

WD2 has always been a mediocre performer with SLI, one of the reasons I haven't played it too much. I really should get into it ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  13. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Judging from the performance I'm getting at 4K with only a few settings turned down, just one of your Ti's should be enough.It's an awesome game imo.

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah I'm going to give it another whirl if I can tear myself away from bloody PUBG for more than 10 minutes ;)

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Read through quite a few pages. So the general consensus is that these drivers are worse than 382.53 performance wise? Only reason I'm interested in them is for 4k streaming on the Netflix app on PC but if they perform worse, I'll wait. 382.53 performs great overall and gave me a huge boost in mirrors edge catalyst. I can now play on hyper in 2160p and keep 60fps where as before I had to run it in a custom resolution of 3456x1944.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No, they are not.

17. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Thanks. I was just making sure because I saw a few posts about people having to revert back because of stuttering. I just installed these and so far so good. Mirrors edge catalyst still performs great and even feels smoother than before. Did anyone notice that they removed the resolution information from the Netflix windows app? Used to show if it was in 4k or HD on the information but now it says nothing. My app on my smart tv still shows it.:3eyes:

18. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    You'll see those posts for every driver release. Some people are just .. special. :)

19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yeah there's always that but I've actually had drivers perform bad and had to revert back. Nonetheless these drivers are great.

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    If the driver is bad, NVIDIA will remove immediately without any hassle.