Meme makers beware/ Lol

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    CNN will find you! /Lol

Story...>https://heatst.com/tech/cnn-doesnt-understand-meme-culture-and-it-backfired-big-time/?mod=sm_fb_post

"The internet is full of memes. It is a thankless and most importantly anonymous job. Once the creator is done exporting the image from Photoshop he sends it out to the internet, and thus loses all ownership. The meme enters the soupy, amorphous mass of internet culture.

Memes are meant to be shared. They are meant to be stolen, re-purposed, mixed and skewed. There is no copyrighting of memes. They are jokes, expressions of ideas, where the intent is subject to whoever happens to post it."

what ya'll think?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Looooooooooool.

3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Memes are communism. I am proud of it.

Seize the memes of production, tovarisch!

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Loooool^.....we need a like button Hilbert!/ Lol

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    When he posted the gif I was like, "here comes a **** storm." Then when the storm hit it sounded like toddlers throwing a tantrum. Seriously the idiots in the media were just handed an easy opportunity to portray 45 as juvenile and instead they ended up looking like it was their nap time.

6. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Guest

GPU:
    24GB
    loooooolooollll

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "Feels bad man" -CNN

[​IMG]

8. Exascale

Exascale Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    CNN cant find anything but FAKE NEWS.

https://youtu.be/adHXD_7-RBU good video about it.

Also why is CNN blackmailing and threatening to dox him? I think CNN is just asking to have everyone on the internet make more memes.

CNN Blackmail is trending on twitter.

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    CNN couldn't stand the fact that Trump got memed into White House.

Memes, Communism, Trump, Russia. Coincidence?

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And this is all they have to show for it,

[​IMG]

11. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Gotta love a good meme no matter how old and grumpy you are...

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The author behind this doxxing threat (Andrew Kaczynski) from CNN has a bit of a history, he actually made false allegations while working for Buzzfeed about a guy who ended up (had already) committing suicide. Journalistic integrity is clearly alive and well.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...-sunil-tripathys-story-now-being-told-n373141

Edit: Removed a screen-cap of Milo Y on the situation as his information was seemingly false.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    THERE IS A LITERAL STORY ON A MAJOR NEWS OUTLET ABOUT MEMES.

I have no real words to say.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The guy committed suicide a month before he posted it... Talk about fake news. Not to mention that tweet itself was literally just him posting what was said on the police scanner.

Uh you realize that his comment history was filled with racist tirades like this one:

“Explain to me why a weekend doesn’t go by where 80 of you ****ing moon crickets aren’t shooting each other down in ****cago [Chicago]? Why you dumb ****ing nignogs can’t attend a rap concert without someone being shot up?”

Right?

For a thread with a bunch of people complaining about fake news, there is a lot of fake news being posted in it. Like I agree that CNN shouldn't be black mailing people, but the responses in here and in general are making me think that the writer of the movie Idiocracy was a time traveler.

Well when the President of the United States posts a meme on the POTUS twitter account that tends to happen, yeah.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You mean the part where false allegations were made against a young man who had done nothing wrong? Granted, the allegations didn't result in his death that being the case, but the allegations were falsely made about a man who had been missing and whose family were frantic. You can only dismiss part of the issue, not the whole.

I'll remove the Milo post that being the case, although I provided two very different sources for a reason.

The guy who reposted the information (as well as others) was a Journalist, his actions resulted in the young mans face being listed as a terrorist. He screwed up, he shouldn't have blindly reposted information like that, it was and IS his job to verify and act with a certain level of integrity. He has repeatedly failed to do so.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Dude, they said on the police scanner that the person he named in his tweet was a suspect. All he said was "Wow looks like reddit was right, blah blah has been named as a suspect" that's hardly the worst thing anyone has ever done as a reporter.

He even wrote this the very next day:

18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Yeah, I'm sorry but when someone in his position screws up I'm not going to excuse it on the basis that other people have done similar or worse in the past. When he and his peers released that information from their position as Journalists, the news spread like absolute wildfire. People cock up and post misinformation on the internet at times, I've done the same myself -- but when you are in a position such as his you need to be better, it's your job to be better.

I'm not keen on the state of journalism in general, mind you, so I'm not entirely focused on this one guy. I just find it sickening that someone like him can consistently fluck up.

19. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Nothing he said was factually incorrect, the person was named by police as a suspect, there was no screw up, the end.

20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    So now a police scanner is the go ahead final approval for truth. WOW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.